Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Is this your first day on the Internet or something?
    you win lolol. This is all that needs to be asked
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    See this is how I tend to react. I never really complain either, it also comes to knowing what a troll post is to whats an actual constructive thread is. The title of a thread alone makes me think "Is this thread worth delving into" :P

At the end of the day ask yourself "Are you enjoying the game?" if you are then why would you care what others think.

Your own enjoyment > Everyone else'
    Exactly.
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think, in part, there's a tendency for people to react to dissenting opinions as if they were insults - the notion that someone disliking something you like is tantamount to an insult. It cuts both ways, as well; people liking something you dislike makes you question the reasons as to why you dislike, or seek to reaffirm those reasons as if they're being attacked.

It fine to like or dislike something and have others see it differently - it doesn't change or lessen your own reasoning or rationale for your position. Tastes vary, after all, and people have different reasons for liking or disliking things.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iQ Superi0r View Post
    It looks to me that you made a thread in which most people disagreed with and now you open a new one to complain about it...
    This.

OP: For the same reason people feel the need to make complaint threads about the posts of other people. Because they can.
    Speciation Is Gradual

7+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes like to think that people on the internet disagree just for the sake of disagreeing.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    I sometimes like to think that people on the internet disagree just for the sake of disagreeing.
    I disagree.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because some people are weird? Discussion is bound to happen, but irrational ones will happen to if weird people is involved. The worst part is when some of the weird ones make an entire thread just to respond to a specific argumentation they didn't like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I disagree.
    I disagree with you disagreeing.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    It's a discussion forum, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you need to react like it's some sort of grave insult...
    I vote that it depends on the actual criticism and how it was conveyed\written. And it also depends on whether it's already a hot topic. Almost anything written about Flying-No flying will turn into a 50+ page rant fest because we're all pretty established in our strong beliefs on the subject. If it's a critique of something more abstract like the speed of fishing cast, you'll probably not get such fiery response, until the conversation derails into name calling

The only way to get the conversation to be more civil would mean harder moderation and I'm sure no one really wants that, especially the mods.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "People don't like me in my #1 thread, so I'll make #2 thread". Never seen that before.

People (yes, including me) react negatively to constant whining. It has nothing to do with constructive critic. More, whining even harm it - after seeing ton of stupid shit people will react that way even if OP have some valid point.

Probably the most useless thread on MMO-C, as everybody here mainly whines about WoW in some capacity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seriously...the way some people react on here whenever someone criticizes WoW in any way or says something they disagree with is so over the top. You'd think you'd just punched their newborn child in the face.

It's a discussion forum, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you need to react like it's some sort of grave insult...
    Okey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I think it's gonna be great and am hyped about it. We got gamescom and blizzcon talking about legion so obviously we knew more about it.
    I think blizzard don't want to make more promises they can't keep or show any more content that they'll cut anyway.
    About class design : we're not getting any new spells so i don't know what they would talk about.

They announced a TON of new things: allied races, island thing, warfronts , etc etc.
    The new zones look amazing, the allied races adds a whole new train of thought like what could be next?
    The zandalari troll druids get DINOSAUR FORMS MAN

You're being a negative nancy in my opinion
    You're being a mindless blizzdrone fanboy in my opinion.
    Hypocrite much?

You made a thread proclaiming that the next expansion will fail/be WOD 2.0 because you played a small, unfinished portion at Blizzcon. Firstly, do you think it's fair to judge Battle for Azeroth based on a demo? Could this be an over-the-top reaction from you? Take your time thinking about this.

Second, what appeals to others might not appeal to you. Why resort to a derogatory comment just to empower your own subjective view? Instead you could have made points of what you liked, disliked and what your hopes are for the new expansion. That would have been more constructive than antagonizing people. You also received an infraction for minor flaming for that exact post. I might be wrong, but it looked like you made that thread to bait people in order for them to get triggered with the added bonus of reading comments that agree with you to make you feel better?

You made this post because you were being very negative (irrationally so) about aspects of the game in another thread, and got triggered by other posters being positive about those same aspects. You then started behaving like a proper baby over it to boot.

