Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilrien View Post
    Leveling was hard enough for me as a holy priest when WoW first came out; I dread going back to that. That sucked. I agree, however, that leveling in different areas would be better and may help alleviate the boredom a bit.
    What, after the first time around after being MIA for 5 years? You know the second time you do it will nothing short of hell. It sucks now, and it takes 2 days tops.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    5-10% increased time to level to max isn't that big of a deal. Relax people.
    Yes it is. The amount of time is also increasing far more than that. We're also getting 10 more levels soon on top of that.

I don't ask for hard leveling or long. Can we have instant max level for free?

Deleted
    Long = hard if you believe some people... mostly classic/TBC players :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats so different between leveling and max level gameplay? You gear up you increase your power you do quest, do instances. I don't get why people hate leveling its like hating the whole game. The only thing you can't do is raiding , but if leveling content would not be trivialized you would not feel that horrible itching for some challenge. Thing is if the whole leveling is overnerfed like sht and you succeed with hammering your head into the keyboard , then ofc you are bored with it. We need strong mobs, harder leveling instances , group quests with the possibility of failure , and then it can be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Bythelight View Post
    I've played Vanilla and I've been 11/11 on HC since the very first week of Antorus

Sorry to burst your bubble but Vanilla leveling was hardly Dark Souls, it was a grindfest nothing else, leveling is fine as it is on retailt now pre 7.5, leveling is not amusing to anyone who isn't discovering the game anyway, people who feel bothered by easily killing mobs at low level are just immensely delusional about how mmorpgs have evolved.
    11/11HC since first week? It's been puggable since first week, is this supposed to impress?

Just cause the experience needed is a bit more doesn’t mean it will take longer, stuff could just give more experience to make up the difference, or has this all been set in stone already? Also this expansion I got a character max just sending follower out on the class hall threw the app, so like a few set up quest then app lol, now doing it that way is long :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Long = hard if you believe some people... mostly classic/TBC players :3
    Well technicaly you still died a lot more back then, I remember being quite cautious whenever I was pulling more than 2 or 3 mobs. So yeah all in all it was longer due to the xp scaling, but you felt rewarded for the grind each time you "dinged".
    Compare this to the tedious "oneshot every single mob from the very start" we have now and it becomes the most boring game after 10 mins of gameplay.

Anyway, I don't think the changes they made will make it more difficult or longer, it's just more linear in the sense that now you can actually complete a whole zone, and get a bit more immersion which isn't a bad thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bythelight View Post
    I've played Vanilla and I've been 11/11 on HC since the very first week of Antorus
    Oh god, my sides.

Deleted
    Why can't leveling be both hard and take long? All players are not obsessed with "max level end game". I do raid in WoW, but in any other MMO my aim is just to experience the journey and stories as I level up. At max I just finish quests and once it's about gear and raids I quit or level an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I didn't even want it to be harder to be fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Why would any one in their right mind spend so much time leveling for the billionth time? We wanted leveling to be HARDER, not longer! This would allow people to level multiple toons in different regions so that it doesn't bore us to death and make people quit. Remember, what made it worth while in Vanilla was that Vanilla was the end game, we weren't thinking of the many more expansions to come...How many more levels do we need? why not stop at 120 and introduce other kinds of leveling?? This is just stupid.
    Introduce other kinds of leveling is still leveling, even if you're stopped at 120. In classic, leveling was considered harder due to the gearing and the time. Now, we're going to experience it again, which is a change for the better for me.

Harder leveling is difficulty + Time.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

that's what she said
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

You have to realise for it to be "hard" mobs have to stop dying in 1-2 hits, that means they have to have more HP and make it take longer. I imagine the XP change is because we'll actually be able to finish zones, which means we'll have access to a lot more viable quests and spend LESS time travelling between zones and more time actually levelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    leveling was never hard
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

If you're brand new to the game leveling will actually be an activity as opposed to a joke of a chore. Personally I'll looking forward to leveling again and seeing the stories I missed in Cata bedside I already had max level characters. Now I can do it without staying in a zone where I 1 shot everything to finish the storyline.

Remember, the people who are active on fan forums are only a small percentage of wow players.

I've lost count of the times I've gone through the leveling areas since I started playing over 10 years ago. At this point I really don't appreciate the leveling time being drawn out any further.

Imo what they should've done for BFA is a player level shrink.
    Vanilla 1-30,
    BC 30-35,
    WOTLK 35-40,
    Cata 40-45,
    MoP 45-50,
    WoD 50-55,
    Legion 55-60,
    BFA 60-65.

