Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Nah, it's more like 950+ now.

Been declined 5 times in a row for normal argus run as 960 tank (purple and orange parses) while groups were still missing 2 tanks. Got in the 6th group who asked for 950 "only". This is getting ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Been declined 5 times in a row for normal argus run as 960 tank (purple and orange parses) while groups were still missing 2 tanks. Got in the 6th group who asked for 950 "only". This is getting ridiculous...
    Make a lock, problem solved.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted
    I doubt thats a ilev problem, they probably wanted a different tank class.

I unsubbed after I got my AotC....
    I'm not going to link my achievements for every pug... I'll wait till
    The next expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I unsubbed after I got my AotC....
    I'm not going to link my achievements for every pug... I'll wait till
    The next expansion
    And you think things will be different in the next exp? Lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you decide to babyback on the efforts of others instead of putting the initiative yourself to make a group, you've no right to complain about the requirements they have. Make your own group, and stop complaining.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    No
    I usually do
    This every expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Lifetapper View Post
    My advice for joining any groups is to avoid the following:

AOTC
    Checking Logs
    Raider.io
    Big D DPS

If you see any of the above, then don't join the groups. I full cleared normal right away, and all I have left on Heroic is Argus (had a group that was 1% from kill, but then they decided to go to bed...).

From my experience, even in mythic + runs, the people demanding the listed things, are much more likely to be a fail group. I've had far far less trouble joining groups with nothing mean or discouraging written in the message box. In-fact, I think Blizzard should only allow groups to simply list the dungeon and ilvl they require, no typing any words. Would be nice to not have 20 Selling Argus kills to scroll past, only to find everyone else is demanding AOTC and checking those logs....

People seem to forget, it's about group synergy and not just benching a guy instantly, or some guy bailing because the kill didn't happen. You can have a group of people who have full cleared 10 times each, but that group fails due to lack of player synergy. Some people just don't mesh well with others. Usually if you stick it out, the group will gain synergy and the boss will go down, but sadly most people just don't remember how raiding is supposed to be, and want insta kills or gtfo.
    Absolutely! Since when did experience help anyone? Your best chance for success is probably to catch people on their first day of playing WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a binary decision based on your item level, and I doubt seriously they are looking at your parses (unless mythic, and how many mythic guilds pug a tank on night of raid?). It's how you compare to whoever else applied, combined with whether someone's friend is logging on to tank, or someone is offering to change specs and tank, or maybe RL is afk while they are on 5m break. You've raided enough to know there's all kinds of reasons why people get invited or not.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    For normal i suggest to make your own group, there is literally nothing to lead, if someone will bitch about something, you can just kick them out and replace instantly. Groups are usually filling up pretty quick, atm i`m gearing my alts in normals since i wanna get every mage tower appeareance. For heroic, yeah, personally when i do it with a pug i will just join a high ilvl group with voice and be done with it.

more and more people cba to deal with this bs - most of those who return stick strickly to lfr

once you get of gear threadmill most cba to do it ever again

because why bother really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    more and more people cba to deal with this bs - most of those who return stick strickly to lfr
    Good to know our worlds don't connect!

Make a group, join a guild, orrrrrr...

maybe wait for some idiot to be running a 900 ilvl no achiev required, fresh boosted allowed group and see for yourself why people say "945 AOTC"

I doubt thats a ilev problem, they probably wanted a different tank class.
    Or more likely, they already have their tanks and they aren't in tank spec yet. The more likely thing.

Deleted
    I dont see how this is the devs problems or blizzard in general. The individual player is making the group as he sees fit.

By that means he can choose whether to up the ilvl requirement to 970 if he wants too.

You can also choose to create your own group and put the ilvl requirement as low as you want, nobody is stopping you.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmingpig View Post
    I dont see how this is the devs problems or blizzard in general. The individual player is making the group as he sees fit.

By that means he can choose whether to up the ilvl requirement to 970 if he wants too.

You can also choose to create your own group and put the ilvl requirement as low as you want, nobody is stopping you.
    Maybe it's a plead to Blizzard to make a "smart" LFR, where you can qualify for Normal difficulty. Maybe something like an an analysis of gear and combat logs. Some form of automation in doing harder content, so you don't have to convince a raid leader that your 930/nocurve-character is good enough.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Maybe it's a plead to Blizzard to make a "smart" LFR, where you can qualify for Normal difficulty. Maybe something like an an analysis of gear and combat logs. Some form of automation in doing harder content, so you don't have to convince a raid leader that your 930/nocurve-character is good enough.
    So, a raider.io build into WoW? Yeah, why not?
    Maybe I don't have to carry LFR scrubs anymore then, eh.

Thing is, part of the community won't be able to get anything done if thats the case as they'll just end up with people just as helpless as themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperJay View Post
    Make a group, join a guild, orrrrrr...

maybe wait for some idiot to be running a 900 ilvl no achiev required, fresh boosted allowed group and see for yourself why people say "945 AOTC"
    The irony of your post is that exactly on the 1st day when Antorus launched I made a Group where everyone had a pretty low ilvl (far less than 945 at least) and we absolutely stomped (we wiped on some bosses a couple times tho) the entire raid.

Then a few weeks later I join a 940+ Group... raid lead is like ilvl860 and I see 2 Other people from the same realm with a similar ilvl (possibily friends looking for free boosts). The others were indeed 940+... yeah, we couldn't kill Kingaroth.

So yeah, the main reason people make these groups with these high requirements is because they want to get carried. Otherwise they'd directly set the min ilvl in the Group finder, but they can't, because they are low themselves and expect others to Hand them over prizes. That being said though, the community has always been shit like this and the best solution to avoid this is joining a guild.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-02-08 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Smart LFR you say, if they indeed add something that can be counted as smart LFR or a way to analyze logs to match your raiding capabilities, it would be some sort of "rating".

People will start seeing this system as LFR turned out to be, pure shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Ok so first of inspecting and then gearscore was always a thing in wow, even for trivial content.

Second this issue goat bloated over because blizzard hands gear like candy (you can get 970 even without touching one boss in mhytic).

Ergo even the bad and lazy player can get a resonable ilv for normal antorus which is ofc not 945 but if you got the guys in which thinks heroic leaping in to a pit is a good idea you wasting your time, which people dont want.

This is a world you must live in, especially with so many difficulties for content we have
    Exactly.

The epic gear has lost its value from what it was back 10 years ago.

The legendaries are barely legendaries. Anyone can and will get them, they dont mean anything.

My point being, people want to get gear as fast as possible without having to put much effort into it and blizzard are feeding this to them.

It needs to end, but if we know blizzard it wont.

When will the complainers understand that group expectations have nothing to do with what's convenient for random strangers, and little to do with what's bare minimum required to clear the instance? Group expectations are mostly a reflection of supply and demand. Expectations are set based on what's the best you're likely to fill with in a reasonable amount of time. If average raiders are geared 940ish, groups will ask for 940. When it becomes easy to fill groups with 960+, groups will ask for 960. They don't care if you can clear normal with 940 if they know they can fill with 960 in 5 minutes and have a fast painless run. None of this is some Illuminati plot; it's just human nature.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"