Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Speak to any dietitian lol. High fat diets are typically recommended because fat keeps you satiated longer than carbs or protein. Meaning people eat less, meaning they consume less calories, meaning they lose more weight. It's okay to be ignorant, just do it quietly.

This is the simple version, but it's true and it's why diets focus on reducing carbs and increasing fats.
    I think you guys might be talking past each other. from what I seen the fundamental problem is many overweight people don't get the key for weight loss is to decrease the calories in and increase the calories spent. I had a couple of co-workers do the various Akins and Keto diets and still couldn't lose weight. Having them add up their calories, they were still eating 2000+ a day and walking a mile for their exercise. Trading bread for bacon only can do so much.

The actual fuck are you going on about? Ice cream is bad because it has so many sugars.....carbohydrates. Not because of it's fat content. Jesus lol, I'm actually arguing with someone with a reddit degree.
    I like how you dont even include any examples and you dont even mention avacardo as an example of good fats. Yup you have no clue and would rather just argue with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I think you guys might be talking past each other. from what I seen the fundamental problem is many overweight people don't get the key for weight loss is to decrease the calories in and increase the calories spent. I had a couple of co-workers do the various Akins and Keto diets and still couldn't lose weight. Having them add up their calories, they were still eating 2000+ a day and walking a mile for their exercise. Trading bread for bacon only can do so much.
    I'm referring to his (incorrect) statement of "Fatty food makes you fat".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I like how you dont even include any examples and you dont even mention avacardo as an example of good fats. Yup you have no clue and would rather just argue with me.
    Literally just go onto google and type "does fatty food make you fat". There are thousands of articles, websites, and books that all agree......they don't.

I'm referring to his (incorrect) statement of "Fatty food makes you fat".
    Yeah see you even got my statement wrong, I was saying "Chicken nuggets are bad for you too"

- - - Updated - - -

Literally just go onto google and type "does fatty food make you fat". There are thousands of articles, websites, and books that all agree......they don't.
    Still cant even give me one example of your meal planner, and you claim to have studied the subject. Im gonna claim bullshit, till you can actually give the most basic of tools any dietitian would have

Yeah see you even got my statement wrong, I was saying "Chicken nuggets are bad for you too"
    And your reasoning for why chicken nuggets were bad for you was "They have a lot of fat". Just admit that you know nothing on the subject.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Still cant even give me one example of your meal planner, and you claim to have studid the subject. Im gonna claim bullshit, till you can actually give the most basic of tools any dietitian would have
    I'm not a dietitian as my career and never claimed to be one lol, I've studied to be one. Decided to pursue other careers. I also don't follow a high fat diet because I have a completely different goal with my diet.

And your reasoning for why chicken nuggets were bad for you was "They have a lot of fat". Just admit that you know nothing on the subject.

I'm not a dietitian as my career and never claimed to be one lol, I've studied to be one. Decided to pursue other careers. I also don't follow a high fat diet because I have a completely different goal with my diet.
    Yes, chicken nuggets are bad because they are high in trans fats which you probably dont even know the difference between the fats and why some are bad for you. I'll give you a clue, its how they were made and how the body cant break it down properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    my 5 year old was just bitching that she didnt get any ranch with her chicken nugs for dinner. i guess she's tried ranch at school, i'll be asking them about that.

i threw the fuckin bottle away.

that's how you beat obesity. don't give your kid bullshit.
    Yeah, you rob your child as to what a good tasting meal is and feed them shit like chicken nuggets for dinner.

Come back to me when you're putting some actual effort into your parenting before you try and act like parent of the year for essentially being a horrible consumer teaching their children that managing their diet is more important than fiscal responsibility.

You know how you beat obesity? Come to the realization that human beings will do whatever they want responsibly or not and that conditioning therapy never works. Your child rebelling in 10 years and buying a coscto sized bottle of ranch is not going to help the problem.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Yes, chicken nuggets are bad because they are high in trans fats which you probably dont even know the difference between the fats and why some are bad for you. I'll give you a clue, its how they were made and how the body cant break it down properly.
    I'm well aware of the differences. Yes, trans fats are bad. And that's also not what you said. You never said the word trans until well after we began discussing this. You said flatly "fats". Basic reading comprehension means you believe that high fat is bad. That's incorrect, which I said. You eventually googled this again to figure out your stance, and came up with trans fats. Which wasn't the discussion.

