Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So two noblewomen having a spat means that entire populations will instantly hate each other and seek each other's destruction, even after those very people saved your kids, siblings, parents, etc. from the fel. Totally makes sense!

Stop answering the OP FFS. He's an obvious troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Addicts and trecherous backstabbers have indeed very much in common among themselves

They fits the horde perfectly
    Which is funny considering, save for a few exceptions over the years, the Horde is brought together by a since of unity and brotherhood, while as the Alliance pretty much only exists "because we don't like orcs." Alliance races honestly give zero shits about each other. They're only united because they all hate the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post
    Stop answering the OP FFS. He's an obvious troll.
    Obvious my ass. What he says is true. You're trolling here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why are you basing your evidence on the real world? This isn't the real world.

I'll repeat it: There are dozens, dozens of neutral factions that stay neutral in the middle of conflicts between the Alliance and Horde, even when there are large reasons not to. Look at the Argent Dawn, which remained neutral even as the Forsaken were re-plaguing WPL right next door. No one was going to get annexed. No one was going to get attacked. They were perfectly safe as a neutral faction on the Broken Isles nearby where a conflict was going to happen.

Now they are an enemy harbor right next to that conflict.
    1, because ANY war story draws upon real-world examples.
    2, because nobody can in good conscience make enemies of the Argent Dawn after everything the scourge put them through.
    3, because the Argent Dawn is a significant military presence holding onto strategically less relevant holdings. (Especially if you consider the multiple attempts of the Alliance to broken peace with Silvermoon and the significantly reduced Horde pressence in EK after the siege of UC)
    4, because they are essentially a humanitarian organization that has an agreement with both factions.

Compare that to Suramar which is a prominent harbor wedged between the two super powers on an island rich in unique resources with a Horde controlled mountain-range in spitting distance. It's government is desperate for outside contact after the self-imposed isolation.

Instead of being angry at the Horde-favouring posters (and outright frothing Horde Fanboys, cus they do exist), go complain that the Blizzard writing staff still canonically doesn't consider the Horde evil.
    But once again, you missed the entire point of my post so this is the last time I'm going to bother.
    I cannot give you good enough reasons, because there are none, for EITHER side. The faction conflict is a pointless waste of narrative effort that hasn't made sense since WC3 and only server to further poke holes in the story as a whole and they did this to themselves.
    Maybe a Warcraft 4 can fix the story or a WoW expansion or WoW2 to finally put the entire pointless forcibly-shady-good-guy vs forcibly-shady-good-guy war to bed.
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2018-01-13 at 07:20 AM.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    night elves wear stormwind garments and have even been known to change their sleeping habits to “fit in more” with the alliance. and now their home is literally being burned down. they’ll be living in tents in stormwind for the foreseeable future

dwarves and humans are the same. unless you count beer bellies as “culture.”

gnomes are literally a satire race bro

draenei? you may have a point. but a 25k old being and his race of people that live thousands of years shouldn’t bow down to a high schooler.

pandaren haven’t been revelevant since pandaria. theyre traitors anyways.

any other questions?
    Trolls needed to drop huge part of their culture. In example cannibalism. So which faction is forcing things on races?

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    mind you this is the same with the lightforged. the horde player helped them too and now youll have lightforged dranaei attacking them. both these races should not have been added imo. just cash grabs.

it should have just been highmountain and something else (im iffy about void elves myself. should have been vrykul personally).
    The LF is not the same at all. 2 hour questline and you join forces. LF Draenei=HM Tauren. Both of pure racial reasons. You are saving Thalryssa from certain death. The Army of the Light is a noticeable force.

Why would you say that HM Tauren would make sense joining the Horde while the LF Draenei joining the Alliance is not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    The LF is not the same at all. 2 hour questline and you join forces. LF Draenei=HM Tauren. Both of pure racial reasons. You are saving Thalryssa from certain death. The Army of the Light is a noticeable force.

Why would you say that HM Tauren would make sense joining the Horde while the LF Draenei joining the Alliance is not?
    i just feel that if a horde player went to argus and did those same quests i did as alliance then they would feel pretty betrayed too. To me it should have been highmountain and some vrykul tribe.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Whether or not this is a positive remains to be seen. The horde leadership has been all over the place over the last few expacs. A little conformity might actually help.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

i just feel that if a horde player went to argus and did those same quests i did as alliance then they would feel pretty betrayed too. To me it should have been highmountain and some vrykul tribe.
    Allright, I can get the meaning, though I would say even in Highmountain you as a single individual did more for the Highmountain Tauren than the Draeneis on Argus, who has been fighting the Legion for over a thousand years. The goal both in Suramar and Argus is to take out the Legion, so I can get that, but I really do think as a player you did alot more in Suramar, practically saving Thalryssas and her Nightfallen. The Army of the Light has stood steadfast against the Legion for so long, except when we arrived and they suddenly lost their ship(lmao)

I think it is an easy way to see this: LF Draenei vs HM Tauren and Nightborne vs Void Elf. I think those put together makes sense from a reasoning point of view.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And you should go with him. Off with you.
    You'll change your mind once we reopen that alternate draenor portal and bring in the Iron Horde and make Hellscream warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    What does she say?
    Start:
    We must spread word of the Alliance's arrival. Post notice throughout the city that the reign of the Grand Magistrix will soon be ended. Inspire the Shal'dorei to resist.
    End:
    The more Shal'dorei that take up the fight, the fewer of my people will be lost in the liberation of Suramar.

