Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    The type of muscle and body tissue makes Dogs just a terrible meat period. You need to boil it to the point of cellular breakdown so it becomes a rough messy slop. At that point it basically becomes a low quality mystery meat.

It would honestly be worse than Rat meat.
    I had dog during my months with MSF in Afghanistan. It was chargrilled, and not to bad. I stil greatly prefer pork and beef, though. Makes for a much more pleasent meal. I'd agree, though, that dog probably isn'T for the average consumer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I had dog during my months with MSF in Afghanistan. It was chargrilled, and not to bad. I stil greatly prefer pork and beef, though. Makes for a much more pleasent meal. I'd agree, though, that dog probably isn'T for the average consumer.
    It's not for anyone, You literally had to burn the meat half to a cinder to make it "Not bad"

Mamalian Predator meat is fairly substandard because the Human body is not designed to eat that kind of meat.

Dog meat is literally the realm of poverty and Sadistic intent.

As long as the animal, regardless what species, was bred for the purpose of consumption and well cared for all its life and was humanely killed before it ended up on my plate ...I couldn't care less.
    I have a dog and cat, used to have birds, fish, guinea pigs and other pets. Not ever going to eat someones pet, but if a cat was specifically bred and "farmed" for consumption then I'd try it. Same with dog.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    If you're gonna pull quotes from wikipedia without mentioning other stuff there...

A 2007 survey by the Korean Ministry of Agriculture showed that 59% of Koreans aged under 30 would not eat dog. Some 62% of the same age group said they regard dogs as pets, not food.[33] Many young Koreans think those who eat dog are anachronists.[34]

Convenient to ignore, huh?

I'm not trying to "dog" on my culture, I want the backward shit gone and not associated with it.
    So 40% of 30 and under WOULD eat dog, thats not a small number. What are the numbers of over 30? Im betting higher.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony of a poster such as Shinra of commenting " isnt ot a bit too much"

Hate to say this, but there are puppy farms and such >.>

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    For me they're too sentient. Please don't compare a dog to a cow or a pig
    A pig is actually far more intelligent than a dog. Pigs are on the intelligence level of a 3-4 year old human.

- - - Updated - - -

Those dog eating festivals should 100% be shut down and be illegal though. Just like a pig eating festival where you skin them and boil them alive should be illegal too.

Nothing wrong but they are killed in brutal ways often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong isn't the word I'd use.

The word 'wrong' implies morality. Despite what some here have suggested, the morality of eating a dog is completely subjective.

There is nothing objectively wrong - in a moral sense, anyhow - with eating a dog, or a cat, or a bird; at least, not 'more wrong' than eating a cow or a pig.
    Clearly this is assuming all of the above were raised as livestock; there is an objective morality argument against eating someone's pet, be it a chicken, a dog, or a goat.

With all of that said; have any of you guys ever tried eating dog?
    It sucks. It's gristly and stringy, and as dogs (particularly livestock dogs) are not fatty animals, the meat is generally tough. It has a texture similar to rope. It tastes like pork that is about to cross the border between "maybe okay to eat still" and "you should probably throw this out". To boot, there isn't a great deal of meat on a dog, and dogs take roughly 1 year to reach maturity. That's a long time to get about 3 chicken's worth of meat, when a chicken will cost you a fraction to raise, and can be done in ~8 weeks. Dogs are expensive to feed as well, because their diet requires meat protein. Weigh the costs; you can raise X chickens per every dog you raise. It's not economically viable.

It isn't morally wrong to eat dog. It's just wrong because there are so many other better options out there.

Why do you think it isn't done all over the world? It's not because of the feels; it's because it's economically unsound, the end product is not particularly good even under the best of circumstances, and the fact that other alternatives are superior in virtually every way.

I would eat a gorilla that knew sign language before I ate a dog.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    A pig is actually far more intelligent than a dog. Pigs are on the intelligence level of a 3-4 year old human.

- - - Updated - - -

Those dog eating festivals should 100% be shut down and be illegal though. Just like a pig eating festival where you skin them and boil them alive should be illegal too.
    "Far more". Dog is on par with a 3 years old..a pig on par with a 4 years old and also doesn't give a fuck about humans.

Nah, dog>pig

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    "Far more". Dog is on par with a 3 years old..a pig on par with a 4 years old and also doesn't give a fuck about humans.

Nah, dog>pig
    Dogs are more social because they hunt in packs, has little to do with being more friendly to humans because they like you.

Also scientists have discovered pigs feel empathy, so you cant even say they dont give a fuck about humans either.

I know I have a sick mind, but it can't be possible that I'm the only person who continually reads this thread title as, "What's wrong with eating dong?"

- - - Updated - - -

Dogs are more social because they hunt in packs, has little to do with being more friendly to humans because they like you.

