10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Yes I think good developers should be able to say "this is what we can deliver, we should stop adding features". And making more money is called being a business.
    It becomes shady when you keep asking for more money without seemingly trying to deliver your product (which is what other people accuse SC off, which I don't entirely agree with)
    I do agree with this. They should've stopped their stretch goals WAY before the $65mil mark in late 2014. Although they have said that they will not be adding everything in the later stretch goals into the game by release, they haven't really specified which ones...
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2018-01-13 at 05:51 PM.

Love it, take a break for months, come back and its the same 4 or 5 knuckle draggers bitching about the same tired and oft debunked shit. Hilarious!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Tierbook is right. The kickstarter was indeed there the gauge interest. They were going to go to a publisher with the initial funding and work on the game from there. If I remember correctly, it was at $21 million (not listed on the kickstarter) that they would have enough to start working on the game themselves with no publisher or external funding, which is kind of their mantra.

And be honest here; do you think that they should not have adjusted their plans/funding to fit the scope of their game once they had more money? If they had more money, should it actually look like they used more on it, instead of, you know like everyone claims now, pocketing it?

Side note: What do you think Kickstarter inherently does? If people aren't interested in something, they won't help. Wanting to help kick-start a project in and of itself gauges interest.
    But with everything bigger (budget, team, more time) they are unable to provide even this which is spelled in that hype page. Thats the problem, one of many.

I do agree with this. They should've stopped their stretch goals WAY before the $65mil mark in late 2014. Although they have said that they will not be adding everything in the later stretch goals into the game by release, they haven't really specified which ones...
    And yet they are now adding land claims because they needed more stuff to sell to whales.
    Or full ingame voip.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2018-01-13 at 07:11 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Love it, take a break for months, come back and its the same 4 or 5 knuckle draggers bitching about the same tired and oft debunked shit. Hilarious!
    That's how most of the video game threads here work.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

lol get some fuckin perspective. Nobody cares.

You care enough to come here, write response and then participate in discussion. Tell us once again how nobody cares pumpkin.

To the contrary, you came back to this thread after a self-imposed exile and your first post is to inform everyone how much you care about 4 or 5 people. If your attitude is nobody cares why would you make a post like that in the first place? Would that not mean you are the one that needs to find some perspective.

But don't stop, keep us entertained with your ad hominems and keyboard warrioring Mr Angry Boy...

Oh no you both figured me out! Whatever will I do!? Oh that's right, nothing, because you are both irrelevant lol.

"Hurrrrrrr you came back therefore you must care about us!" Hilarious! How desperate for attention and validation. How many years have you been whining about this game exactly??? How much has it changed anyone's opinion? Zero, aka, not at fuckin all lol. Yet here you remain! What was that about "keyboard warrioring" or "angry boy?" Might want to take a look at the sheer amount of time you've wasted convincing nobody of anything lol.

Nothing you've ever said has come true, all your doomsaying, all your predictions and "analysis," whatever is left over is just as bullshit as what came before it, you have no credibility at all. Give it up lol.

Later taters hahaha.

Edit: lol, TIL responding to people is "off-topic," so glad this place never changed
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2018-01-14 at 08:46 PM.

Oh no you both figured me out! Whatever will I do!? Oh that's right, nothing, because you are both irrelevant lol.

"Hurrrrrrr you came back therefore you must care about us!" Hilarious! How desperate for attention and validation. How many years have you been whining about this game exactly??? How much has it changed anyone's opinion? Zero, aka, not at fuckin all lol. Yet here you remain! What was that about "keyboard warrioring" or "angry boy?" Might want to take a look at the sheer amount of time you've wasted convincing nobody of anything lol.

Nothing you've ever said has come true, all your doomsaying, all your predictions and "analysis," whatever is left over is just as bullshit as what came before it, you have no credibility at all. Give it up lol.

Later taters hahaha.

Edit: lol, TIL responding to people is "off-topic," so glad this place never changed
    Thats just... sad. Really, really sad. Hope you will get better in time.

Later taters hahaha.

This is delightful, don't stop now....

Well if you respond to them, it does indicate that you do care.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    You want to see “hilarious”? I’ll show you what’s hilarious:

That’s a little example of people like you “debunking shit” provided by a quick use of a couple of keywords over the search function, and the real reason why it’s bloody impossible to maintain a fucking discussion in this thread, it’s not because of people “bitching” about the same shit over and over, after all, the progress speed doesn’t really allow for a much ampler discussion of the project, no, it’s really because of people like you, people that left themselves become so fucking emotionally attached to the project, to someone else’s fucking business! That you have the urge to disrupt any kind discussion that displeases you regardless of it being constructive or not, with childish, pathetic and shameful personal attacks, I keep seeing “hater this”, “hater that”, but the only people that keep displaying anything that resembles to “hate” are actually the ones that keep accusing others of it while hiding behind a mantle of self-victimization, “oh evil haters won’t let us have a peaceful discussion! They just want to see the project fail!”, what a load of hypocritical horse shit.

