Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    For those who have Lunar Inspiration beating Blood Scent, how does Lady and the Child look for aoe compared to bracers?
    Ran a bunch of sims. With my current high haste/crit setup, on 4-5 high hp, long living targets (high M+ keys) LatC barely beats out bracers...but actually the helmet + SotA beats both. I was a little surprised by that. I think it's because of the high TF uptime you can get with the helm and multiple rips proccing T21 4pc. On consistent aoe with low hp targets that die quickly (high command, portal keeper to a degree) LI gets destroyed by predator and thus bracers/SotA wins by default.

ok. ty for satisfying my curiosity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quick question: Should I be chasing T21 as Feral?
    Only running up to heroic and regularly simming myself. Would I be better off shooting for ilvl instead of throwing together set pieces?
    Or maybe just collect heroic pieces until AMR lets me know that they're good enough to switch?

Mainly just run the TF head and SotA with Inc, BS and MoC.
    Logs if anyone would like to browse and advise:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8KM71x4bj6FfGvCp

10+ Year Old Account
    Shoot for 4pc T21. It synergizes really well with the legendary helm, as the free FB procs extend TF. With some good RNG and clever proc uses you can really push TF uptime; I've gotten ~70% uptime on some fights which is silly.

Looking at your character, getting 4pc of equal ilevel to your current pieces would be around a 5% dps increase.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nice, thanks for that.

During tonight's pre-progression run, a normal piece dropped which made AMS finally recognise the T21, though one piece is still LFR and I had dropped a few ilvl. 4 set bonus proc kind of freaked me out as my initial reaction was my WA kit was bugging out. Some nice synergy with the bonuses, and although the proc is RNG, I was indeed getting a higher TF uptime.

Windshaper's dropped for me during the run, though I'm pretty happy with the helm and soul ring.

Is there way to macro Regrowth to only cast when Predatory Swiftness is proc'ing? So that it wont knock you out of cat form?

Quote Originally Posted by jkhowells View Post
    Is there way to macro Regrowth to only cast when Predatory Swiftness is proc'ing? So that it wont knock you out of cat form?
    If you find that to be a challenge then I dont think feral is the spec for you :P Try MM-hunter!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jkhowells View Post
    Here we go mate

#showtooltip
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast Regrowth
    /console autounshift 1

It can be handy, and it's a question with an answer, regardless of the intent ♥

How are ferals in mythic plus this days? Still noe aoe to speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Raggon View Post
    They got passable aoe, but since moonkin aoe is supremely better and is a ranged class, balance is the druid spec people will want for m+.

Especially since feral has neither aoe stuns or balance druid's aoe silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggon View Post
    We have aoe and can do a decent bit of damage in mythic plus, you would be better off finding a group of friends to run with though. As the user above spoke of, some people would rather a boomy. It's not unheard of to hit 8+million on adds, or about 2m+ on a boss though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Ran a bunch of sims. With my current high haste/crit setup, on 4-5 high hp, long living targets (high M+ keys) LatC barely beats out bracers...but actually the helmet + SotA beats both. I was a little surprised by that. I think it's because of the high TF uptime you can get with the helm and multiple rips proccing T21 4pc. On consistent aoe with low hp targets that die quickly (high command, portal keeper to a degree) LI gets destroyed by predator and thus bracers/SotA wins by default.
    I think it’s really nice that LI is actually competitive. LI, to me, seems like a signature Druid ability, now available to cast in Cat Form. It’s also the most significant change to our rotation for something like 3 x expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    I think it’s really nice that LI is actually competitive. LI, to me, seems like a signature Druid ability, now available to cast in Cat Form. It’s also the most significant change to our rotation for something like 3 x expansions.
    Hey, at least there's a rotation instead of spamming chaos strike in hope it crits and you can press....chaos strike again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Hey, at least there's a rotation instead of spamming chaos strike in hope it crits and you can press....chaos strike again.
    I mean for us its just spam shred / fb and go afk hoping for more fb proccs now, engaging gameplay.

As for the aoe thing I think its more down to the utility, feral has really very good aoe up until proper high keys (like 20+) where some mobs in a pack will start living too long.
    Last edited by Zanzha; 2018-01-16 at 11:35 AM.
    Feral Meme machine

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzha View Post
    I mean for us its just spam shred / fb and go afk hoping for more fb proccs now, engaging gameplay.

As for the aoe thing I think its more down to the utility, feral has really very good aoe up until proper high keys (like 20+) where some mobs in a pack will start living too long.
    If chaos strike doesn't crit, you wait to autoattack a couple of times till....you can chaos strike again XD. You can keep up rip and rake, which happen more than the eyebeam every 45 seconds or RotI every 1 minute.

I'll admit, one of feral's largest disappointments for me over the past xpacs is how few tools and new toys they've gained compared to other specs because apparently Blizzard thinks bleeds is all they need.

