Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    So you’re just an insufferable edge lord. Gotcha.

Ok guys, let’s get back to actually talking about the topic at hand.
    I find it sort of depressing people get called an edge Lord for not advocating stupidity.

I'm I supposed to have sympathy for the Communist revolts in the Weimar too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You are intentionally ignoring he increased his speed as he approached them. Yes, when ever you speed up with a car to hit someone, it is attempted murder.
    If he wanted to simply kill people, why didn't he mount the pavement like so many trucks of peace do? This is why I don't consider it premeditated. I hardly think this makes me a Nazi.

- - - Updated - - -

If you speed into someone on the road, you are a murderer
    So ANY attempt to break a protest's blockage of a road is murder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    You've hardly given me little discourse. Nobody has discussed this without throwing out petty personal attacks. Even Edge- is now trying to avoid them by going "Oh I just called you a Nazi Sympathizer not a full Nazi"

See, the fundamental point here is, I don't like being called a Nazi.

I am not a Nazi. Nazi to me is an insult, a slur. It implies I like butchering people and I like jackbooted thugs forcing people into one way of thinking.

If I was a Nazi, I wouldn't be so upset people called me a Nazi.
    No, you can act anyway you like online. If it serves your need to pretend the Nazi we are discussing didn’t intend to kill the person he did, when speeding into a crowd. To instead choose to bitch about being called a Nazi... That is what you will do... I am unaware of a mechanism to stop you. No reason to pretend one exists...

Shit... a marathon of black mirror might have been a bad idea...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I'll just assume you called me a Nazi simply because you're avoiding the question then if that's what you assume I am doing.
    Thank you for proving my point. You assume I attacked you because you can't actually prove it, because it's easy, and it allows you to play victim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Personally, I am willing to just trust the people making the case against him. If you're not, then nothing I can say will change your mind since I don't have all the facts they would. We will just have to wait till he is officially found guilty or innocent but given that he was a literal Nazi, I'm guessing it will be one of the easiest cases in history to prosecute.
    I agree the same way. Thank you for the level headed and reasonable responses.

10+ Year Old Account
    So ANY attempt to break a protest's blockage of a road is murder?
    If you ignore me saying ‘speeding up’ again, you are admitting you are a Nazi.

Now... reply to what I said again... go...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Deleted
    No, you can act anyway you like online. If it serves your need to pretend the Nazi we are discussing didn’t intend to kill the person he did, when speeding into a crowd. To instead choose to bitch about being called a Nazi... That is what you will do... I am unaware of a mechanism to stop you. No reason to pretend one exists...

Shit... a marathon of black mirror might have been a bad idea...
    I think you do not understand the difference between Manslaughter via a crime of Passion or Murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree the same way. Thank you for the level headed and reasonable responses.
    This person is disagreeing with you... for him to be guilty, he did murder the girl...

Deleted
    If you ignore me saying ‘speeding up’ again, you are admitting you are a Nazi.

Now... reply to what I said again... go...
    Well, you'd need to speed up to run a protest blockage anyway. Does that mean every attempt is attempted murder?

I find it sort of depressing people get called an edge Lord for not advocating stupidity.

I'm I supposed to have sympathy for the Communist revolts in the Weimar too?
    Go cry about it to someone who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you do not understand the difference between Manslaughter via a crime of Passion or Murder.
    This isn’t a court room... I am using the words I am using intentionally. Similarly how you ignore some of my words... intentionally...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, you'd need to speed up to run a protest blockage anyway. Does that mean every attempt is attempted murder?
    What? Want to refrained that again? You need to speed up to run a protest? Do you mean to disperse? Then no... the speed would only be needed if you want to maximize damage. Otherwise, it’s steel vs flesh... regardless of speed... Try again? Same rules...

Deleted
    This person is disagreeing with you... for him to be guilty, he did murder the girl...
    No, That person is saying he trusts the courts to find the proper discourse, and I agree. I personally do not think it was murder but rather a very stupid act of passion. But if he is tried for Murder, clearly they have more facts than I do.

Funny how we can agree on that, have mildly disagreeing opinions and he doesn't need to insult me or act like a fool.

Almost as if I am reasonable and still seeing this as a discussion, not as an angry emotional debate to browbeat people into submission.

