Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    So no one responded to my last question

I want to play Zelda BOTW & Maybe Mario Odyssey... Do I buy Nintendo Switch or play on cemu ?
    Long story short just buy a Nintendo Switch.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    So no one responded to my last question

I want to play Zelda BOTW & Maybe Mario Odyssey... Do I buy Nintendo Switch or play on cemu ?
    Switch.

CemU runs MEH at best.

Whats the difference between being taxed right away or being taxed after the principle?
    In Europe we always pay taxes right away, saves the hassle of having to do it once a year?
    Never really understood the US tax system

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Whats the difference between being taxed right away or being taxed after the principle?
    In Europe we always pay taxes right away, saves the hassle of having to do it once a year?
    Never really understood the US tax system
    Because in the US literally nobody enforces you paying unpaid sales tax when you file your yearly taxes. You're technically supposed to, but you will never get in trouble for not doing it.

This is why almost all states are trying to get online stores to charge the tax at point of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Because in the US literally nobody enforces you paying unpaid sales tax when you file your yearly taxes. You're technically supposed to, but you will never get in trouble for not doing it.

This is why almost all states are trying to get online stores to charge the tax at point of purchase.
    Aaah so its; pay right away or 'forget' about it and once in a blue moon the IRS comes knocking on your door for backtaxes?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    there's always an end game? What. There has never not been an end game.
    i dont remember any end game in 64

- - - Updated - - -

Aaah so its; pay right away or 'forget' about it and once in a blue moon the IRS comes knocking on your door for backtaxes?
    theyd have to arrest literally everyone.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Collect all the star's so u could get to Yoshi on top the castle. You only needed like 75 to do the final Bowser fight.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

There wasn't technically an "end game" in 64 because you could do everything before beating Bowser, but you certainly didn't need to 100% the game or even close to fight Bowser. Most of the game was still optional stuff people did after beating bowser, just like it is in SMO.

- - - Updated - - -

If the IRS had anything to do with it things might be different but sales tax is not federal and is done at a state level. States don't have anywhere close to the power of the IRS to enforce rules like that, which is why they started passing legislation to force online stores to charge tax at point of purchase much like they already did long ago for real retail stores.

There wasn't technically an "end game" in 64 because you could do everything before beating Bowser, but you certainly didn't need to 100% the game or even close to fight Bowser. Most of the game was still optional stuff people did after beating bowser, just like it is in SMO..
    thats how most games are though. i dont remember any game that wasnt heavily story based where you had to 100% it to beat it
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

thats how most games are though. i dont remember any game that wasnt heavily story based where you had to 100% it to beat it
    Must of missed the "or even close" part. You only have to do a VERY small portion of SM64 to beat bowser.

Must of missed the "or even close" part. You only have to do a VERY small portion of SM64 to beat bowser.
    and? you only have to do a very small portion of mario odyssey to beat bowser as well. i got like what 500 moons before i beat the game and i think you only need like 100 something.

theres plenty of content in smo. they couldve forgone the end game entirely and it would still be a master class game

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Really Nintendo DLC charges tax.....ffs
    I'm here in Texas and I've always payed taxes when buying game digitally (starting from my first WoW sub back in '09).

It's strange.

- - - Updated - - -

Jtbrig, could your state have just started taxing online purchases at the beginning of the year? It's the only thing I could think of.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/952290814109126656

Fallout official Twitter may be teasing a Fallout game for the Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...ole_on_switch/

Someone on r/NintendoSwitch has spotted a listing for South Park: The Fractured But Whole on Australian retailer Sanity Entertainment's website.

and? you only have to do a very small portion of mario odyssey to beat bowser as well.
    Wow, thanks for proving the exact point, which was most people do most of the content in 3D Mario games after beating the main story. You know, the point you where trying to argue against. GG friend.

Wow, thanks for proving the exact point, which was most people do most of the content in 3D Mario games after beating the main story. You know, the point you where trying to argue against. GG friend.
    I...don't quite get what this has to do with "end games" though to be honest.

I'd say Immitis is right in his claim. There's nothing that's "end game" content in Super Mario 64, while there is content that you can only do after beating Odyssey.

There being no reason to 100% the game doesn't mean there's suddenly more to do after beating Bowser, it's the same exact amount of stuff as before.
    Maybe I'm missing something though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I...don't quite get what this has to do with "end games" though to be honest.

I'd say Immitis is right in his claim. There's nothing that's "end game" content in Super Mario 64, while there is content that you can only do after beating Odyssey.

There being no reason to 100% the game doesn't mean there's suddenly more to do after beating Bowser, it's the same exact amount of stuff as before.
    Maybe I'm missing something though.
    Content most people do after beating the story is still content most people do after beating the story regardless of if it has fake walls blocking you from doing so before hand.

If you could 100% SMO before beating bowser would a very small portion of people do it? Yea, I guess but for almost everyone that would still be "end game" content.

There is nothing technically right about it, you can beat super bosses in JRPGs before beating story that doesn't change the fact most people consider them end game content and something most people do AFTER the fact.

Content most people do after beating the story is still content most people do after beating the story regardless of if it has fake walls blocking you from doing so before hand.

If you could 100% SMO before beating bowser would a very small portion of people do it? Yea, I guess but for almost everyone that would still be "end game" content.

There is nothing technically right about it, you can beat super bosses in JRPGs before beating story that doesn't change the fact most people consider them end game content and something most people do AFTER the fact.
    The difference is super bosses are usually tuned to be far harder than the actual end game boss, so logically you'd still beat the game first if you were going in difficulty order.

Like, Tales of Symphonia, Abysson was far harder than Mithos.

I still disagree even with that honestly, because that's considering normal content now "end game" content, when "end game" has always been used to describe things that are intended to be done only after the game is complete.

I mean, you play Pokemon, and you don't beat every single trainer in every zone, but that doesn't make them end game content after you beat the Elite Four. They're still just the regular content.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with Jester, endgame is something that's not accessible until you're at or near the end of the game.

To put it as a simple WoW analogy, Wailing Caverns is not endgame content even if your first time running it is at max level

Side quests don't become end game because you decide to do it after you beat the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The difference is super bosses are usually tuned to be far harder than the actual end game boss, so logically you'd still beat the game first if you were going in difficulty order.

Like, Tales of Symphonia, Abysson was far harder than Mithos.

I still disagree even with that honestly, because that's considering normal content now "end game" content, when "end game" has always been used to describe things that are intended to be done only after the game is complete.

I mean, you play Pokemon, and you don't beat every single trainer in every zone, but that doesn't make them end game content after you beat the Elite Four. They're still just the regular content.
    Uhh, there is a hell of a lot of optional content in SM64 far harder then Bowser.

Thanks for proving my point once again.

Have fun with this conversation, I have lost enough brain cells over it. End Game content is any content you choose to do after beating main story period. If someone levels to max just to pet battle in WoW, that is their end game. The fact they can pet battle before reaching an artificial level barrier is irrelevant. In fact, games locking content behind story completion is a rather new phenomenon and the term end game has been around far longer then that tactic was popular.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-01-14 at 09:43 AM.

Just seen my Nintendo Switch suprise ready for my birthday, woop woop