So many things Blizzard could do with the shapeshifting motif and traditional druid toolkit, but ghetto rogue is all they've done with feral druid so far.

Just look at how guardian was distinguished enough from warrior despite sharing a similar resource.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind not gaining much in the way of new ability types, but it's pretty annoying to focus on bleeds being our class fantasy only to completely gut them with a single patch. Bring back our bleeds pls Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I don't mind not gaining much in the way of new ability types, but it's pretty annoying to focus on bleeds being our class fantasy only to completely gut them with a single patch. Bring back our bleeds pls Blizzard
    But not based on BT please. The whole reason I didn't play Feral until MoC buff is because I didn't trust myself enough to invest into Feral only to fail miserably.
    Granted, the gameplay is a little inconsistent. I'm either energy capped for a long time or can extend TF all the way to infinity or I'm starved for like 20+ seconds until TF comes up, not even a crit, not a MoC, nothing...
    We got a new feral in the guild and everyone was making fuss who's gonna be win in dps master race. I lost of course(we wiped though so I had another shot) by 50 mill. But I lost like a brand new feral, he got 30 mill more out of FBs(5 more crits on that regard). I didn't get 1 free FB way until 65%....
    And then there are the good times where I just proc and proc and proc and I'm number 1 universe wide and then we wipe ))

Quote Originally Posted by Hellshout View Post
    But not based on BT please. The whole reason I didn't play Feral until MoC buff is because I didn't trust myself enough to invest into Feral only to fail miserably.
    Granted, the gameplay is a little inconsistent. I'm either energy capped for a long time or can extend TF all the way to infinity or I'm starved for like 20+ seconds until TF comes up, not even a crit, not a MoC, nothing...
    We got a new feral in the guild and everyone was making fuss who's gonna be win in dps master race. I lost of course(we wiped though so I had another shot) by 50 mill. But I lost like a brand new feral, he got 30 mill more out of FBs(5 more crits on that regard). I didn't get 1 free FB way until 65%....
    And then there are the good times where I just proc and proc and proc and I'm number 1 universe wide and then we wipe ))
    Honestly BT was what made feral for me it just feels wrong to play without it to the point that I still spam precast RG before pulls out of muscle memory.
    The core concept of BT isn't that hard but it was the pooling and gameplay to ensure that you got to 4/5 cp before PS ran out that made it challenging to play, currently in the frame of mind that a longer duration on PS would have made it significantly more forgiving.

And yeh it was pretty great when our damage didn't have a big rng factor in it like the current 4set / moc, right now if you want a good parse you basically need to get FB proccs during your incarn tf or it's going to go to bin.

As far as your energy starving issue, its worth checking if chatoyant (instead of sota) + li sims higher for you, it evens out a lot of the rng on MoC and gives you a big energy pool to play with, which also means less wasted energy from AE. Its a build that is performing really well for many ferals though it has a little bit less rng swing due to not having the extra bite damage on proccs.
    Feral Meme machine

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzha View Post
    Honestly BT was what made feral for me it just feels wrong to play without it to the point that I still spam precast RG before pulls out of muscle memory.
    The core concept of BT isn't that hard but it was the pooling and gameplay to ensure that you got to 4/5 cp before PS ran out that made it challenging to play, currently in the frame of mind that a longer duration on PS would have made it significantly more forgiving.

And yeh it was pretty great when our damage didn't have a big rng factor in it like the current 4set / moc, right now if you want a good parse you basically need to get FB proccs during your incarn tf or it's going to go to bin.

As far as your energy starving issue, its worth checking if chatoyant (instead of sota) + li sims higher for you, it evens out a lot of the rng on MoC and gives you a big energy pool to play with, which also means less wasted energy from AE. Its a build that is performing really well for many ferals though it has a little bit less rng swing due to not having the extra bite damage on proccs.
    Mad respect for those that were good back in the days. I'd still be up to try it even today, but my problem with it was that the punishment for missing a BT was way too big for the skill you needed to play it perfectly...
    I do play LI and until yesterday Chato. But last night Cinidaria simmed higher by 10k than Chato and I tried it, but like I said, I hit a bad streak and I felt useless, I was at the mercy of RNG. So I went back to Chato, because Cini might give 10k extra, but if the procs are not there, or if you don't get Apex in the first 10%, then the gap closes in.
    Interestingly, ShadowSing 960 <<<<< Scourge 930, which was a shame tbh, really hoped for an upgrade since Varimathras is a bitch when it comes to loot.

I have read the wowhead guide to feral BiS and it states that chato gets better at 'high ilvl' compared to SoTA. What exactly constitutes as 'high ilvl?' I should mention that I already have every feral legendary, so it's more a question of whether to pair Behemoth with chato, or behemoth with SoTA.