Thread: The word SHIT

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The word SHIT

The word SHIT

Back in the day that word would never have been aloud on US TV but inch by inch it seems its become more and more accepted even with Adult Swim and cartoons now saying it plus Southpark but since the president has allegedly said it main stream news all over America is using the word like its nothing infact they aint even bothering to censor it!.

Does this mean the word Shit has now become mainstream now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    The word SHIT

Back in the day that word would never have been aloud on US TV but inch by inch it seems its become more and more accepted even with Adult Swim and cartoons now saying it plus Southpark but since the president has allegedly said it main stream news all over America is using the word like its nothing infact they aint even bothering to censor it!.

Does this mean the word Shit has now mainstream now?
    I've heard it about 100 times on CNN over the last 24 hours. George Carlin is probably happy though.

Deleted
    shit if i know

I never understood why the word was/is censored so much tbh.

Donald "shithole" Trump is doing his best to make it mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I never understood why the word was/is censored so much tbh.
    Because this will happen:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Hits_the_Fan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I still think it's funny how many outlets are censoring it or referring to it as "profanity"

Sometimes I feel like these people live in an alternate reality.
    There's a certain level of discourse expected in professional settings. Even more so from people who mean to carry themselves with some form of dignity.

Donald Trump is proving more and more every day that he has no dignity.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PogChamp View Post
    Donald "shithole" Trump is doing his best to make it mainstream.
    It was mainstream long before he became President. Which is why they should not be upset over him using it. :P I saw a democrat call some countries Hellholes. Seems worse than shitholes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I still think it's funny how many outlets are censoring it or referring to it as "profanity"

Sometimes I feel like these people live in an alternate reality.
    Yeah but Hell and Damn and the almost F words that get made up for SciFi are ok for public TV.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    The word SHIT

I never liked the idea of ostracising and censoring "curse words" anyways. I'm not exactly going to censor myself around my future children either. I despise the very idea of censorship.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

10+ Year Old Account
    Words only hold power if you give it to them. Shit, ass, damn, bitch, fuck, supercalafragilelisticexbealadoshish; its not the word itself that carries weight, but how one uses it. It's only atricious if you make it so.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Back in the day, Beavis and Butthead use to say Buttmunch all the time, Finally the creators slipped in Assmunch and the censorship folks didn't catch it (because they heard buttmuch so much, it sailed past them) or didn't care anymore.

Fuck and it's sub flavors will probably be the only one that doesn't make it.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bad word, just a bad place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    I never liked the idea of ostracising and censoring "curse words" anyways. I'm not exactly going to censor myself around my future children either. I despise the very idea of censorship.
    Me too i hate censoring words and i think it has been utterly pointless especially here in America but because TV networks thinks advertisers thinks curse words mean less viewers but its time to dispel that myth and just allow swearing on US tv especially if they allow violence and shit like that (pun intended)!.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I've heard it about 100 times on CNN over the last 24 hours. George Carlin is probably happy though.
    Winner.

And for all of you who know the seven words you can't say, but you say all of them daily, double winner.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Winner.

And for all of you who know the seven words you can't say, but you say all of them daily, double winner.
    Dont make me do it!

OH FUCK IT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    Do you have any idea how hard it was for me not to post something using all seven?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I feel pillar after pillar regarding swearing on US TV is falling and i thank god that it is.

I mean you ever seen Goodfellas on AMC?

Ship High In Transit