Also scientists have discovered pigs feel empathy, so you cant even say they dont give a fuck about humans either.
    Dogs are cool people. One night my roommate's dog woke me up and started crying. I thought, that's not usual, so I got out of bed. Turns out my roommate was collapsed in the hallway. Dog knew she needed help.

Pigs are very much that smart. I haven't had exactly that experience with a pig, but I have told a pig words in English and the pig nodded and walked away. It was about minding the fence.

In any case, humans are omnivores. We're obligate omnivores. I have been served dog, but I do not choose to eat it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Dogs are cool people. One night my roommate's dog woke me up and started crying. I thought, that's not usual, so I got out of bed. Turns out my roommate was collapsed in the hallway. Dog knew she needed help.

Pigs are very much that smart. I haven't had exactly that experience with a pig, but I have told a pig words in English and the pig nodded and walked away. It was about minding the fence.

In any case, humans are omnivores. We're obligate omnivores. I have been served dog, but I do not choose to eat it.
    Dogs are very cool. I'm not saying they are stupid. Just saying pigs are more intelligent so staytuned comments of "For me they're too sentient. Please don't compare a dog to a cow or a pig" is silly when pigs are just as sentient if not more so.

I think the subject is kind of pointless anyway because I view intelligence differently in the animal kingdom. Humans have no right to claim they fully understand the workings of a dolphin for example because their entire reality is completely different. We are land creatures restricted to the ground and we act like we know how a brain that travels in the ocean in any direction with sonar works. Its apples to oranges.

And if it was unclear, Im against eating dog. Apart from the fact its cruel there are far more nutritional meats available. Theres no reason to eat dog in the current market.

Humans have no right to claim they fully understand the workings of a dolphin for example because their entire reality is completely different. We are land creatures restricted to the ground and we act like we know how a brain that travels in the ocean in any direction with sonar works. Its apples to oranges..
    Yet we're fine eating shark, maybe because they're the definition of predator with no redeeming quality?

Meanwhile, we eat squid, and they have demonstrated exceptional intelligence.

To be clear, I'm not arguing with you. However, we can look around the world. Goats are also highly intelligent, yet they are among the most consumed meats in the world, above pork.

Yet we're fine eating shark, maybe because they're the definition of predator with no redeeming quality?

Meanwhile, we eat squid, and they have demonstrated exceptional intelligence.

To be clear, I'm not arguing with you. However, we can look around the world. Goats are also highly intelligent, yet they are among the most consumed meats in the world, above pork.
    Eh shark isnt that Kosher, theres just some certain countries that will eat anything in the ocean. Sharks like whale are bad to eat because they are so high up on the food chain its literally taking a gamble every bite as to what you might be getting from that sharks diet.

Squid and goat are intelligent sure. But we need protein from somewhere at the end of the day. As long as the animal is put down quickly and not made to suffer you cant be too judgemental. These places that eat dog though also skin them and boil them alive to get a certain taste out of the meat, its fucked.

Squid and goat are intelligent sure. But we need protein from somewhere at the end of the day. As long as the animal is put down quickly and not made to suffer you cant be too judgemental. These places that eat dog though also skin them and boil them alive to get a certain taste out of the meat, its fucked.
    I drop squid or octopus into boiling water while they are alive. Difference?

I'll actually answer that question. They aren't animals I'd allow into bed with me. That's it.

Again, I'm not arguing with you. The protein question is important, and squid are perhaps the cheapest and most sustainable source of protein we have. Just be careful, because they might be studying us, and they might have a plan to steal our space program and colonize worlds before us. I'm kidding, not kidding.

I drop squid or octopus into boiling water while they are alive. Difference?

I'll actually answer that question. They aren't animals I'd allow into bed with me. That's it.

Again, I'm not arguing with you. The protein question is important, and squid are perhaps the cheapest and most sustainable source of protein we have. Just be careful, because they might be studying us, and they might have a plan to steal our space program and colonize worlds before us. I'm kidding, not kidding.
    You could always use a knife to quickly cut their central nervous system and kill them efficiently without spoiling the meat you know. Unless you enjoy throwing them into boiling water alive? Because I cant think of why you would. It doesnt improve the meal in any way.

Eh shark isnt that Kosher, theres just some certain countries that will eat anything in the ocean. Sharks like whale are bad to eat because they are so high up on the food chain its literally taking a gamble every bite as to what you might be getting from that sharks diet.

It's because they treat Shark Poorly and overfish Shark.

But let's not get high in Moral here about Chinese overfishing Sharks without talking about Carlos Rafael the Codfather and how he owns and manipulates the rules and regulations of fisheries and rules the industry by abusing fishing laws such as over fishing and also the treatment of Fisherman's jobs and owns pretty almost all of the U.S. Fisherman and Fisheries.

Or how the U.S. kill baby chickens.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-01-14 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I would eat a gorilla that knew sign language before I ate a dog.
    I'm curious...why?

Resident Cosplay Progressive