Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So they just let terrorists out free?
    If they are white, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    "With prejudice" is a legal term that basically means the trial has gone too far, and by ending it, there won't be another one. It's (as usual) a complicated issue in the legal arena, because, for instance, a mistrial based on a hung jury, isn't necessarily "with prejudice" (and means a retrial is typically possible) - which doesn't make any sense at all, when, for instance, if a judge declares a mistrail for prosecutorial misconduct, and it's not even done presenting their case (they go first), the defendant can be barred from being tried again.

It's weird - and there is no bright line on when it does and does not apply - all depends on the jurisdiction and circumstances (as is the case with almost every legal issue - "it depends" is probably the first, second, and third most common answer to a legal question).

No need for embarrassment - you didn't waste three years of your life in law school and are still facing crushing student loan debt like some of us did. That's gotta be useful for something.
    What actually pisses me of the most is that I assume the Bundys still haven't god dam paid the fees they should have been paying.

You have Jeff Sessions undoing Obama era rules that prevented putting people in jail for stupid tickets but these chicken f#ck@rs owns the US government millions probably and still just walk around free.

How hard could it be to fucking thrown in a charge regarding the Bundys not paying up.
    Last edited by ati87; 2018-01-12 at 09:00 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    What actually pisses me of the most is that I assume the Bundys still haven't got dam paid the fees they should have been paying.

You have Jeff Sessions undoing Obama era rules that prevented putting people in jail for stupid tickets but these chicken f#ck@rs ow the US government millions probably and still just walk around free.

How hard could it be to fucking thrown in a charge regarding the Bundys not paying up.
    Exactly. Or put them in jail for not paying their fines? We do that all the time when people don't pay their speeding tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Jeezy, on record, not understanding the difference between a judge and a jury.
    Add it to the list of things he doesn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Well I guess that is better than not understanding what a question is. Did you pass first grade?
    Are you the one with an MBA?

Talk about grade inflation, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

It's absolutely astonishing how limp-wristed the government response was to an illegal seizure of land under the banner of an armed revolt.

We are a country of laws, anyone? Kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    With everything happening with the Trump admin on almost a daily basis this kind of feels a bit brushed over. See the article for the full text or the part for the reasoning of the judge.

First link was the ruling from a few weeks ago, second one is recent where the prosecution had a chance to make their case for why she should grant another trial

Amazing almost, doing all of this and still not in jail.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nment-land-use

http://beta.latimes.com/nation/la-na...018-story.html
    Even though this was a big news story when it happened, the stuff coming out that we didn't previously know is staggering. People need to be fired over the way this was handled.

I'm glad to see justice finally served, after this man spent almost two years in jail. I hope he sues for damages.