Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    In earlier builds of the 7.3.5 PTR he was in the Alliance's Stormwind embassy. He also banked on the Alliance winning in MoP.

I wouldn't go that far. It could also just be that the reason he is there is part of BfA's plot, so he doesn't actually belong there in 7.3.5.
    that is not all correct.
    Wrathion sided with the horde up until it broke apart then he picked the alliance.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They wouldn't have added him and removed him if he wasn't part of the Alliance gathering allies for an upcoming war. Them removing him is exactly like when they removed him from beta in the Highmountain Zone story. As for MoP he only banked on the Alliance AFTER he tried to get Garrosh to kill everyone and he refused.
    It's possible they simply copy pasted the entire embassy over from internal alpha, and then deleted him after. Or that he is part of the Embassy in 8.0 prepatch or in quests later in the PTR.

They added him for a reason, so I don't think it should just be waved off. It's not like there were any other random characters around in the embassies that were then taken out.

It's possible they simply copy pasted the entire embassy over from internal alpha, and then deleted him after. Or that he is part of the Embassy in 8.0 prepatch or in quests later in the PTR.

They added him for a reason, so I don't think it should just be waved off. It's not like there were any other random characters around in the embassies that were then taken out.
    They removed him for a reason, because he didn't fit and is a neutral character just like Khadgar. Just because something is there because of an overzealous developer doesn't mean it has to mean something. He was there for 1 build, he's been gone for 6 builds, get over it.

It may also just be like Highmountain. They added him, realized it didn't make much sense, or they didn't like it, and then removed him. Lorewise he isn't the dragon from Highmountain, despite it being that way in the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Except it's one character. One character with an odd ability seemingly attributed to their lack of willingness to actually fight. He dies, nobody can rez him anywhere nearly as easily, and it doesn't translate into any other ability they have ever been able to do.

"It's a shitload of power" with one very specific use - Him standing in the middle of a battlefield surrounded by corpses, and not being one of those corpses. It's literally not even that strong of an ability if you actually think about it, since all it does is paint a HUGE ASS RED TARGET on Anduin's back before they bother attacking any other member of the entire Alliance army.

Also, beyond anything else?

The Lich King, canonically, raised his sword above his head and raised an entire army whilst ALSO bending them to his will, all at once.

It's not only not unheard of, but we've heard of even more power. (And before you start with "But but the Lich King was so powerful!" we killed his creator. We're more powerful than the Lich King's creator.
    Necromancy =/= resurrection. The reason every single time somebody in lore uses a mass res it's stated by Blizzard to be "Bringing them back from the brink of death", or "Saving them" rather than "Bringing them back to life". Even doing a fake mass res (what this is) isn't something any random priest can do. When I say it's absurdly strong I mean from a magical standpoint. This isn't something the Light normally deals in, reattaching a soul to it's body (perfectly, so as to not create an undead, mindless or otherwise). Single target rezes are used in incredibly rare cases in the lore, so rare you will actually have major issues finding them, and I'm unsure if there's ever a point where it was used any time after death (beyond like 1 hour?). To have a character suddenly be able to (without ever showing they can ST rez) rez multiple people in the middle of a battlefield instantly is absurd.
    Last edited by Better; 2018-01-14 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is the Horde Arguing?
    Just send in Zappy Boy, he'll one shot the whole Alliance, and have Sylvanas res them as undead...

Anyone "could" do anything "if possible".
    That's what philosophers call an analytic proposition; it's like saying "All bachelors are unmarried."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I mean, the Horde does still have that mega-cannon in Azshara pointed at Stormwind City. Makes me wonder why Sylvanas didn't just blow it sky high instead of burning down Teldrassil.
    Doomsday weapon built with best goblin technology. What could go wrong?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Resurection is already established in lore as not being that difficult. You're just incorrect entirely about the undead part as well, seeing as a large majority of the Forsaken were the 'mindless, soulless undead' you speak of and they were not only able to regain their memories, but many regained their humanity along with it. Meaning, it was always there, they were just mind controlled into not paying attention to it.
    Necromancy in no way is the same as resurrection. For a start it's literally a curse that causes the light to burn you.

Player character resurrection is a kinda strange thing in the lore, we need to be able to do it for gameplay reasons, so a lot of the time it's brushed off as easy. Even in the pally quests they add this text: "Once he has been dead for too long, not even the Light can bring him back to us." (this is the blood elf one, you were gone for maybe 5 minutes.)

In the Borean Tundra quests he was ritualistically killed, and his body was used as an anchor for his spirit to learn about shamanism. This is a really abnormal case, and is one of those things I was talking about in my post where it DOES exist, but is pretty rare.

And yet it's possible, is what you're saying.

In other words, those freshly killed soldiers which were completely off screen and not shown moving whatsoever or alive in any way shape or form, which may indeed have been freshly killed, could very well have been dead an resurrected.

So not only is "It's not canon" not an option, but "They were dead too long" is also not an option.

So entirely possible and not at all clear. Like I said originally.
    To my knowledge nowhere in the lore has a multi-target (Real) resurrection ever happened. Very rarely in the lore a single target res can happen, but even that is done INCREDIBLY sparingly, partly due to resurrections being pretty bad for storytelling. Every single time a mass res has been cast in game, for gameplay reasons Blizzard has stated it was "Bringing them back from the brink of death." Why would they suddenly give a magic that they've had to basically retcon, or reconfirm what's actually happening every single time it's come up to somebody? There's a reason Blizzard keeps resurrection magic away from the story. If a big moment, or tragic moment happens in the lore, and then a priest walks up, and just resurrects the character it largely diminishes the stakes of a story.

