Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I would care a little. It is rude, obnoxious, not alright, but it isn't an attack.

If watching the tide come in with a full stomach in a peaceful region is 0 and running from marauders and bombs with a missing arm is 10, this sort of thing is about 1/10 for me being disturbed.

You have sexualized this with your sentence structure and word choice, which is misleading, which is why I had a problem with the article to begin with.

I agree, it was immature and wrong of him and almost certainly motivated by bigotry. Being attacked is something different though.

Harassed.
    in Canada it is assault so attack isn't misleading at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...olice-say.html

Well here we go, the crazies are rising in Canada. There are bad people in every place. So close to where I live, never thought this would happen here.

P.s: Please dont make this thread a flame fest on each other. Just because one guy did this doesnt mean everyone like him or from this place is bad. It is important to educate ourselves so idiots like this guy can be easily tracked and put away.
    Why the fuck would you attack a little kid for HER being FORCED to wear something? It makes zero fucking sense to me. Shouldn't you be attacking their fathers instead, who'll force all kinds of shit on them? Fucking cowardly pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It isn't your job to tell someone how to dress their child, much less enforce it. And trying to skew the conversation to such a topic really reeks of you condoning assaulting children with scissors because you don't agree with the headgear trappings of their culture.
    Really? Me pointing out what the hijab symbolises and the hypocrisy of the left defending those who impose the symbol onto children is somehow me condoning attacking children with scissors? There is no moral high ground here. Hijabs are evil and attacking children is evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Really? Me pointing out what the hijab symbolises and the hypocrisy of the left defending those who impose the symbol onto children is somehow me condoning attacking children with scissors? There is no moral high ground here. Hijabs are evil and attacking children is evil.
    So are Americans supporting Christianity as they have done evils in the past to Children as well as females.

And you dare call people supporting Moderate middle eastern Ideological Faiths hypocrites? LOL don't make me laugh.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Was there any bodily harm in any way, did he try to harm her bodily in any way?

No? Not attacked.
    "265 (1) A person commits an assault when

(a) without the consent of another person, he applies force intentionally to that other person, directly or indirectly;

(b) he attempts or threatens, by an act or a gesture, to apply force to another person, if he has, or causes that other person to believe on reasonable grounds that he has, present ability to effect his purpose; or

(c) while openly wearing or carrying a weapon or an imitation thereof, he accosts or impedes another person or begs."

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...ction-265.html

applying force is assault assaulting some one is an attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    A head scarf is a head scarf. I don't consider it particularly important to play fashion police based on perceived cultural implications.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I disagree with the misogynistic overtones of a nun's habit but I wouldn't tear it off of one. Or pass laws telling them what they can and can't wear.
    So you would be happy for parents to dress their 11 year old daughter in black studded BDSM gear with accessories? You progressives can't have it both ways, you can't cry for feminism and equality whilst supporting symbols of female oppression. Also, go wear a Nun's habit in Tehran or Afghanistan and see how long it takes before someone tears it off (if you aren't stoned to death first.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    So are Americans supporting Christianity as they have done evils in the past to Children as well as females.

And you dare call people supporting Moderate middle eastern Ideological Faiths hypocrites? LOL don't make me laugh.
    Oh this will be good, please explain to us how the hijab is a symbol of female liberation and equality. Peel back the bullshit about moderate and religious freedoms and explain the purpose of the hijab.

So you would be happy for parents to dress their 11 year old daughter in black studded BDSM gear with accessories? You progressives can't have it both ways, you can't cry for feminism and equality whilst supporting symbols of female oppression. Also, go wear a Nun's habit in Tehran or Afghanistan and see how long it takes before someone tears it off (if you aren't stoned to death first.)
    Both ways? Sorry, but did you do drugs today?