And that implies intent to kill people. Speeding up to run through anyone, implies premeditation. Which is why he got first degree murder charges. EVERY STATE you will get murder charges for running people over like that.

Deleted
    This isn’t a court room... I am using the words I am using intentionally. Similarly how you ignore some of my words... intentionally...

- - - Updated - - -

What? Want to refrained that again? You need to speed up to run a protest? Do you mean to disperse? Then no... the speed would only be needed if you want to maximize damage. Otherwise, it’s steel vs flesh... regardless of speed... Try again? Same rules...
    Well, you'd need to accelerate your car to move forward period after encountering a blockage. Perhaps I am not being honest in my line of questioning. I am pointing out that several times before protesters have often blocked roads, and people have often tried to push past them, ranging from small slow nudges to 10mph pushes of indifference.

At what point is the intent of breaking the blockade murder? Or is it only murder if you intend to KILL and not just escape?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, That person is saying he trusts the courts to find the proper discourse, and I agree. I personally do not think it was murder but rather a very stupid act of passion. But if he is tried for Murder, clearly they have more facts than I do.

Funny how we can agree on that, have mildly disagreeing opinions and he doesn't need to insult me or act like a fool.

Almost as if I am reasonable and still seeing this as a discussion, not as an angry emotional debate to browbeat people into submission.
    Well, no, you are presenting something completely different. You were complaining about being called a Nazi. Did his post do that? His post said that he is probably guilty... you are arguing semantics of his intent. Don’t pretend for a second that’s the same...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And that implies intent to kill people. Speeding up to run through anyone, implies premeditation. Which is why he got first degree murder charges. EVERY STATE you will get murder charges for running people over like that.
    Intent is the core word here. Intent to simply break the blockade and endangering lives to me is reckless manslaughter. Intent to harm is murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, no, you are presenting something completely different. You were complaining about being called a Nazi. Did his post do that? His post said that he is probably guilty... you are arguing semantics of his intent. Don’t pretend for a second that’s the same...
    I think he's guilty of Manslaughter, Period. it is up to the courts to decide if that is murder. And people called me a Nazi for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you'd need to accelerate your car to move forward period after encountering a blockage. Perhaps I am not being honest in my line of questioning. I am pointing out that several times before protesters have often blocked roads, and people have often tried to push past them, ranging from small slow nudges to 10mph pushes of indifference.

At what point is the intent of breaking the blockade murder? Or is it only murder if you intend to KILL and not just escape?
    Called it...

It’s murder when you speed up into a crowd. It’s pretty clearly so... going from point a to point b, is not worth increasing speed of a large metal object into a crowd of meat and bones. This is why people have such a problem of splitting hairs on his attack... You shouldn’t even nudge people blocking roads... it’s idiotic...

Intent is the core word here. Intent to simply break the blockade and endangering lives to me is reckless manslaughter. Intent to harm is murder.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he's guilty of Manslaughter, Period. it is up to the courts to decide if that is murder. And people called me a Nazi for that.
    He very much intended to harm. That is why he left the ONGOING Nazi hate rally, to get into his car to run down 19 people and killing one. Especially when there is 2 cars already there, stopped waiting for people to move.

Deleted
    Called it...

It’s murder when you speed up into a crowd. It’s pretty clearly so... going from point a to point b, is not worth increasing speed of a large metal object into a crowd of meat and bones. This is why people have such a problem of splitting hairs on his attack... You shouldn’t even nudge people blocking roads... it’s idiotic...
    So when people illegally block roads, Is it murder to keep moving, even a nudge?

And finally, is it still murder when those people attack your cars.

Because my intent for these questions is as follows: Where are the rights of the people in the cars to avoid being ganged up on by "Protestors" attacking their cars?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, people were calling you a Nazi, because you support the authoritarian view of driving into crowds. People called you a Nazi, because you were saying it’s not murder, despite the fact that your opinion of manslaughter and their opinion of murder... had little to do with judicial definition of words, but colloquial... yet, you still chose to do it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He very much intended to harm. That is why he left the ONGOING Nazi hate rally, to get into his car to run down 19 people and killing one.
    Well, to me and this I argue. He seemed very intent more on smashing into those other cars than actually killing pedestrians.