Pot, meet kettle.

People are negative towards aspects of this game and others on a daily basis, in constructive fashion. I think the trolls whom relish in negativity through hyperbolical statements draw their own fire because that's what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    Okey.

Hypocrite much?

You made a thread proclaiming that the next expansion will fail/be WOD 2.0 because you played a small, unfinished portion at Blizzcon. Firstly, do you think it's fair to judge Battle for Azeroth based on a demo? Could this be an over-the-top reaction from you? Take your time thinking about this.

Second, what appeals to others might not appeal to you. Why resort to a derogatory comment just to empower your own subjective view? Instead you could have made points of what you liked, disliked and what your hopes are for the new expansion. That would have been more constructive than antagonizing people. You also received an infraction for minor flaming for that exact post. I might be wrong, but it looked like you made that thread to bait people in order for them to get triggered with the added bonus of reading comments that agree with you to make you feel better?
    Quoted for truth.

Was about to quote that same exchange between him and the other poster.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-13 at 03:54 PM.

Deleted
    I dont like whiners. I never whine - if the game has enough bad elements for me, I just leave. Listening to whiners over same stuff like lfr, catchup, exclusivity trggers me off. Esp. “Remove this from game, so I have fun. I dont care about others.”

Mostly because these people have invested a lot of time into the game and rather not want to see any criticism to the thing they love. It works the same with a lot of things, for example I see a lot of people get defensive with the latest Walking Dead seasons on their Facebook or other media platform where they simply dismiss the ''haters'' by not watching the show and that the show is as good as ever, or even better. These same people have most likely been watching for a long time aswell, or are in love with some of the shows characters. So for them its harder to take criticism even if its well constructed and justified criticism. Same thing could work for religion and politics aswell, where some politician can do no wrong despite making mistakes repeatedly.

Its so easy to invest a lot of time in WoW. Some people started playing in vanilla and still play today, making WoW a rather huge part of their life. Its very hard for these people to take criticism because they might feel that you also insult them personally. They can also get rather offensive towards possible competitions like new MMORPG's and even vanilla WoW, because they might be afraid that it actually hurts their game. Should WoW ever end then its like starting a new aprt of your life somewhere else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's a flawed association where the person confuses criticism with something they like with criticism of themselves and their decisions. There's a technical/medical term for it, but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head.

There's also a HEAVY dose of tribalism involved as well. E.G.: If you don't like the same things I like, you are the enemy.

Throw all of that on top of a basic inability to think critically or objectively, and mix it with a 99.9999% level of anonymity that being on the internet provides....well...there you have it.
    Basically the truth.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because 90percent of what is said is just a lie or something coming from ignorance. Keep those things to yourself. Wow is a community based game and when that community is so confused it makes the game worse. Luckily in legion they stopped listening to the casuals and did what was needed for the game but the reason I get defensive is because o have seen this baseless complaining essentially ruin the game and i would very much like to continue playing it for another 13 years.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Seriously...the way some people react on here whenever someone criticizes WoW in any way or says something they disagree with is so over the top. You'd think you'd just punched their newborn child in the face.

This is true, but that's possibly also because it's an automated/hair-trigger "defense system" to the fact that there are lots of people that are downright unreasonable with their complaints and rants.

People that just hate WoW and will say anything, regardless of whether it makes sense or is accurate. Essentially irrational anti-WoW posters. That creates sort of a mirror image effect.

Who are you referring to? Keep in mind this is a forum. Doesn't take much effort to "respond" someone (I'm doing this while flying in WoW right now xD).

WHEN PEOPLE TALK LIKE THIS, it hardly means anything in terms of whether they are insulted or not from my experience. I'd have a hard time believing anyone takes anything "personal" to the point of being insulted through a discussion about WoW. Frustrated? Perhaps. Insulted? No.

For me personal, I like arguing with people. I enjoy it whether on the internet or in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    welcome to the internet where when youre not with someone then you are literally hitler
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..