I'm well aware of the differences. Yes, trans fats are bad. And that's also not what you said. You never said the word trans until well after we began discussing this. You said flatly "fats". Basic reading comprehension means you believe that high fat is bad. That's incorrect, which I said. You eventually googled this again to figure out your stance, and came up with trans fats. Which wasn't the discussion.
    Oh im the one claiming to have studied it? Then magically changed fields when asked for some proof. Ok guy. And I know a lot about nutrition thanks I dont need to prove myself to some guy on the internet that thinks eating fats doesnt make you fat because there are other more potent sources of energy around

Oh im the one claiming to have studied it? Then magically changed fields when asked for some proof. Ok guy. And I know a lot about nutrition thanks I dont need to prove myself to some guy on the internet that thinks eating fat doesnt make you fat because there are other more potent sources of energy around
    It doesn't. High fat/ low carb diets are recommended for weight loss. Get educated or just stay quiet.

With that said, have a great day my ignorant friend. Enjoy being wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you start telling your kid no because they will get fat, you are teaching your kid that not only will you not love them because of their weight but you are setting the kid up for a life long struggle with food and/or an eating disorder. Yes kids should be given healthy foods and shown how to eat a balanced diet but that doesn't mean that you should restrict foods because you're afraid your kid will gain weight because of eating it. That's just as unhealthy as putting a kid on a diet. Having sweets or other "junk" food every now & again won't hurt your child as long as they have it in moderation. That's the key is moderation. Once you start restricting foods, your mind and body start craving it more and more which leads to overeating.

It doesn't. High fat/ low carb diets are recommended for weight loss. Get educated or just stay quiet.

With that said, have a great day my ignorant friend. Enjoy being wrong.
    Still waiting on those examples of good high fat foods. Sure ill be waiting forever.

Deleted
    Parents with obese kids are either too lazy to cook proper food or fat themself, or probably both.

Still waiting on those examples of good high fat foods. Sure ill be waiting forever.
    Pretty much any type of fat thats not hydrogenated and vegetable oils that are not processed

Bacon for example is high in fat and good for you as long as the pig was not fed complete garbage of a diet.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Pretty much any type of fat thats not hydrogenated and vegetable oils that are not processed

Bacon for example is high in fat and good for you as long as the pig was not fed complete garbage of a diet.
    Bacon also has a lot of protein. Not surprised that gives you energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Fat shaming IS good, and it should be generalised to a large scale, hell, in Paris, we have an associate of the mayor who launched an "anti fat shaming day", needless to say that woman is herself a whale.
    Being fat IS NOT ok, the "fat shaming" expression has been created by fat people themselves, who are obviously in their tracks by doing that, because it's purpose is to victimize fat people instead of taking responsabilities of their state.
    The fat people who are triggered about alleged or true fat shaming are the one who pretend they are fine, that being fat is ok, even saying they are "proud" of being fat, and the worst thing is they actualy convince people of the lie that being fat is ok and should be accepted.
    Well no, being fat is not, and will never be acceptable: whenever it's not caused by external causes you can't control (like hormonal causes), being fat is not ok, and it's ok you are being shamed for that, because fat people are gross, distusting, ugly, and more than that: unhealty.
    Obesity is growing more every year, and we have that "anti fat shaming" movement who prone obesity, it's a future full scale health problem in the years to come.
    Do we want a blob-like society were you die from a heart attack at 45 is the norm? Or do we want a society were obesity would and should regarded as it is: bad?
    First of all, being thin doesn't immunize you from chronic disease. Secondly, fat shaming does not work. At it's core, it's verbal abuse (and backfires on emotional eaters).

I've personally never met anyone happy being fat. Frankly, I call BS on anyone who says they are and if they're insistent upon it I'd ask if they've ever been slender. The people wanting to cease fat shaming are those who've tried everything, haven't had success, and have begrudgingly accepted defeat. I don't agree with it, but if despite my best efforts I wasn't able to change something physically about myself and was relentlessly bullied about it I'd be upset and want it to stop too. I can't fault anyone for feeling that way.