You're Seriously equivocating a Hijab to BDSM clothes?
    BDSM is not female oppression nor is it considered one.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh this will be good, please explain to us how the hijab is a symbol of female liberation and equality. Peel back the bullshit about moderate and religious freedoms and explain the purpose of the hijab.
    Where in the world did you get that from all the Context gathered from what I said is that the Hijab is a symbol of Female Liberation and Equality?

Purpose of a Hijab? Not being a Symbol of female liberation and equality.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-01-13 at 07:04 AM.

This is why as a Canadian I fully support closing the US/Canadian Boarder from Americans.

The American people are going through great change. The result is unknown. But we cannot have their volatile war entering our country and affecting the minds of our weak, our children and our easily swayed. It has already started. The internet is already damaging the brains of or youth.

It's already begun. We need to contain this fucking plague NOW. Close the boarders!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Really teaching those savage Islamist's a lesson by picking on little girls...

Nothing says "you have a violent religion that needs to change!!!" like attacking children who happen to share said faith. I remember when I wanted my neighbors to stop being loud so I set their cat on fire.

A head scarf is a head scarf. I don't consider it particularly important to play fashion police based on perceived cultural implications.
    Perceived? Are you saying there is ambiguity about what the hijab symbolises? Women around the world are being brutalised for not wearing the appropriate cultural fashion yet all the left wants to focus on is some deranged wanker attacking a girl's garb with scissors.

Perceived? Are you saying there is ambiguity about what the hijab symbolises? Women around the world are being brutalised for not wearing the appropriate cultural fashion yet all the left wants to focus on is some deranged wanker attacking a girl's garb with scissors.
    So from Hypocrisy *cough christianity*, to Anti Feminism(out of topic), to Lesser Evils. Because YOU KNOW THE PERSON USING A SCISSOR WAS ACTUALLY A HERO WHO LIBERATED THE CHILD FROM MUSLIM EXTREMISTS.

because you know, no such thing as Muslim Moderates.

But in reality what you mean is who cares about your own children facing abuse, Pay Attention to Extremist Muslims in the Middle East is essentially what you're saying. Who Cares about Children if you want to simplify your argument.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-01-13 at 07:12 AM.

Well now that's a more interesting issue, what you're getting at there is the extent to which the government can intervene in the way parents treat their children. Most people would probably agree that the government can step in in case of say, physical or sexual abuse. But what about how they make their children dress?

And it's also touching on the government's right to enforce a dress code at all, because what if the 11 year old WANTS to wear "BDSM gear"? Maybe she got the wrong idea about pony play kek.

I generally lean towards the argument that the government shouldn't have the power to interfere in people's personal lives. There's a grey area when it comes to children, because they are in the thrall of their parents and there's a question of how far that parental authority can reasonably extend. Leaving that aside, I'm not entirely convinced the government should have any power over how its citizens dress.

P.S. "Progressives like me" ha. THERE ARE NO MEN LIKE ME!

- - - Updated - - -

Women around the world are being brutalised for not wearing the appropriate cultural fashion
    So the solution is to brutalise them for wearing what YOU think is the appropriate cultural fashion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The focus on this guy is because the "western world" purports to be on the moral high ground on this subject where people aren't attacked for wearing something.

As for "implications," who in the hell are you to assume why people wear or don't wear something? Some people wear things because it reflects their culture. If people are being forced by their families to wear something in a place like Canada or the United States there are various laws that can act in their favor based on the degree to which they're being forced. But it's not your place to instate arbitrary restrictions on what certain people can and can't wear based on what you assume their situation is and whether or not you dislike their chosen religion. You don't know. So come off it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2018-01-13 at 07:15 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The focus on this guy is because the "western world" purports to be on the moral high ground on this subject where people aren't attacked for wearing something.

