Fanfic: Allied Race Pairs

Just playing around with ideas. Plenty of people weren't happy with some of the allied races chosen and some races have multiple offshoots or relatives part of the factions.

Here's my list:

Human - Tirasians | Tideskorn Vrykul
    Dwarf - Dark Irons | Wildhammers
    Gnome - Sand Gnomes | Mechanized (Tinkerforged?) Gnomes
    Night Elf - Void Elves (Ren'dorei)
    Draenei - Lightforged | Broken
    Worgen - Kaldorei Worgen | Sethrak

Orc - Mag'hars | Ogres
    Troll - Zandalari | Revantusk
    Tauren - Highmountain Tauren | Taunka
    Blood Elf - Nightborne (Shal'dorei)
    Forsaken - Less Decayed Forsaken | Skeletons
    Goblin - Drogbar | Vulpera

Pandaren - Furbolgs (A) | Mogu (H)

Most Tirasians are just normal humans and use the playable human model, but I think giving Alliance players the stouter human model would be a good thing. Vrykul are also a heavily requested race, they would obviously have to undergo minor remodeling and would have to be scaled down to tauren-size in-game.

Sand gnomes would be a fun variation for Blizzard to play around with in terms of culture and appearance. Mechanized gnomes is of course something that @shoc proposed. Gnomes with mechanical parts as a replacement for limbs, eyes, etc.

I was conflicted between Drogbar, hobgoblins and gilgoblins, but ultimately I chose drogbar because of their connection to Highmountain. They would obviously need remodeling and I'm not quite sure which skeleton they use.

Furbolgs, which can be remodeled and translated over to the pandaren skeleton imo, are already associated with the Alliance (the Stillpine of Azuremyst, the Barkskin which swore fealty to Tyrande and the Blackmaw which unsuccessfully tried to join the Alliance but we're sabotaged by goblins). I chose mogu because of the Zandalari possibly being able to convince them to at least join the Horde in an alliance of convenience. I also chose them over tuskarr and tortollans because having too many animalistic races would be on par with having more elf races. While mogu are loosely (partially) based on Chinese guardian lions, it's less apparent.

Tell me what you think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Give me some San'layn for the Foresaken

I think if sand gnomes become an allied race alliance players will be mad...
    I also believe that vulpera(paired with sethrak or kul tiras humans) will be playable at some point, they even made female models this time.
    What i wish is a more noble looking undead with red eyes, either nathanos like or San'layn, i want a vampire xP

7+ Year Old Account
    How about we just get elf-variations for all current races? That will make everybody happy. Like this:

Human - High Elves
    Dwarf - Wretched (devolved blood elves; mad that the Horde won't help them or something)
    Gnome - Midget Elves
    Night Elf - Highborne night elves
    Draenei - Lightforged Elves (high elves with glowing yellow eyes and Super Saiyan-esque hair styles)
    Worgen - High Elves (again but with pointier ears and sharper teeth)

Orc - High Elves with those Orc Halloween masks on
    Troll - High Elves with Troll Halloween masks on
    Tauren - Highmountain Elves (High elves wearing tribal regalia like current Highmountain do)
    Blood Elf - Felblood elf
    Forsaken - San'layn elves
    Goblin - just Blood Elves

I admit cyborg-gnomes would be rad. But sand gnomes??
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I admit cyborg-gnomes would be rad. But sand gnomes??
    Yes, sand gnomes, their identity is pretty vague, but it would be cool if Blizzard expanded upon their lore with physical and cultural features distinct from (Dun Morogh) gnomes.

I wish we knew what they're looking for when deciding to implement an allied race or not. I figured we'd get broken, but maybe they think nobody would actually want to play as them. I'd like to see Horde leper gnomes, but the minority of people that'd even consider rolling one is so small it'd make female dwarf death knights seem common.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Yes, sand gnomes, their identity is pretty vague, but it would be cool if Blizzard expanded upon their lore with physical and cultural features distinct from (Dun Morogh) gnomes.
    All voiced by Jack Black. picture the gnomes from the Cata Expansion.

If nothing else, sand gnomes could make a cool companion race for the sethrak.

Its better then a Cat Race from the Moon i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryRedVixen View Post
    Its better then a Cat Race from the Moon i suppose.
    Let’s not knock cat races so soon, it’s a top five desire of mine, higher even if they are Paladins, highest if in the Horde.