Instead of fat shaming we need to be educating because that's what will really make a difference.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Well, if you look at the Keto diets you will get examples of high fat diets, that even people like Lebron james switched to to give him more energy. I think you need to clarify your position a little better on Fats. Fats by themselves aren't the enemy, it's the fact they are over double the calories of carbs and proteins(9 vs 4), that means you need to be aware of the intake because most people exceed their caloric intake.

If you go to bodybuilding.com for example, they have a generic recommendation of either 50%-30%-20% though most do 40%-40%-20%. That's %Protein - %carb - %fats of your caloric intake for the day. In pretty much all models they stick with a hard 20% of your calories should come from fats(ideally good fats). The proteins and carbs are based on bulking and shredding and during shredding the answer is always, "Cut carbs, not fats" The most important thing they stress is figuring your your daily caloric needs and sticking to that budget.

I'm confident I could take any overweight person who doesn't have a special medical condition and put them on a 40-40-20 diet and they would lose weight, even more so if I can get them to stick with a 50-30-20 diet.

Keto and Atkins may have really good results, but of the friends that have tried it, most quit because they didn't want to give up beer and pizza. Later in the spring I plan to give it a try for a while, just so I can check out those Carb withdrawal headaches I keep hearing about.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2018-01-13 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    <------- the point of the post
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    v
    you

The Idea is not to not set limits. But to convey those limits in a way that leads to understanding and teaches self control, over "here's the limit. because I said so"
    "There are limits because i said so, and now i will explain you exactly why - you will thank me later".

Find it appalling to see parents bringing their grossly obese kids to places like McDonald's... it's practically child abuse with ZERO regard to the child's welfare.

The child doesn't know any better... if only such parents were charged for negligence towards the kid's health.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    First of all, being thin doesn't immunize you from chronic disease. Secondly, fat shaming does not work. At it's core, it's verbal abuse (and backfires on emotional eaters).

I've personally never met anyone happy being fat. Frankly, I call BS on anyone who says they are and if they're insistent upon it I'd ask if they've ever been slender. The people wanting to cease fat shaming are those who've tried everything, haven't had success, and have begrudgingly accepted defeat. I don't agree with it, but if despite my best efforts I wasn't able to change something physically about myself and was relentlessly bullied about it I'd be upset and want it to stop too. I can't fault anyone for feeling that way.

Instead of fat shaming we need to be educating because that's what will really make a difference.
    Maybe they are digging their own grave quicker (Irony) to get off this hell we call earth where people feel entitled enough to make fun of others for the way they live and fat shame?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Well, if you look at the Keto diets you will get examples of high fat diets, that even people like Lebron james switched to to give him more energy. I think you need to clarify your position a little better on Fats. Fats by themselves aren't the enemy, it's the fact they are over double the calories of carbs and proteins(9 vs 4), that means you need to be aware of the intake because most people exceed their caloric intake.

If you go to bodybuilding.com for example, they have a generic recommendation of either 50%-30%-20% though most do 40%-40%-20%. That's %Protein - %carb - %fats of your caloric intake for the day. In pretty much all models they stick with a hard 20% of your calories should come from fats. The proteins and carbs are based on bulking and shredding and during shredding the answer is always, "Cut carbs, not fats" The most important thing they stress is figuring your your daily caloric needs and sticking to that budget.

I'm confident I could take any overweight person who doesn't have a special medical condition and put them on a 40-40-20 diet and they would lose weight, even more so if I can get them to stick with a 50-30-20 diet.

Keto and Atkins may have really good results, but of the friends that have tried it, most quit because they didn't want to give up beer and pizza.
    Fats are just like any other energy source, just a slower burning one. So its silly to say eating it doesnt make you fat like some in the thread are. It Doesnt really matter if you eat lots or a little as far as your weight goes as long as you are burning off what you are eating with exercise. cholesterol is where fats really start getting dangerous. Its also harder to lose weight when you are cutting back on protein/carbs and have no energy to move.