Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’d rather be honest about things. I don’t what them getting overweight, which leads to health related issues. I also don’t want them getting fat because it can be hard for overweight kids in school (teasing, bullying, etc). Hell, it can be hard for overweight adults.
    It's good to keep an eye on those things, according to what I read overweight and obese individuals grow more fat cells and losing weight just makes the cells skinnier. It's one of the reasons why researchers think hunger levels in formerly overweight people remain high after weight loss.

Deleted
    Why not just make the kids eat less? Simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    You can eat healthy for a higher cost than eating unhealthily, with a lot more effort put into your meals. Unless you're talking about eating nothing but ramen, which is comparable to what prisoners in NK live on.
    It's called moderation it isn't difficult

In almost every case, if the kid is fat, it's because of the parents, and if it's not, that means the kid has a bad metabolism, and it's parent's fault too in fact, because they should have seen this and take more precautions to feed their childrens properly.

Fat shaming IS good, and it should be generalised to a large scale, hell, in Paris, we have an associate of the mayor who launched an "anti fat shaming day", needless to say that woman is herself a whale.
    Being fat IS NOT ok, the "fat shaming" expression has been created by fat people themselves, who are obviously in their tracks by doing that, because it's purpose is to victimize fat people instead of taking responsabilities of their state.
    The fat people who are triggered about alleged or true fat shaming are the one who pretend they are fine, that being fat is ok, even saying they are "proud" of being fat, and the worst thing is they actualy convince people of the lie that being fat is ok and should be accepted.
    Well no, being fat is not, and will never be acceptable: whenever it's not caused by external causes you can't control (like hormonal causes), being fat is not ok, and it's ok you are being shamed for that, because fat people are gross, distusting, ugly, and more than that: unhealty.
    Obesity is growing more every year, and we have that "anti fat shaming" movement who prone obesity, it's a future full scale health problem in the years to come.
    Do we want a blob-like society were you die from a heart attack at 45 is the norm? Or do we want a society were obesity would and should regarded as it is: bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Punching girls is rude.
    Traps aren't girls

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    my 5 year old was just bitching that she didnt get any ranch with her chicken nugs for dinner. i guess she's tried ranch at school, i'll be asking them about that.

i threw the fuckin bottle away.

that's how you beat obesity. don't give your kid bullshit.
    The kids got good taste. Chicken is too dry without a sauce. Also Chicken nugs arnt that healthy already. The batter is fat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The kids got good taste. Chicken is too dry without a sauce. Also Chicken nugs arnt that healthy already. The batter is fat
    Nothing wrong with having chicken nuggets in moderation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Nothing wrong with having chicken nuggets in moderation
    Ill remember that next time Im at mcdonalds and wondering why im not losing weight.

Deleted
    Ill remember that next time Im at mcdonalds and wondering why im not losing weight.
    You know what moderation is? If you're only eating at McDonald's twice a month and still not losing weight it isn't McDonald's that's making you fat

7+ Year Old Account
    You know what moderation is? If you're only eating at McDonald's twice a month and still not losing weight it isn't McDonald's that's making you fat
    You know 2 chicken nuggets has more fat than an entire chicken sandwhich. So unless you are only eating a couple and having salad to make it a meal then its hard to see how you can have nuggets in moderation when you need quite a few to feel fill.

Deleted
    You know 2 chicken nuggets has more fat than an entire chicken sandwhich. So unless you are only eating a couple and having salad to make it a meal then its hard to see how you can have nuggets in moderation when you need quite a few to feel fill.
    Nuggets are a side order like chips (fries) - You can eat fatty food and not get fat

7+ Year Old Account
    Nuggets are a side order like chips (fries) - You can eat fatty food and not get fat
    Yes, people can eat fatty foods and not get fat, im glad I had to spell that out.