Looking further into this, Anduin has kinda rezed Varian, sort of? Again, this is a "Brink of death" situation, as the line above where it happens he's looking at his "dying" father, rather than dead. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...y/varian-wrynn (page 6)
    Even with just a single person being brought back from the brink of death Blizzard describes it; "Suddenly, liquid rays brighter than a thousand suns burst from Anduin's fingertips, penetrating the king's body and painting everything in a brilliant yellow glow. The guards gasped and stepped back, shielding their eyes as Varian's entire being was rocked by an influx of pure light." This isn't terribly different from what happened in the cinematic.
    Last edited by Better; 2018-01-14 at 09:21 AM.

The Alliance gets to keep the Vindicaar? We get to keep that massive space ship that is capable of nuking fel fortified blockades and who knows what else? Cool.

As someone mentioned, we will blast them with azshara canon

10+ Year Old Account
    In earlier builds of the 7.3.5 PTR he was in the Alliance's Stormwind embassy. He also banked on the Alliance winning in MoP.
    That I know, and he banked on the Horde winning in WoD but that didn't get even close to plan.

- - - Updated - - -

People are claiming that from a past ptr build where he was in the Alliance Embassy. They removed him not long after he was in there, meaning it's not true.
    Hence I said claim, most likely trying to repair his story since they didn't develop on him in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Malfurion + Khadgar > all of the Horde leaders
    Khadgar doesn't see himself as an Alliance leader, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

"If."
    -The Horde.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Khadgar is probably the poster boy for "Neutral leader" at this point...
    Probably. But I'd like to see his reaction in the upcoming Alliance vs Horde battle. His best friends(Alleria, Turalyon) are from the Alliance, is he going to do nothing? Time will tell.
    (I know that Blizzard will probably don't do anything with him - like always with other heroes, but yeah, it's nice to speculate)

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Khadgar doesn't see himself as an Alliance leader, though.
    Yes, but he's from Alliance I guess. Sons of Lothar etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yes, but he's from Alliance I guess. Sons of Lothar etc.
    Yes but doesn't make him Alliance when you choose to not be part of it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    Wait, so you think 2 races that yield the 2 primal powers of the universe are inferior to the nightborn
    And how many of them?
    The fact that there were ANY Draenei in the Army is ridiculous in itself. There's no way any draenei survived after Velen fled from Argus, and the ones who did became Argussian (no idea how the broken here are called). But somehow magically they DO have them, but not very much, just a bunch.
    Void elves are also a small group of outcasts.

that btw are not, as you said, any better than any other elf.
    Where did I say anything like that?

That's funny...
    The Highmountain tauren are pretty much the same as the dark iron dwarves, so i'm not even going to count them.
    And Lightforged draenei are pretty much the same as normal draenei since they are already close with the light, so might as well count them out too.

I mean, the Horde does still have that mega-cannon in Azshara pointed at Stormwind City. Makes me wonder why Sylvanas didn't just blow it sky high instead of burning down Teldrassil.
    I mean do we really know if that thing won't just malfunction and blow half of Azshara into dust, and even then Sylvanas will want to rez them into Forsaken, can't do that if they all dust

- - - Updated - - -

If you look through the little view port on it, you see a picture of Stormwind.
    Still it was made by Goblins, odd are there's a 95% chance they blow themselves up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yassy View Post
    Lightforge and vindicaar are counter balanced by Nightbornes chronomancy and their ability to manufacture weapons, train soldiers, age things. Wouldnt be as easy as people make it out to be.

Also notice Anduin’s res spell didnt work on any of the dudes Sylvanas banshee murdered
    You mean the chronomancy that Elisande used, that was powered by the Nightwell, which is now dead

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheimy View Post
    I remember the fear in Varian's eye's when he realized a Troll would be leading the Horde and not a reasonable Thrall as he assumed.
    Wasted potential for Vol'jin, lets hope the Zandalari stroyline gives the Tolls the focus they deserve.
    That wasn't fear, that was realization that the Horde would now be lead by Vol'jin, who Varian knows is a honorable troll chieftain or whatever

- - - Updated - - -

As someone already said, that's headcanon compared to facts. Lets face the reality, they might have the Vindicaar, but now the Horde has masters of Time Manipulation Magic on their side. Besides the fact that Sylvanas could just go banshee and go straight for Anduin and destroy him.

- - - Updated - - -

People are claiming that from a past ptr build where he was in the Alliance Embassy. They removed him not long after he was in there, meaning it's not true.
    That time manipulation magic was powered by the Nightwell, which is now dead

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Anyone "could" do anything "if possible".
    That's what philosophers call an analytic proposition; it's like saying "All bachelors are unmarried."

- - - Updated - - -

Doomsday weapon built with best goblin technology. What could go wrong?
    Fires, Fires Everywhere

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    The Nightwell is not dead yet, they are letting it die.
    I'm pretty sure it's dead by the time BfA comes around at least

10+ Year Old Account
    oh look at your headcannon op so great.

The horde has two of the primary elven forces on azeroth at its side, one with one of the few remaining fonts of the well or eternities power, and another with one of the most powerful magic users on azeroth. The alliance doesn't even have that anymore, with teldrassil burned down.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    That time manipulation magic was powered by the Nightwell, which is now dead
    Which is obviously a false statement they made prior because the updated Suramar City from the Patch, with it being a Horde City now, has time manipulation being used.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hence I said claim, most likely trying to repair his story since they didn't develop on him in Legion.
    I see zero development in just placing him in a building, sitting in a corner, for a single ptr build(before removal) with no dialogue. That isn't development, that's an overzealous developer thinking he's cute.