Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Any crime involving a physical attack (or even the threat of an attack) is usually classified as an assault, a battery, or both. Depending on the seriousness of the attack (or the dangerousness of the weapon used), these acts can rise to the level of aggravated assault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I think misleading, false, structured in such a way as to evoke a response to a situation that isnt based on the facts of said situation news, is more of a problem than this one incident.
    Again I can only partially agree. I know where you are coming from, the news often exaggerates but in this case it's a bit different. He approached twice on a not very empty street and aimed for her. The only thing (as far as I can see but iam open to change) that would let him off is if he is mentally impaired. In every other sense it seems very much a planned attack. Harass to me would be him calling her stuff from across the street but this went beyond that.

Mind you like I said this puts us into a circular argument where we argue how we feel about this news when either of us approach it with our own different experience.

Though the one thing I hope we can agree on is that this was despicable and hopefully crimes like this disappear or reduce (sadly they are increasing).
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Oh no he cut her hat off.

ATTACKED.
    You shitting me? I’m a grown man, and if someone took a piece of my clothing and cut it up you’d bet your ass I’d involve the police. Doing that to a child? He gets his jaw broken and THEN the cops get involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    Man, I remember that one time someone put a "kick me" sign on my back. I immediately informed the police about the assault that took place, but for some reason they just laughed at me. I wish I lived in Canada so it would be considered a hate crime.
    Wearing a hijab is a kick me sign?
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Wearing a hijab is a kick me sign?
    No, but someone touched my clothing. Literally rape. #metoo

Was there any bodily harm in any way, did he try to harm her bodily in any way?

No? Not attacked.
    https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/g...re-337498.html

"An assualt is basically putting the victim in fear of an offensive imminent attack or contact. Battery is the actual offensive physical contact. Grabbing a shirt is really a battery, but most police would refer to it as an "assault.""

Let me guess, you know more than an attorney, rando on MMO-Champion?

Attacking 11 year old girls and cutting their clothes will sure teach those muslims to stop being muslim... or something like that!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst I disagree vehemently with Islamic practices. The Law is the Law for a reason and physically assaulting someone regardless of your feelings towards their Faith is a definite no-go.

Also, she's a fucking Child and likely doesn't wear it because she wants to but because she is made to by her Parents, so attacking her is an even more cowardly act.

Anyone cheering on this Guy is a fucking moron.

If the guy wanted to make a point, he should have tried that shit on an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/g...re-337498.html

"An assualt is basically putting the victim in fear of an offensive imminent attack or contact. Battery is the actual offensive physical contact. Grabbing a shirt is really a battery, but most police would refer to it as an "assault.""

Let me guess, you know more than an attorney, rando on MMO-Champion?
    I never involved legal terminology, I am debating the ethics of false reporting and clickbaiting.

Nice strawman though.

I never involved legal terminology, I am debating the ethics of false reporting and clickbaiting.

Nice strawman though.
    Ooh, nice goal post shift.

+1 for effort

Legally, it was an assault, or, in other words, an attack. What other basis is there to use when describing an attack?

Was there any bodily harm in any way, did he try to harm her bodily in any way?

No? Not attacked.
    Just in case the other definitions haven't made any dent:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadi...Common_Assault

Canadian Criminal Law/Offences/Common Assault

265. (1) A person commits an assault when

(a) without the consent of another person, he applies force intentionally to that other person, directly or indirectly;
    (b) he attempts or threatens, by an act or a gesture, to apply force to another person, if he has, or causes that other person to believe on reasonable grounds that he has, present ability to effect his purpose; or
    (c) while openly wearing or carrying a weapon or an imitation thereof, he accosts or impedes another person or begs.
    There's no subsection that says it ok as long as the target is muslim.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Nice strawman though.
    I could swear those goalposts weren't there a second ago....
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    There's no subsection that says it ok as long as the target is muslim.
    Hey look, something I never said or even implied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    No, but someone touched my clothing. Literally rape. #metoo
    I don't know if you read the article or not but he didnt "just touch her".

No doubt it will turn out to be a hoax, just like 9 out of 10 of the "attacks" in the US turn out to be hoaxes.
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

10+ Year Old Account
    I think misleading, false, structured in such a way as to evoke a response to a situation that isnt based on the facts of said situation news, is more of a problem than this one incident.
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree. To me once something gets to this level of deplorable it requires a linear response. But as said before my opinions are mine own and I do not intend to enforce them on another.

Hey look, something I never said or even implied.
    You're right, you never said nor made any implications to that effect. I apologize for implying that you did..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    No doubt it will turn out to be a hoax, just like 9 out of 10 of the "attacks" in the US turn out to be hoaxes.
    It's not, I live in the area.

Edit: given the investigation so far. With other school children

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Maybe, or maybe it was a legit attack. Won't know until the investigation concludes. Even though I find it hard to believe an 11 yr old could fake such a thing and be convincing enough to not immediately get caught. Must be a child prodigy actor...