Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Except Trump said the ENTIRE continent was a shithole, so yes that includes the successful countries. So again, 2+2 doesn't equal 4. Are there countries in turmoil? Absolutely, but Africa and Latin America don't have a monopoly on that.
    I can't think of a failed state that isn't on either continent though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Wrong he also called out entire continents and also your argument is downright sad. If I said I don't want people from this shithole place coming here the assumption is that you don't want shithole people.
    Immigrants shouldn't be judged on their country of origin in my opinion.

But saying there is no such thing as a shithole country is false and the immigration system in the USA as far as I can tell seems to bring the wrong people in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    So what are you arguing then? The current waves of Unrest in Europe are NOT caused by the recent glut of "Refugees" mostly from the Middle East and Africa? Despite all footage showing Middle eastern and African people committing these crimes?

Nobody is arguing "Everyone" from these countries are rapists, What we are arguing is, with current Immigration rules, It's just as easy for the rapists and criminals to get into the country.
    Well for starters I'm not talking about Europe at all, I'm talking about America. I actually have a different attitude about Europe due to the fact that it's not made up of countries who have a massive history of immigration, so I can understand native populations feeling uneasy about massive influxes of immigrants who refuse to assimilate into your native cultures. In America we simply do a better job of assimilating different groups and making them "Americans".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post

But saying there is no such thing as a shithole country is false and the immigration system in the USA as far as I can tell seems to bring the wrong people in.
    I agree. Strict Unbias testing seems to be the only way to do Immigration right.

- - - Updated - - -

Well for starters I'm not talking about Europe at all, I'm talking about America. I actually have a different attitude about Europe due to the fact that it's not made up of countries who have a massive history of immigration, so I can understand native populations feeling uneasy about massive influxes of immigrants who refuse to assimilate into your native cultures. In America we simply do a better job of assimilating different groups and making them "Americans".
    That's because America has always had the choice of which immigrants and has never had any major waves of Immigration except from Mexico, Which was mostly Spanish anyway so a cultural shock never happens.

Which are these non-shithole countries in Africa?

The context of what Trump said is that he supports a merit based immigration system which is fine but in that context he said he didn't want people from shithole countries like Africa, Haiti, South America and the middle east but people from Norway. That's not supporting a merit based system, it's a obvious racist statement that he doesn't want more brown people and more white. So I am not why any decent person is defending this.

I can't think of a failed state that isn't on either continent though.
    There's plenty of Eastern European countries who are on the brink of collapse. Let's also not pretend that Western Europeans are keen about Eastern Europeans immigrating to their countries.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Well good thing you're not a world leader with a Huge Ego and Nukes.
    Because Insulting another world leader just because of small Disagreements is wise.

If you want to live in a Snowflake Bubble then have fun.
    Anyone who thinks CNN is credible has no business accusing others of being in a bubble.

Deleted
    There's plenty of Eastern European countries who are on the brink of collapse. Let's also not pretend that Western Europeans are keen about Eastern Europeans immigrating to their countries.
    Like? I can't think of a single eastern European state as bad as Haiti. Sure they're poor and often corrupt, but nobody is eating clay and resorting to cannibalism there.

Well, not out of necessity at least.

Like? I can't think of a single eastern European state as bad as Haiti. Sure they're poor and often corrupt, but nobody is eating clay and resorting to cannibalism there.

I dunno man, I hear tales on these forums of how ISIS basically run Sweden now..

So why are people mad? It's not uncommon that people call America a shithole. Maybe it gets dressed up a bit. Called racist or backwards or uneducated. But it happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The context of what Trump said is that he supports a merit based immigration system which is fine but in that context he said he didn't want people from shithole countries like Africa, Haiti, South America and the middle east but people from Norway. That's not supporting a merit based system, it's a obvious racist statement that he doesn't want more brown people and more white. So I am not why any decent person is defending this.
    It's crude and plausibly racist. Who knows if he meant it in a racist way, I wouldn't be surprised.

Saying that people from a shit country are necessarily shit is also extraordinarily stupid.

The point of the immigration system should be that assimilation is the main focus. On average southern saharan countries, amongst other countries have more trouble integrating. Pointing out that fact isn't racist.

That's because America has always had the choice of which immigrants and has never had any major waves of Immigration except from Mexico, Which was mostly Spanish anyway so a cultural shock never happens.
    I think you have America confused with Australia and New Zealand. The US has gotten plenty of waves of poor immigrants to the country throughout its history. I mean we got waves of poor immigrants from Southern and Eastern Europe in the early 20th century. Before that we got massive waves of Irish immigrants escaping the potato famine in the mid 19th century.

Most of those people were considered the garbage of Europe at the time.

Again, we just did a better job of Americanizing those groups than Europeans did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I dunno man, I hear tales on these forums of how ISIS basically run Sweden now..
    Well, it's Sweden, those back stabbing ski-slopers cannot be trusted no matter what flag they fly.

It's crude and plausibly racist. Who knows if he meant it in a racist way, I wouldn't be surprised.

Saying that people from a shit country are necessarily shit is also extraordinarily stupid.

The point of the immigration system should be that assimilation is the main focus. On average southern saharan countries, amongst other countries have more trouble integrating. Pointing out that fact isn't racist.
    Again he wasn't doing any of this, you can argue on a merit based system for immigration and how it should be implemented. It also fine to have questions about integration and culture clash and how best to pick people, Trump was doing none of this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So why are people mad? It's not uncommon that people call America a shithole. Maybe it gets dressed up a bit. Called racist or backwards or uneducated. But it happens.
    Well there's the justifiable outrage that a policy making politician shouldn't be saying stuff as crudely as that and immigration is still the most divise issue in the US (I'd argue).

And the faux outrage of "racist" white privilege anti fact BS that inevitably comes to the fore when discussing immigration.

Well that's a bad comparison since Haiti is the poorest country in the world. I'm talking about your earlier statement that there are failed states in Africa and Latin America. I was merely pointing out that there are failed states (and soon to be failed states) in Europe as well.

Deleted
    I think you have America confused with Australia and New Zealand. The US has gotten plenty of waves of poor immigrants to the country throughout its history. I mean we got waves of poor immigrants from Southern and Eastern Europe in the early 20th century. Before that we got massive waves of Irish immigrants escaping the potato famine in the mid 19th century.

Most of those people were considered the garbage of Europe at the time.

Again, we just did a better job of Americanizing those groups than Europeans did.
    Most of which were also heavily regulated and couldn't just swarm the borders of America like African Immigrants can. And like I said, No culture shock.

Well there's the justifiable outrage that a policy making politician shouldn't be saying stuff as crudely as that and immigration is still the most divise issue in the US (I'd argue).

And the faux outrage of "racist" white privilege anti fact BS that inevitably comes to the fore when discussing immigration.
    I can agree Trump lacks the tact to be saying things like this. But calling countries shit has been an ongoing thing.

Deleted
    Well that's a bad comparison since Haiti is the poorest country in the world. I'm talking about your earlier statement that there are failed states in Africa and Latin America. I was merely pointing out that there are failed states (and soon to be failed states) in Europe as well.
    You know Monopoly doesn't mean "Literally the only one" It means a hold of the majority. Which is true in these statements. And like I said, I have not seen many Eastern European States on the verge of failed statehood.

Except maybe Greece.