Thread: Shadow form

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Angry Shadow form

Just came back since the start of ToS... am I seriously stuck using this ridiculous purple excuse of a "shadow" form? Literally unplayable now.

Yeah, I don't really like the new coloring either, but the play style is so fun that I forget about it. In a raid you don't see your character that much anyways.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn’t there a glyph that lessens shadowform still?

It only removes the wispy smoke around you now, and makes your Voidform look like the old one. It doesn't actually change the glow itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should make a glyph for the old shadow form. I don't know why they're so stubborn to not to.
    im cool pls respodn

I like the new shadow form.

It also seems to go well with more things, and I like the synergy of purple glows plus the new shadowform.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new one, but they should offer a glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shut up, they made it better. Nostalgic clown.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal Lolo View Post
    Is it impossible to believe that people actually preferred the looks of the old shadow form to the new shadow form without having it be solely due to nostalgia?
    Just look at the upcoming changes to the race portraits, do you think that everybody who prefers the old one are all nostalgic, too?

Heck, I didn't even play a priest before the Shadowform change. I rerolled to Holy Priest in Argus and wanted to try out Shadow when I noticed how ridiculous it looked I went to some forums to see if they were going to implement a glyph that allows people who prefer the old one to get it
    im cool pls respodn

The only ridiculous part is saying that it's literally unplayable. Hell you don't even stay in shadowform for more than 10-15% of a boss fight

I agree there should be a glyph to get the old shadowform back though, I personally prefer it as well.

Dont like it either.

15+ Year Old Account
    No need to be rude, people are allowed to dislike aesthetic changes.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I don't like the new shadowform, and don't want any form at all, only the tentacles which come out during void form.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the new "shadowform" to, personally I call it shadeform being how weak it looks compared to what it was. Would really love some option to give us old form back.
    Pokemon Shield
    FC: SW-6999-1982-1088
    Name: Awesome
    Always ready to battle!

I'm ok with how the new Shadowform looks at full Insanity, I also enjoy Voidform. I would prefer if there was a glyph to give us the old transparent Shadowform.

I wish for a glyph as well!

No idea why they would change the look of such an iconic ability. They could have done a conservative update to the quality of the appearance while retaining the “slow burn” rising mist effect and the transparency of the model effect while adding some kind of subtle accenting of armor to make it more visible. The thing that really tells me that they fumbled this is that the central smokey “burst” effect does not scale up with model size. You can’t even see it on a male Tauren, for the most part. It actually looks decent on small models, like humans.

It’s just weird to me that they would exercise so much caution with race model updates, not wanting to fundamentally change the basic appearance, and then drastically alter a single ability that defines a spec unlike probably any other spec in the game. And then no glyph, the best vehicle they have to give players options in this kind of situation.

Sorry, but that’s just kind of sloppy.

Nope, the old one looks far superior.
    <inactive>

I hate it too. Whether you love it or hate it, there should always be options for players who prefer the way old shadowform looked up until Legion. :/ It's a huge change.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Nope, the old one looks far superior.
    Take another look without your rose tinted goggles son.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”