What a bitch.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright, I can get the meaning, though I would say even in Highmountain you as a single individual did more for the Highmountain Tauren than the Draeneis on Argus, who has been fighting the Legion for over a thousand years. The goal both in Suramar and Argus is to take out the Legion, so I can get that, but I really do think as a player you did alot more in Suramar, practically saving Thalryssas and her Nightfallen. The Army of the Light has stood steadfast against the Legion for so long, except when we arrived and they suddenly lost their ship(lmao)

I think it is an easy way to see this: LF Draenei vs HM Tauren and Nightborne vs Void Elf. I think those put together makes sense from a reasoning point of view.
    i can agree with that. honestly i feel like blizz is reaching like crazy for a cash grab. The planet had a sword the size of another planet impaled into it. People that had been working together for years are now fighting each other again.

All I can hope is that they dont off Nzoth like some first tier boss as they did with the emerald nightmare.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    mind you this is the same with the lightforged. the horde player helped them too and now youll have lightforged dranaei attacking them. both these races should not have been added imo. just cash grabs.

it should have just been highmountain and something else (im iffy about void elves myself. should have been vrykul personally).
    I definitely agree about the Lightforged. It's just that way more development was given to Thalyssra and her cause, so that's why it feels way worse than them being given to the Alliance with another no-brain reason. Even the Void Elves, the first thing they do after being exiled is team up with their til-now enemies, since only Alleria would accept them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I definitely agree about the Lightforged. It's just that way more development was given to Thalyssra and her cause, so that's why it feels way worse than them being given to the Alliance with another no-brain reason. Even the Void Elves, the first thing they do after being exiled is team up with their til-now enemies, since only Alleria would accept them.
    yeap. I mean that void elf will literally be killing blood elves, when basically half an expansion ago, if an alliance player happened upon them it would be a wham bam thank you maam.

I as the player ended their war against the Legion, that they've been more or less at a (losing) standoff in for thousands of years, being largely unable to strike a real blow, due to how Demons respawned. I show up with my fancy weapons, and my good buddy Illidan, and in what lorewise was probably a few months destroy their leadership, and more or less unseat the Legion from power on their homeworld.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I as the player ended their war against the Legion, that they've been more or less at a (losing) standoff in for thousands of years, being largely unable to strike a real blow, due to how Demons respawned. I show up with my fancy weapons, and my good buddy Illidan, and in what lorewise was probably a few months destroy their leadership, and more or less unseat the Legion from power on their homeworld.
    And without them resisting for so long the Legion would have an even greater power to unleash on Azeroth.

They were definitely on the losing side indeed, no doubt, but so were we. You could say lorewise Illidan is the real hero, while we players are the helpers. In Suramar the player is the real hero, while the Elven forces are coming after we literally saved lots of people alone with the help of the Nightfallen resistance.

And without them resisting for so long the Legion would have an even greater power to unleash on Azeroth.

They were definitely on the losing side indeed, no doubt, but so were we. You could say lorewise Illidan is the real hero, while we players are the helpers. In Suramar the player is the real hero, while the Elven forces are coming after we literally saved lots of people alone with the help of the Nightfallen resistance.
    Illidan did nearly nothing in the Argus raid. He came in at the end to watch over Sargearas, after Eonar(who we freed), Aggramar(who we freed) ,and the rest of the Pantheon(who we freed) made him sit in his chair. KJ he did slightly more, but he kinda owed us after Gul'dan. The forces of the Army of the Light got decimated anytime they actually tried to do anything. (Gorothi Worldbreaker spawning)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    First Arcanist Thaylyssra: "I can see that the Horde has allowed you to uphold your traditions--something that is very important to us. We gain strength from our allies... but we have not lost who we are."

It makes perfect sense. In the alliance, every race is accepting, but they all have to conform to human standards. In the Horde, everyone and anyone can climb up the ranks and shine.
    Not that i want to play them, but that's a shitty reason for it. The Alliance helped just as much as the Horde in Suramar and Highmountain, for the races in those zones to just ignore that fact and pick a side rather than being neutral is stupid. They are now going to kill the people that helped them in their darkest hour because "Traditions". In what way have the alliance stifled any of their members traditions? How do they force people to conform to human standards?

For the record I also think the Lightforged and Void Elves should be Neutral too unless Blizzard could come up with a decent reason for them to not be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    Not that i want to play them, but that's a shitty reason for it. The Alliance helped just as much as the Horde in Suramar and Highmountain, for the races in those zones to just ignore that fact and pick a side rather than being neutral is stupid. They are now going to kill the people that helped them in their darkest hour because "Traditions". In what way have the alliance stifled any of their members traditions? How do they force people to conform to human standards?

For the record I also think the Lightforged and Void Elves should be Neutral too unless Blizzard could come up with a decent reason for them to not be.
    Carefully, logics don't work with Hordies, cuz "hurr-durr for teh horde"

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Illidan did nearly nothing in the Argus raid. He came in at the end to watch over Sargearas, after Eonar(who we freed), Aggramar(who we freed) ,and the rest of the Pantheon(who we freed) made him sit in his chair. KJ he did slightly more, but he kinda owed us after Gul'dan. The forces of the Army of the Light got decimated anytime they actually tried to do anything. (Gorothi Worldbreaker spawning)
    Thats the gameplay lore. Wich is why Illidan and the rest just stand there. The army are meatshields because it wouldn't make sense for them to kill for us.

The lore in Suramar is that you are a stand alone hero who help Thalryssa and the Nightfallen until the insurrection questline where Khadgar and the elves shows up.

You are literally saving Thalryssas ass.