Now if people ARE fat, and wanting to lose weight, and are eating chicken nuggets, then dont come to me asking for advice on why you're not losing weight

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I can be really direct with my daughters. When they ask to snack or eat again, I’ll tell them no. They ask why, and I say “cause I don’t want you getting fat”. They understand that overeating can lead to being overweight and they don’t want to look like that. They see kids at school who are fat and think it’s ugly. Harsh, but let’s be honest, it’s the truth (same with adults).
    I don't mean to tell you how to parent your child, it's not my place. But I would be cautious with the language you are using. My girlfriend's sister is currently going to rehab for anorexia because all her life her parents equated food with fat. I'm of course not saying that it will happen to your daughter, but the language is a little too focused on the aesthetics which can lead to that kind of behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

You know that fat in foods doesn't make you fat? No? I didn't think you did lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post

You know that fat in foods doesn't make you fat? No? I didn't think you did lol.
    Its not as bad as sugar or carbs. But fat especially poly saturated fat is also the last energy source that the body burns so eating lots of it isnt great. Any other great questions? Chicken nugget fat = bad. Avacardo fat = good. KK?

Its not as bad as sugar or carbs. But fat especially poly saturated fat is also the last energy source that the body burns so eating lots of it isnt great. Any other great questions?
    I have no questions regarding the matter, I studied it. Saying "this food has more fat" is mostly irrelevant when it comes to weight loss.

Deleted
    Yes, people can eat fatty foods and not get fat, im glad I had to spell that out.

Now if people ARE fat, and wanting to lose weight, and are eating chicken nuggets, then dont come to me asking for advice on why you're not losing weight
    You can be fat, eat the occasional McDonald's and still lose weight. Moderation is more important

7+ Year Old Account
    I have no questions regarding the matter, I studied it. Saying "this food has more fat" is mostly irrelevant when it comes to weight loss.
    Might want to restudy it then judging by your statement/question, you seem to have missed a few important chapters out of your over priced book. Like that fat is the slowest energy burning source chapter for one. And fat content is relevant for burning fat, which you know....obese people tend to focus on.

Might want to restudy it then judging by your statement/question, you seem to have missed a few important chapters out of your over priced book. Like that fat is the slowest energy burning source chapter for one. And fat content is relevant for burning fat, which you know....obese people tend to focus on.
    Speak to any dietitian lol. High fat diets are typically recommended because fat keeps you satiated longer than carbs or protein. Meaning people eat less, meaning they consume less calories, meaning they lose more weight. It's okay to be ignorant, just do it quietly.

This is the simple version, but it's true and it's why diets focus on reducing carbs and increasing fats.
    Last edited by Torgent; 2018-01-13 at 09:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Speak to any dietitian lol. High fat diets are typically recommended because fat keeps you satiated longer than carbs or protein. Meaning people eat less, meaning they consume less calories, meaning they lose more weight. It's okay to be ignorant, just do it quietly.
    I guess thats why people drink melted ice cream in the gaining weight phase just so they can lose it again? You're not making any sense, and I'm well aware you are just trying to be clever because fats have gotten a bad name over the years through misinformation and sugar focused companies. And any dietitian than recommends ice cream over protein is a nut case. Chicken sandwich with full grain brown bread with lettuce > any shit you can mention.

I'm not saying fat is totally bad, you need some to stop your brain from misfiring and not having any energy to lift the weights. But giving your kid chicken nuggets and taking away the ranch isnt some life saving technique which was the original point. The chicken nuggets are bad in the first place. Its like not putting chocolate sauce on your ice cream and saying smugly "Im on a diet".

Would also love to see your all fats meal planner. What do you have for breakfast that has fat in it that is so wonderful?

I guess thats why people drink melted ice cream in the gaining weight phase just so they can lose it again? You're not making any sense, and I'm well aware you are just trying to be clever because fats have gotten a bad name over the years through misinformation and sugar focused companies. And any dietitian than recommends ice cream over protein is a nut case. Chicken sandwich with full grain brown bread with lettuce > any shit you can mention.

I'm not saying fat is totally bad, you need some to stop your brain from misfiring and not having any energy to lift the weights. But giving your kid chicken nuggets and taking away the ranch isnt some life saving technique which was the original point. The chicken nuggets are bad in the first place. Its like not putting chocolate sauce on your ice cream and saying smugly "Im on a diet".

Would also love to see your all fats meal planner. What do you have for breakfast that has fat in it that is so wonderful?
    The actual fuck are you going on about? Ice cream is bad because it has so many sugars.....carbohydrates. Not because of it's fat content. Jesus lol, I'm actually arguing with someone with a reddit degree.