As for "implications," who in the hell are you to assume why people wear or don't wear something? Some people wear things because it reflects their culture. If people are being forced by their families to wear something in a place like Canada or the United States there are various laws that can act in their favor based on the degree to which they're being forced. But it's not your place to instate arbitrary restrictions on what certain people can and can't wear based on what you assume their situation is and whether or not you dislike their chosen religion. You don't know. So come off it.
    I doubt he cares, he just cares about Muslim Extremists. Who cares about American Children right now? Muslim Extremists are worse! which is horrible logic to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    It isn't a left code word, the British use it because they think every non white on the Asian continent is Asian.
    Everyone from Asia is technically Asian.

And in Britain we typically use Asian to describe people from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, but I think Canada uses it in the US way, i.e. to describe East Asians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverb256 View Post
    Is the hijab from Islam, or is it a 'cultural' (based on country, not religious) thing? Why are people saying it's something different depending on the situation?
    There are people saying that it has nothing to do with Islam, there are people claiming that Islam makes it mandatory, and there are people who claim that it's optional in Islam. What does Sharia Law say about it? Can someone here give me an answer once and for all (so I can know the truth and call the ones who are LYING out)?
    I am muslim myself. There are difference of opinions on it but the going narrative is that it is not optional with one MASSIVE asterisk. You do not impose it. For example. My wife wears it sometimes and doesnt wear it other times. I never asked why nor do I plan to ever. If I had to provide a conclusive statistic. She wears it when she goes to the mosque always, wears it to work or going outside sometimes, almost never in the house or going to the mall or someone elses house. My mother and father have a similar relationship, she wears it less than my wife, ive never seen my dad ask why or told her to do it. My sister used to do it then stopped, I never asked why she started why she stopped parents didnt either.

Point is. Religion has laws. The law is you wear it. BUT. you also do not enforce it or impose it. Which is why terrorists, or people condeming others, or judging others, or attacking others for their beliefs are not doing it right. It is none of their business it is an intimate choice. Of course certain things are more black and white. Like if someone says, hey I am going to add one more chapter to the Quran making it 31 chapters (there are only 30) then they arent following islam. But Hijab, Burqa or Abaya are not so clear cut as that.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    So from Hypocrisy *cough christianity*, to Anti Feminism(out of topic), to Lesser Evils. Because YOU KNOW THE PERSON USING A SCISSOR WAS ACTUALLY A HERO WHO LIBERATED THE CHILD FROM MUSLIM EXTREMISTS.

because you know, no such thing as Muslim Moderates.

But in reality what you're Actually saying is "you know what You're right who cares about your own children facing abuse, Pay Attention to Muslims is essentially what you're saying."
    Okay you seem to be getting a little excited.

Firstly, I'm not defending the history of Christianity. But in the modern western world, Christians don't force their females to hide their hair or cover their skin. Except maybe the Amish, not too sure.

Secondly, yes the Left are hypocrites. And if Muslims were truly moderate they would let their women wear whatever the fuck they want.

Thirdly, the guy with the scissors needs to be arrested for assault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...olice-say.html

Well here we go, the crazies are rising in Canada. There are bad people in every place. So close to where I live, never thought this would happen here.

P.s: Please dont make this thread a flame fest on each other. Just because one guy did this doesnt mean everyone like him or from this place is bad. It is important to educate ourselves so idiots like this guy can be easily tracked and put away.
    Obviously stupid to attack a Child, for whatever reason.

It pales in comparison to religions indoctrinating children however. So you’re right, razies are everywhere. Somehow it’s kay because they grouped up while doing funny dances(praying,kneeling or whatever stupidity) and wearing funny clothes for the invisible man in the sky.

And no, there never was an 11 year old that freely chose for any part in any religion puppetshow.

Okay you seem to be getting a little excited
    LOL

Firstly, I'm not defending the history of Christianity. But in the modern western world, Christians don't force their females to hide their hair or cover their skin. Except maybe the Amish, not too sure.
    Modern or not Christians had a History of doing horrible things to females.

Secondly, yes the Left are hypocrites.
    So are the Right.

And if Muslims were truly moderate they would let their women wear whatever the fuck they want.
    Many Muslim females in the western world Already do. They aren't forced to do so.