Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Doing an entire zones worth of leveling in 4 zone intro quests is a bit broken, isn't it?

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Exp pots have been removed so the price is going to inflate to ungodly levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, goody goody for you. This thread isn't aimed at you.
    They've been turned into grey items so the price is going to be zero.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally welcome this change. Leveling new characters used to be a fun experience in itself, an experience which I would dare to have called "content" back before everybody up and decided the only content that mattered was Raiding.

That being said, despite the fact that I welcome this change, it's a little naive to say Blizzard isn't doing it at least in part to push character boost sales.

Furthermore, I don't think increasing monster health and reducing exp gains is enough. Abilities at lower levels are severely lacking for many classes and the rotations just aren't fun because of it. If classes could be made to be more fun, engaging, and rewarding at all levels of gameplay then most people wouldn't have such a hatred for the leveling process.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    And this is the problem. Leveling is being made harder and slower. By making so you get less exp, decreasing the effectiveness of heirlooms, and increasing mob health. Leveling is already a monotonous grind. And the solution is "oh if you don't like leveling just buy a boost." I think they know what they are doing besides "Trying to make the experience of leveling better."
    We're talking about adding 2 hours to the 'efficient' leveling process.

I mean- it's two hours. It's really not that big of a deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    well this has killed me levelling another too i dont care about a sense of accomplishment while levelling i care for max levelling stuff sadly the price of the boost isnt worth it to make matters worse im almost out of content to do
    You are aware that there is an expansion coming up right? Plus a questline in 7.3.5.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I like how Blizzard is finally fixing the leveling system after years of being in disarray and people are complaining claiming it's a boost scheme... and then with Allied Races they're making the heritage locked in a way such that you cannot obtain the armor through any other means than leveling. Seems a bit contradictory but that's me.
    I know right!

The changes being made are a result of player feedback and probably a healthy dose of devs playing the game themselves. The leveling Heritage armor can't be earned through boosting a Allied race, and there's a total of 6 races with Heritage armors for players to work towards.
    But yeah, totally a Blizzard scheme to sell more boosts!!

Just another testament to how the biggest complainers rarely adhere to logical reasoning. If Blizzard's aim was truly to sell more boosts, why the fuck keep them priced at the cost of an expansion...? They'd make Heritage armor available as long as you reached level 60 or something with an Allied race, coupled with a significantly lowered cost to boosts.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-13 at 02:27 AM.

I don't see this explicitly stated anywhere and only learned it from various forum posts, so I'm gonna help out and tell you here. They are DRASTICALLY increasing the time it takes to level in 7.3.5. Quest exp is nerfed up until either 90 or 100, 1 to 60 now takes more exp, and looms are being nerfed. This is a horrible change and if I hadn't already leveled every class to 100 in WoD I would be furious. So if you ever plan on rerolling in the future, do it now before this not-so-subtle ploy to sell boosts goes in to effect.

Edit: stop posting to tell me you like the change. I don't care and this thread isn't aimed at you, it's to warn people like me who hate leveling.
    They are not DRASTICALLY increasing exp. Stop lying. Also they want you to buy boost but at the same time they lock the heritage armor cosmetic behind the whole levelling ? Seems logical.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me if the new leveling is also more dangerous? Do you have more abilities while leveling?
    I hate the system since the Cata revamp because firstly it's on rails, secondly there is no threat of dying and thirdly you can't even properly play your specc because you simply don't have all the buttons or mechanics.

yay now I can finally enjoy leveling again

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You can be sure about your end, I'll stay sure that a lot/most people to whom these changes are aimed, do/will enjoy the content more once the patch hits.
    I agree the changes to the process and not having to leave zones is a very welcome and great change, but theres really no reason to make it take longer than it currently does.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    You are aware that there is an expansion coming up right? Plus a questline in 7.3.5.
    yes i am, but those questlines never take long

So if you ever plan on rerolling in the future, do it now before this not-so-subtle ploy to sell boosts goes in to effect..
    I love posts like this where the OP thinks they're being snarky and witty when in reality all it does is show they have no idea how businesses operate and what their end game goal is.

Edit: stop posting to tell me you like the change. I don't care and this thread isn't aimed at you, it's to warn people like me who hate leveling.
    Bad news champ. You don't get to choose what other people post.

my level 50 arcane mage can one hit almost everything in the ungoro crater with arcane nova. how much fun is that!

God, extra time in Outland?

:Barfs:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post

So just do Northrend instead? lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.

You can now skip outland and go directly to northrend instead if you want. (I personally prefer outland to northrend but meh).

Also the increased time to level only applies to 20-60.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Haha. I should bookmark some of these threads. I can't imagine why anyone would want to lengthen the leveling process. I can only assume those who are looking forward to these changes are nothing more than Blizzard apologists. Leveling isn't a drag because we currently level to fast, leveling is a drag because it's only cool 1 or 2 times. Past that, it's just a chore to get to max level.

Mark my words. 2-3 years from now when people have to get through 130 levels to get to max level for the umpteenth time, people will be screaming for nerfs, and Blizzard will reverse this.
    Strangely enough, I'm one of the biggest critics of Blizzard in recent years, and I'm looking forward to this change. Leveling content has deserved and update for awhile now.

If I'm not mistaken, you will be able to go right to Northrend at level 58, and level all the way to 80 there, once this patch goes live.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Don't know how i can accidentally grant myself levels :P
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I don't see this explicitly stated anywhere and only learned it from various forum posts, so I'm gonna help out and tell you here. They are DRASTICALLY increasing the time it takes to level in 7.3.5. Quest exp is nerfed up until either 90 or 100, 1 to 60 now takes more exp, and looms are being nerfed. This is a horrible change and if I hadn't already leveled every class to 100 in WoD I would be furious. So if you ever plan on rerolling in the future, do it now before this not-so-subtle ploy to sell boosts goes in to effect.

I really like this change honestly, unlike you some people actually enjoy leveling and miss the days of actual leveling not steam rolling levels.