View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Found a reply to that tweet which basically tells us what the brexiteers want.

"It's simple. We want to leave the EU but we want all the advantages of being a member but we don't want to pay anything into EU budgets and we don't want to obey any EU rules. We are British and we deserve it. Why does johnny foreigner find this so hard to understand?"

Essentially we want out of the EU, but we want EVERYTHING given to us from the EU. The Customs union, the trade, for our citizens to live and move freely in the EU but not the other way around. For a Soft/hard border in Ireland. Basically impossibility.

I haven't seen any comments from a single leave voter who thinks we should be able to retain all of those, it would be interesting to see this 'tweet' you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    That's the Brexit motto though.
    I mean seriously, last year there was a literal actual political debate in the UK about whether it's possible to have your cake and eat it too.

I think this is actually beyond Yes Minister levels of satire.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean from what I have gathered in the past few years, British politicians have been scapegoating the EU for everything bad that has happened for at least the past decade. What they are going to do with no scapegoat?
    Well they could do what the US does and blame it all on black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinch View Post
    I haven't seen any comments from a single leave voter who thinks we should be able to retain all of those, it would be interesting to see this 'tweet' you're talking about.
    https://twitter.com/astounded15/stat...89142832664576

Deleted
    So it's a remoaner whining about shit, as usual.

I personally want nothing to do with the EU, I want every single claw they have pulled out and for us to work as an independent nation again. Simply put. It'll be better for us and arguably better for the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

I personally want nothing to do with the EU, I want every single claw they have pulled out and for us to work as an independent nation again. Simply put. It'll be better for us and arguably better for the EU.
    A hard brexit at this point is unlikely unless the talks in phase 2 collapse completely. You'll likely need to deal with those "claws" as you put it a while yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    A hard brexit at this point is unlikely unless the talks in phase 2 collapse completely. You'll likely need to deal with those "claws" as you put it a while yet.
    A Sad fact, I can only hope we avoid the "Common" Market because that deathtrap makes Brexit entirely pointless anyway.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Sad fact, I can only hope we avoid the "Common" Market because that deathtrap makes Brexit entirely pointless anyway.
    that's weird. I though even thebrexiters wanted to remain in the common market. Feels somtimes there are so many brexit agenda and brexit voices, it's hard to understand what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post

Dude, stop talking about the EU invasion!
    My apologies, I didn't mean to reveal the Grand Plan before that day, but my time machine was defect and spit me out three month too early at a time when the EU is still around.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean from what I have gathered in the past few years, British politicians have been scapegoating the EU for everything bad that has happened for at least the past decade. What they are going to do with no scapegoat?
    Zombie scapegoats totally work!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can still scapegoat the big bad mean EU even without being part of it. Just play the bully's victim role.

From the british empire ruling half the world to playing the victim.

Deleted

What's your plan for the NI/Eire border?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    that's weird. I though even thebrexiters wanted to remain in the common market. Feels somtimes there are so many brexit agenda and brexit voices, it's hard to understand what you want.
    There's a reason there were like 4 Leave campaigns and one single Remain campaign.

Leavers are so against "Stronger Together" they couldn't even campaign together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    What's your plan for the NI/Eire border?
    Pragmatic? Work with the EU to allow only Irish Republic citizenship free border access and vice versa.

Personal, Give them fucking NI, I don't fucking want it, They can take Scotland too if they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    You can still scapegoat the big bad mean EU even without being part of it. Just play the bully's victim role.

From the british empire ruling half the world to playing the victim.
    Let me make this pretty simple.

Some of our biggest trading partners are, or were, Outside of the EU.

The EU's tariffs basically made trading outside the EU unfeasible for British Firms because we were forced the EU's Tariffs. Now, for America, we actually created a workaround and that is Britain has special rights within the American Laws on trade to set up Shell companies on American Soil.

But the EU effective sits there as a big fat ugly child demanding attention while the Commonwealth should be our priority.

Pragmatic? Work with the EU to allow only Irish Republic citizenship free border access and vice versa.

Personal, Give them fucking NI, I don't fucking want it, They can take Scotland too if they want.
    Well your "pragmatic"solution is simply impossible unless you can get RoI to ban all foreigners but those from the UK from their country.

About your "personal" one, why exclude London from that list?

- - - Updated - - -

The EU's tariffs basically made trading outside the EU unfeasible for British Firms because we were forced the EU's Tariffs. Now, for America, we actually created a workaround and that is Britain has special rights within the American Laws on trade to set up Shell companies on American Soil.

But the EU effective sits there as a big fat ugly child demanding attention while the Commonwealth should be our priority.
    Yes,"simple" is indeed the word I am tempted to use for the level of understanding of and insight into the situation you demonstrate.
    Others would be "naive" or simply "incomplete".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Well your "pragmatic"solution is simply impossible unless you can get RoI to ban all foreigners but those from the UK from their country.

About your "personal" one, why exclude London from that list?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes,"simple" is indeed the word I am tempted to use for the level of understanding of and insight into the situation you demonstrate.
    Others would be "naive" or simply "incomplete".
    Good point there.

It's simple but true. People overestimate the costs of shipping by sea. People underestimate how much shit the commonwealth can provide. People underestimate how much the EU tariffs fuck over outside trade.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48612414

44% of your total export does not seem to me a negligible to me, it's nearly half your revenue.
    By bigger partner, you probably thinking about the US, which to my knowledge is not part of the commonwealth.

Thing is, the US will not make you any favor. If there is one thing american companies understand is how to profit from the market. Alone, the UK won't be able to get a very advantageous trade deal, i wouldn't be surprise if the EU gets a better deal than the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So why have you been frequently citing polls favorable to Brexit, then? If polls are unreliable, then they're reliably unreliable and you shouldn't be treating them as valid sources to back up your arguments.

You can't have it both ways.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/533603...ersed-warning/
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-the-papers-42678912
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...gain-on-brexit

BWAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

it'll most likely be reversed if voted on a second time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I think the pigeonhole of morons who've shot themselves in the foot and spent the last year blaming the EU for shooting them in the foot fits most Leavers perfectly.
    if reversed they cost the EU 500 billion pounds. LOL
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-01-14 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People underestimate how much shit the commonwealth can provide.
    Who you do not have any trade agreements with.

How long do you think it will take to negotiate some? 5 years? 10 years?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Good point there.

It's simple but true. People overestimate the costs of shipping by sea. People underestimate how much shit the commonwealth can provide. People underestimate how much the EU tariffs fuck over outside trade.
    You want a jar of vegemite mate? Dunno if that'll save your economy.

And I don't know how to tell you this but Earl Grey Tea and silverware isn't exactly the wave of the future. Even in the Commonwealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I love the idea that the Commonwealth will come to save us, I wonder how long that one will last now that the Leavers have completely abandoned the idea of Trumpers coming to save us.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I love the idea that the Commonwealth will come to save us, I wonder how long that one will last now that the Leavers have completely abandoned the idea of Trumpers coming to save us.
    Don't listen to an idiotic populist nationalist Ramblers in the first place, we're all paying for it dearly these days.

Most of them are just good at emboldening people and spreading lies, they can care less about smart Policy because they're too dumb to understand the complicated negotiations that come alongside of trading as well as helping the economy.

brexit would lose if voted on right now and that's a fact.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-01-14 at 07:36 AM.