Poll: Could you love a Psychopath?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I'll love you if you cook for me.
    Watcha want?

Today, for my own gorging, I made a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast, then for lunch I made a BLT, then for dinner I had a frozen pizza... A couple shots of vodka in there somewhere. It's not always glamorous.

Anyway, I have dated multiple ___paths. It's ultimately about me understanding what they're getting from being with me because I'm also a ____path.

And that works.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2018-01-13 at 06:23 AM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    No, because I don't trust their motivation for romance if it isn't affection and I don't want something fake.
    Hmm interesting, not sure I would call it fake, the way I was framing it was if say someone wanting to dance with you, but they had no legs, similar to that. But thanks for your honest answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Idk, Dexter seemed alright.
    Damn it Winter every single time. Every time, You owe me a new monitor LOL!

"Well Dexter seemed swell"comment I was not prepared.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    That code, man... it’s what separated him.
    I think Jeff Lindsay and James Manos, Jr is what Separated him

Psychopaths remorselessly abuse anyone close to them. You may think you love them, but actually you love a construct in your mind. The best thing to do with a psychopath is to get the fuck away from them and not talk to them ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Psychopaths remorselessly abuse anyone close to them. You may think you love them, but actually you love a construct in your mind. The best thing to do with a psychopath is to get the fuck away from them and not talk to them ever again.

I am NOT meaning this to be a smart ass or insult at all, but is what you are saying from personal experience. I honestly am not disagreeing either, but I do think the topic is pretty interesting.

I also think you are probably right, I am not sure even if a psychopath means to, they can do anything other than mimic emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I am NOT meaning this to be a smart ass or insult at all, but is what you are saying from personal experience. I honestly am not disagreeing either, but I do think the topic is pretty interesting.

I also think you are probably right, I am not sure even if a psychopath means to, they can do anything other than mimic emotions.
    Not from my personal experience, but I've seen what some psychopaths (and related personality disorders) have done to the people close to them through friends and family. I've also read up on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not from my personal experience, but I've seen what some psychopaths (and related personality disorders) have done to the people close to them through friends and family. I've also read up on the subject.
    Ok Gotcha, still seems like prudent wisdom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Watcha want?

Today, for my own gorging, I made a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast, then for lunch I made a BLT, then for dinner I had a frozen pizza... A couple shots of vodka in there somewhere. It's not always glamorous.

Anyway, I have dated multiple ___paths. It's ultimately about me understanding what they're getting from being with me because I'm also a ____path.

And that works.
    I mean, I can cook pretty decently but my own dinner was some frozen broccoli I heated up. Let me day dream :P

OT: No, I draw a line where someone is going to cause extreme strife. Some people are just completely dysfunctional but can improve with professional help and motivation, that's one thing. Being a psychopath is another thing. I'd also rather love someone they way they are, without the huge undertaking, when possible. If that makes sense, I'm tired.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I can cook pretty decently but my own dinner was some frozen broccoli I heated up. Let me day dream :P

OT: No, I draw a line where someone is going to cause extreme strife. Some people are just completely dysfunctional but can improve with professional help and motivation, that's one thing. Being a psychopath is another thing. I'd also rather love someone they way they are, without the huge undertaking, when possible. If that makes sense, I'm tired.
    I think that is understandable, because I think there is the idea of a thing, and then there is the actual thing. I think in turn faking it back probably isn't going to help anything.

I'll cook anything you want, if you're paying for my travel, time, and ingredients.

But, to your comment, I've been in relationships with dysfunctional people. I am one, so I can't complain. Even so, there can be a functional level of respect, admiration, even love in such relationships. If I were to summarize, it would be that two dysfunctional people can agree to be dysfunctional together in an insane world.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'll cook anything you want, if you're paying for my travel, time, and ingredients.

But, to your comment, I've been in relationships with dysfunctional people. I am one, so I can't complain. Even so, there can be a functional level of respect, admiration, even love in such relationships. If I were to summarize, it would be that two dysfunctional people can agree to be dysfunctional together in an insane world.
    FAIR ENOUGH.

Also fair enough, I can agree with that.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Don't Yandere usually break down at the end and try to kill you when they realize you don't match up with their idealized version of you?
    I mean, just don't be a baka and let her love you! Problem solved. If you resist their love because of silly things like her murdering anyone who gets close to you, it will cause your precious Yandere to be angry with you.

Eh, no.

If I wanted a one-way relationship, I'd go out and purchase a plastic cactus. I might have my own issues, but one thing the people around me knows for sure, is that I love them dearly and will ALWAYS be there for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry, the term 'Psychopath' is just too widespread from my knowledge, can you narrow it down?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    I would only love the things he bought me with his billions but never love the man so no I could never love Trump!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am sorry, the term 'Psychopath' is just too widespread from my knowledge, can you narrow it down?
    psy·cho·path
    ˈsīkəˌpaTH/Submit
    noun
    a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.
    synonyms: madman, madwoman, maniac, lunatic, psychotic, sociopath; More
    informal
    an unstable and aggressive person.
    What Is Psychopathy?
    Psychopathy is among the most difficult disorders to spot. The psychopath can appear normal, even charming. Underneath, he lacks conscience and empathy, making him manipulative, volatile and often (but by no means always) criminal. She is an object of popular fascination and clinical anguish: adult psychopathy is largely impervious to treatment, though programs are in place to treat callous, unemotional youth in hopes of preventing them from maturing into psychopaths.

Psychopathy is a spectrum disorder and can be diagnosed only using the 20-item Hare Psychopathy Checklist. (The bar for clinical psychopathy is a score of 30 or more). Brain anatomy, genetics, and a person’s environment may all contribute to the development of psychopathic traits.

The terms “psychopath” and “sociopath” are often used interchangeably, but in correct parlance a “sociopath” refers to a person with antisocial tendencies that are ascribed to social or environmental factors, whereas psychopathic traits are more innate, though a chaotic or violent upbringing may tip the scales for those already predisposed to behave psychopathically. Both constructs are most closely represented in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) as Antisocial Personality Disorder.
    No More no less.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-01-14 at 12:23 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way to understand how I could love such a person, is ask yourself if it was your son or daughter would you still love them? For myself, the answer is yes. But that in itself does not mean you have to be around them and it would be normal to want them to pay for their crimes. If my wife was to suddenly become a psychopath, or it was many years later I found out she was, I would still love her just as much. Love is unconditional that way. I would not be able to live with her anymore of course.

I'll pass. I'm fine with someone having flaws and issues, but completely dysfunctional like psychopath goes way too far for my taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. If her tits were big enough and she put out!

So, the new girl you're seeing right now, Mall, is a tad cray eh? Nicely veiled advice thread