That way, leveling becomes way better since it's faster and also make the zones scale in lvl like it's gonna be in 7.3.5 for huge QOL.
    IMO after MoP they should've continued with the +5 lvls every xpac instead of +10. While it took roughly the same time to level up, when new expansions come out and they readjust the leveling curve, the 5 lvl xpacs are much faster.

I asked for it to be long. So your whole point is moot.

I've done some testing, if anything I levelled faster. There's a much more natural curve now, you just plod on through the quests. you never have to run across 1/2 a zone to get to the next one because it's not worth doing the quests anymore, you can just do everything and follow the intended questing path, which is insanely efficient. at the absolute max you are running for 1 minute to the next hub, instead of 15+ in most cases.

The fastest way to level 1-60 right now is to quest and do specific dungeons (only once for the quests). Each time you come out of a dungeon you are pretty much guaranteed a zone swap, you are chasing zones while queued because you outlevel zones before even reaching them this way sometimes. With the changes? You'd be able to queue up for dungeons while questing westfall. Come out after doing DM and RFC at easily level 17/18+, and still do wesfall instead of having to run to redridge. in the time it would take you to run to redridge, you'd be able to run BFD and hand in the first bunch of quests from westfall, that would put you around 20, and wait... Your still in wesfall. you finish westfall, go straight to duskwood probably around level 25 now, skipping redridge completely, and avoiding that 20 minute run. you've generated XP in the 20 minutes you saved, avoided a long and boring run. Finish off duskwood and do the other available dungeons, the scarlet monastery ones. Bam, your level 30+
    after duskwood, because the questing path brings you close to redridge, you can go there, even though its a 15-20 zone, because scaling! This is where I stopped, because I was convinced without a shadow of a doubt that this was infinitely faster.

I got from 1-26 faster as a human on the PTR than I can on live, and it's all because of the scaling and the reduced running times. I've yet to test the difference with heirlooms / the chauffeur. I suspect it would actually make the difference slightly bigger tbh, after discovering the massive difference not running to redridge from wesfall makes. Heirlooms will likely make you leave RFC / DM at 20+ as it does on live. I intend to test this, but I think it may be possible to continue straight onto burning steppes after redridge on the route I did. Searing gorge afterwards.

A thing I keep seeing people miss aswell, although XP requirements are going up, XP gained is going up, possibly more. Imagine you are in westfall, which is a 10-15 zone. At level 10, the quests give you 100% XP, but at 11, they give you 95% (Comparatively - XP requirement goes up, reward stays the same) with the scaling, every quest you ever do is 100% XP, it's as if you are the minimum level for the zone, even if you are 30 levels beyond that. If you have 3 quests to turn in, and the first levels you up, the tooltip on the other 2 bumps up the XP reward, to the point where it fills almost the exact same % of a level.

Needs confirmation but Elwynn -> Westfall -> Duskwood -> Redridge -> Burning Steppes -> Searing gorge. With each dungeon done once available - may be possible. That would line you up to continue straight onto Outland / Northrend, and take maybe 4 hours? 5? With the scaling Dragonblight is just going to be an XP orgy, Sholazar too. both zones are extremely good for XP, which is why you only do 1/4 of them before leaving on live. You can do both to 100% which would easily be 10 or more levels. I'm happy to assume 60-80 would be faster due to those 2 zones alone. Then the glorious Jade forest time, the difference is, now you can fly there at 80. and the XP would potentially be even better than it is on live, because the "always 100% XP" thing I mentioned. You'd possibly get more than the standard of live, which is 85-90 (the entire MoP levelling from the first zone). it's safe to assume you can get 80-85 as a minimum. I'd bet you can hit 86 or 87 though. You can now go and do any pandaria or Cata zone until 90, at which you can go to Draenor. Assuming the good old Gorgrond XP orgy is still a thing, your gonna be level 100 30 minutes after you land in your garrison at level 90. From here, it's the same as it is today in the Broken Isles.

I don't know how long 1-110 is going to take, as I've not done it, but I'm gonna guesstimate it to be considerably less than it is now.

The beauty of this is, that although I found levelling itself to be faster, combat time is maybe, 3 or 4 times longer. You can do a full rotation at level 20, which is really nice, since you one hit everything upto level 100 with heirlooms normally.

This has my seal of approval, and I'm looking forward to the allied race's. Levelling is so nice now, I'm almost disappointed they start at 20 instead of 1.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2018-01-13 at 01:02 PM.

Just like LFR killed the raid "satisfaction", $60 instant level killed leveling.

There is no "satisfaction" if you can pay real money instead.