Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Don't ask for balancing classes. Ask for the Burning Crusade.

It seems like a lot of people want Blizzard to "re-balance" some classes/specs (people that, in my opinion, just don't really want Classic) in the likeness of TBC. And by "re-balancing" they simply mean buffing their dps in raids (which combined with the fact that hybrids were already good in PVP, will ruin PVP).
    Now, how they made classes in the Burning Crusade "balanced":
    - by adding new talents and abilities like, for example, Vampiric Touch for priest which increased dps and solved mana issues;
    - by giving to pure dps classes new PVP abilities to compensate for the increased dps of hybrids;
    - they added a ton of class/spec specific gear so hybrids were on the same gear level as others;
    - number of debuff slots was increased from 16 to 40, so raid leaders could invite more than 1 sp/boomy/or whatever.

Implementing all these changes in Classic would require a complete redesigning/retuning of all dungeons and raids. And, as a result, we would get a completely different game.

So, if you want classes to be "balanced" like in the Burning Crusade, just ask for the Burning Crusade servers. Leave Classic alone.
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2018-01-13 at 04:33 PM.

Explain to me the fun in inventory management regarding mount + pet slots instead of having a proper UI that stores them in there.

Sounds to me like lack of technology back in the day rather than purposefully making inventory management obnoxious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Explain to me the fun in inventory management regarding mount + pet slots instead of having a proper UI that stores them in there.

Sounds to me like lack of technology back in the day rather than purposefully making inventory management obnoxious.
    It ain't fun. But it is vanilla so deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    I won't, but sadly those exact small gripes are why vanilla will be hugely populated around the first few days/weeks/months.
    Then people will get tired of all the small problems here and there that really make no sense and drop it = wasted potential.

It does seem most are falling in line with the “you think you do but don’t” saying. You wanted them to make classic servers but now that you see what was really there you feel the need to “improve” what was wrong, be it transmogrifing, pet and mount tabs or others. You can’t take it as it was and be happy with it then don’t play cause when you change it you will not be getting the classic experience, just some knock off.

I won't, but sadly those exact small gripes are why vanilla will be hugely populated around the first few days/weeks/months.
    Then people will get tired of all the small problems here and there that really make no sense and drop it = wasted potential.
    Shut up... You know as much as everyone else does (=nothing) as how Classic will turn out in terms of success and playtime.

Either way, Blizzard won't be doing that. Don't like it? That's fine. But the point of Classic is to "simulate" Vanilla as close as it was, incl. all the inconvenient stuff. So deal with it or don't bother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    It does seem most are falling in line with the “you think you do but don’t” saying. You wanted them to make classic servers but now that you see what was really there you feel the need to “improve” what was wrong, be it transmogrifing, pet and mount tabs or others. You can’t take it as it was and be happy with it then don’t play cause when you change it you will not be getting the classic experience, just some knock off.
    I second that

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Shut up... You know as much as everyone else does (=nothing) as how Classic will turn out in terms of success and playtime.

Either way, Blizzard won't be doing that. Don't like it? That's fine. But the point of Classic is to "simulate" Vanilla as close as it was, incl. all the inconvenient stuff. So deal with it or don't bother.
    You shut up buddy. You have also no idea what blizzard will change and what they wont. However Kazlofski has a point. As much as we would love to believe, that Blizzard is releasing Classic servers as some service to players, it is always all about money. If Classic server will be success, we may see Classic server support for very long time, maybe even another servers for TBC, WotLK etc. But if it will fail, Classic servers will be just memory of lost potential with few players still playing it and we may forget about support of any other Legacy expansions or some development for Classic servers.

Vanilla had many issues because tech was missing, not because it was design choice, it would be shame, if many people would be turned off by some small annoyances here and there, which fixes wouldn't even touch the "Vanilla feel" in any way.

I am not sure what to fix but I believe this "religious" view that everything in Classic has to be as it was in Vanilla may, in the end, kill whole "classic project".

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    You shut up buddy. You have also no idea what blizzard will change and what they wont. However Kazlofski has a point. As much as we would love to believe, that Blizzard is releasing Classic servers as some service to players, it is always all about money. If Classic server will be success, we may see Classic server support for very long time, maybe even another servers for TBC, WotLK etc. But if it will fail, Classic servers will be just memory of lost potential with few players still playing it and we may forget about support of any other Legacy expansions or some development for Classic servers.

Vanilla had many issues because tech was missing, not because it was design choice, it would be shame, if many people would be turned off by some small annoyances here and there, which fixes wouldn't even touch the "Vanilla feel" in any way.

I am not sure what to fix but I believe this "religious" view that everything in Classic has to be as it was in Vanilla may, in the end, kill whole "classic project".
    Wait a second here. I thought the argument for Bliz to release vanilla servers is that it will be successful and therefore profitable. Are you saying that it won't be successful without many changes? Sure sounds like ''You think you do but you don't'' to me.

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    Wait a second here. I thought the argument for Bliz to release vanilla servers is that it will be successful and therefore profitable. Are you saying that it won't be successful without many changes? Sure sounds like ''You think you do but you don't'' to me.
    THIS.
    Couldn't have worded it better myself.

Managing inventory in Classic was and were never an issue. If there's an issue, the issue is you.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    THIS.
    Couldn't have worded it better myself.
    Are you both stupid? Never said that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I’m sure that’s exactly what blizz has planned. Go complete vanilla until the novelty wears off then make proper server adjustments to bring people back and increase the long term playability of the server. People will realize that some aspects just aren’t acceptable once they’ve experienced them again.

But don’t think they should have many if any changes off the start.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

I made an entire video on why tuning classic makes perfect sense. Seems like op doesn't understand the difference between tuning and design either so might be best you give it a watch.
    Understand that tbc was more balanced because classes were redesigned not just tuned better.
    In classic we should demand better tuning but demand no redesign. There is no reason, when classes use primarily one to three spells in their rotation that they should be dozens of percent different in throughout. That right there is the easiest way to make classic more competitive without actually changing it.
    And as was evident yesterday, blizzard clearly understand competition in wow and it's lasting benefits.
    I'd say expect it, otherwise the product will never last years.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I wholeheartedly agree with is that the class design philosophy in BC was better. Nowadays they try and make each class balanced in relation to every other class. Back then it felt much more like individual balance wasn't as important because of all the cross-class dependencies and mechanics.

Sure, Enhancement Shamans or Shadow Priests weren't pulling insane numbers on their own, but they were still brought because of how much better the rest of the raid would perform with them present.

The ''You think you do but you don't'' statement always seemed true for many individuals as far as I'm concerned. In other words, I personally don't believe it will be successful in the long run.

I hope I'm wrong though. Not like I wish to see it fail or anything.

that has nothing to do with class balance does it?

one's a gameplay change and one's an UI change.

UI changes are totally fine imho(the organize bag button, better raidframes, even questhelper are fine since they'll be done with addons anyway)

gameplay changes are not.

Boy this thread sure is productive.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Boy this thread sure is productive.
    And you found the way, how to make it worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Honestly this is so stupid.

"Lets ask for worse because thats how it used to be."

The game can literally be upgraded to play better. Not talking about EASIER - just better. And people will still spout shit like that

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    And you found the way, how to make it worse.
    My comment is but a speck. It changes nothing.