Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Absolutely nothing!

Gotta love when virtue signaling, spoiled, sanctimonious white western "do-gooders" lecture someone about their own country; like Shinra here did to @Freighter.

When was I taking about intelligence? Dogs are our companions, we train them, they're aware of who their owner is.
    My grandfather owns a dozen pigs. They know jack shit who he is. They can pass the mirror test, but for me they can't pass the human test. Dogs can, cats can, dolphins can as well.
    Also there isn't much meat per dog anyway.
    Anyway, I think it's funny how nobody comes to save the cow. Poor thing is too tasty to be kept alive.
    A friend of mine had a pet pig. It most definetely knew who you were, when you came in :>
    If you raise them, like we raise dogs, they behave very similiar to dogs. I assume the cultures, who eat dogs, raise them like we raise pigs. So their behaviour is probably closer to our pigs, before they get eaten.
    Not sure if anyone ever tried to have a pet cow :>
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is not much different than eating pigs. Other than here in the US esp., dogs are pets. Not many pig pet owners. I mean, personally I find it disgusting, but can not knock the countries which do eat dogs, when pigs are just as intelligent and can make good pets.

Dog meat is to gamy.

Like dogs.
    And I like bacon.
    Only one gets to live since we're buds.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    Dog meat is to gamy.
    So start creating a breed that isn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with eating dog. As long as you slaughter it as a civilised person, by stunning the animal first. Torture, boiling and skinning alive practised in China are wrong.
    Somebody gave my grandfather puppy and he took it without knowing what breed it was. It turns out it was a rottweiler and it wasn't safe to have him around kids so grandpa butchered him and made a barbecue. It tasted pretty good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    But if someone started to breed them for consumption?
    Then they are a bit late to the party.

Start breeding dogs to be eaten now and in five to ten thousand years we can have the conversation.

Dogs work and are companions without pair.
    Eating them is barbaric and against all the good work our ancestors did to get dogs to where they are today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    No, you're being the victim when you you pretend it's not part of your culture because you don't approve of it.
    Traditions don't change if you don't speak out against them.
    See bullfighting for example.

Nothing about trying to be a victim. Of what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I know we've had threads about this before but I was looking through petition.org while sipping on a cuppa and enjoying Maryland's biscuits as I usually do on a Friday afternoon, you know, just trying to see what different petitions I can sign and what change I can contribute to society a ritual for me as of late. However, I was shocked to see a petition calling for "Boycott PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea, A Dog Eating Nation!" . Isn't this a bit much? I actually love watching the Winter Olympics and have always felt they were more engaging and entertaining than the main Olympics show that draws a much bigger crowd.

The language used in the petition is also strewn with echoes of the all-too familiar Western superiority and even says that eating dogs is barbaric and even uneducated. Really? Uneducated?
    Dogs have been bread to be the ONE animal that is unquetionably loyal and trusting of man.

It is an attrocity to kill and eat such a loyal companion.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    What's wrong with eating humans?

I'd kill and eat a person before a dog.
    That your number is coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by HDestroyer View Post
    There is nothing wrong with eating dog. As long as you slaughter it as a civilised person, by stunning the animal first. Torture, boiling and skinning alive practised in China are wrong.
    Somebody gave my grandfather puppy and he took it without knowing what breed it was. It turns out it was a rottweiler and it wasn't safe to have him around kids so grandpa butchered him and made a barbecue. It tasted pretty good.
    Did the rottweiler actually...do anything violent? Why not just give it away, surely a good rottweiler is worth more alive than dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    I chalk this up along things I like to call, who gives a fuck?
    Things like gay marriage, eating dogs, eating monkeys(tribes in africa) etc etc.

I disagree with it and I think it's wrong. But who gives a fuck? It is a different culture and it is their right to do these things and I try to have respect for other cultures and their ways of life.
    how much lube did you need to slip that in there so subtly?

OK so looking at it from a moral perspective eating dog is the same as any other meat. The methods used to kill in this situation makes it pretty bad, but I feel a lot of people are willing to openly judge this without introspection in how a lot of the meat they eat is killed. Slaughterhouses can be pretty brutal, and if you're eating meat without knowledge that it's killed in a humane fashion you probably shouldn't be judging another country for what they're eating.

All this said it is morally wrong to boil an animal alive, and ideally shouldn't be happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Objectively, eating dogs is not more wrong than eating any other animals. It just comes down to feels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Objectively, eating dogs is not more wrong than eating any other animals. It just comes down to feels.
    ^^^ This.

Cultural & personal perspectives.

Same as how Jews don't eat Pork, or Hindus, Beef.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Most pigs and cows aren't considered family.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    If you can't morally distinguish between animals, there is no point in having a discussion about this because it will never lead anywhere.
    Yeah, how there can be any discussion with those inhuman barbaric hellish heathen heretics who kill and (the horror!!!) EAT holy Cows?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    We don't make meals out of members of the family.
    Are all dogs in the world members of your family? I know at least several people who have pet piglets and still eat pork just fine.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yeah, it's kind of bad to eat dogs. I think less of any person who does so.
    This right here judging and deciding what people should eat, do and how they should live.

The answer is no worse or better than consuming any other animal flesh besides humans.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    If you can't morally distinguish between animals, there is no point in having a discussion about this because it will never lead anywhere.
    Morally distinguishing between animals is ONLY personal bias. An animal is an animal, is an animal. Food, Pet, Warmth, Entertainment.. It's up to each individual how or what they consider an animal to be, if anything more than just, an animal.

Don't be so morally blind as to think your morals must be correct, just because they're yours.
    I use to be stuck on that level too. Don't worry, you'll grow.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.