… and don’t worry, unlike many around here I’m actually aware of my own actions, I’ll be reporting my own post for off-topic and follow your own example, although I’ll try to be a little wiser and make my “vacations” from this thread permanent, because until the forum moderation changes and actually starts delivering permanent bans “the same 4 or 5” *cough* delightful gentleman’s will just keep coming back over and over to deliver us that sort of magnificently constructive feedback in such brilliant and polite way, simply delightful.

That said, have fun mate, on the bright at least you make a good use of that avatar.
    By now I would trade "ignorant" for "deceitful" , ignorance is not knowing any better for lack of effort or blissful.

Deceit is acknowledging the facts but choose to ignore them to push a narrative.

What the haters have been doing for the past 3 years basically because CIG and Chris Roberts hurt their feelings.

but choosing to ignore them to push a narrative.

Squadron 42 Coil tech:

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    Squadron 42 Coil tech:
    Problem I have with these videos is same like I have with this one.

It looks awesome AF..all their tech demos do, yet, most of them are years old and game is still boring s**tfest. I really hope this game can be, one day, something spectacular, but at this point, I really doubt that.

SC has some awesome engineers, but whoever is behind the driving wheel has very little idea what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Problem I have with these videos is same like I have with this one.

It looks awesome AF..all their tech demos do, yet, most of them are years old and game is still boring s**tfest. I really hope this game can be, one day, something spectacular, but at this point, I really doubt that.

SC has some awesome engineers, but whoever is behind the driving wheel has very little idea what to do.
    You are confusing Squadron 42 and Star Citizen.
    Nevertheless you are surprised a gem is boring before the content is added?

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    You are confusing Squadron 42 and Star Citizen.
    Nevertheless you are surprised a gem is boring before the content is added?
    After jesus patches (called by community) 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 and jesus patch called by Chris Roberts itself 3.0 (which was supposed to be about real showcase of some simple gameloops and hooks, solar system playable, according his words, the polished experience (that's why it was delayed so long - his words), which would be welcoming new players and of course 5-6 years of development (i know, according SC community real development will start just tomorrow, because plumber has to repair something in their office etc. but it is bs), I was expecting something more, yes and I think everyone was.

And no, I am not confusing anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    After jesus patches (called by community) 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 and jesus patch called by Chris Roberts itself 3.0 (which was supposed to be about real showcase of some simple gameloops and hooks, solar system playable, according his words, the polished experience (that's why it was delayed so long - his words), which would be welcoming new players and of course 5-6 years of development (i know, according SC community real development will start just tomorrow, because plumber has to repair something in their office etc. but it is bs), I was expecting something more, yes and I think everyone was.

And no, I am not confusing anything.
    Not everyone was expecting gameplay mechanics that weren't mentioned to be in 3.0. That was your expectations.

EDIT: The foundation for the originally planned professions were mostly put in, but barely gameplay mechanics for them. Actually, what was initially listed for gameplay is mostly there, just very basic, just like what it was listed as.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2018-01-27 at 06:55 PM.

Not everyone was expecting gameplay mechanics that weren't mentioned to be in 3.0. That was your expectations.

EDIT: The foundation for the originally planned professions were mostly put in, but barely gameplay mechanics for them. Actually, what was initially listed for gameplay is mostly there, just very basic, just like what it was listed as.
    I was expecting this

What we got is either missing or barebones. Look, I understand it is Alpha and game is in development, but it is in development for some quite time and same things are repeating again and again. Overpromising and underdelivering after huge delays. And even what is released is in pretty bad shape (performance, bugs, crashes). I was buying whole "it is alpha" for quite a long time but after whole 3.0 realization, that something is not exactly how it should be in development just struck in.

I am still watching their tech demo presentations, but I have to wonder, if any of these things will ever exist in some game worth calling "game". Let's see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting this

What we got is either missing or barebones. Look, I understand it is Alpha and game is in development, but it is in development for some quite time and same things are repeating again and again. Overpromising and underdelivering after huge delays. And even what is released is in pretty bad shape (performance, bugs, crashes). I was buying whole "it is alpha" for quite a long time but after whole 3.0 realization, that something is not exactly how it should be in development just struck in.

I am still watching their tech demo presentations, but I have to wonder, if any of these things will ever exist in some game worth calling "game". Let's see.
    Content != Gameplay (mechanics). I did not mention content because I would be lying if I said we weren't supposed to get that. The basic professions we did indeed get. We already had basic bounty hunting from early 2.X. With the addition of cargo, the basic mechanics for the rest were added.