Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    All 4 of the main races of Legion should have become the 3rd faction. It would have made BFA even more exciting to look forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    But it is coming from Alliance, which was my point and why it's so odd.

Haven't seen many threads where Horde players complain about "losing Void Elves", but Alliance players have been complaining since Blizzcon about "losing Nightborne elves to the Horde" and how it's "unfair" or the Nightborne reasoning is "ridiculous" and such. o.O
    You think it's unreasonable that both sides want a new race with the insane amount of care and development put into them as the Nightborne? Especially when one side just gets a bunch of Void Elves living on a rock without any architecture of their own. It's a great example of Blizzard's usual treatment of new races being added. Horde gets the race with effort and history, Alliance gets something they retcon together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankrave View Post
    Carefully, logics don't work with Hordies, cuz "hurr-durr for teh horde"
    Hihih

exactly what I see most the time when talking with them.

Anyway the reasons are rediculous.
    However, gameplay wise I can unerstand why Blizz wanted to switch the elves over. The reasons are just so totally stupid, that you can't take them anyway seriously.

Also Nightborn as an arcane culture was extremely impressed by Dalaran and that is a human city. So considering their arcane history they would have perfectly fit within the human, magical culture.
    The only magic the Horde is cappable of, is making the air stink. Sort of.

I'm not really mad the Nightborn will be a Horde race, that's totally fine for me, but they could have come up with a better reasoning than that. Considering how many people are working at Blizzard.

personally as an alliance player im ok with us getting void elves. hell im even making 2. this new race has great potential imho. but then again i would have prefered no more elves in game.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    personally as an alliance player im ok with us getting void elves. hell im even making 2. this new race has great potential imho. but then again i would have prefered no more elves in game.
    Yeah Void Elves is fine really. I am sure they will get some development/story in BfA. Race-changing one of each of the new allied races, except Dark Iron Dwarf. At least two Nightborne(maybe 3) and a Void Elf. Thanks blizz for WoW-tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    I'm not really mad the Nightborn will be a Horde race, that's totally fine for me, but they could have come up with a better reasoning than that. Considering how many people are working at Blizzard.
    Same here. I don't rly give a damn about it, I'd rather have Void Elves and Lightforged, given that we are going to have a lot of Void vs Light theme development in the future perspective. So both races are prolly going to have a huge impact storywise. Can't say the same about Highmountain and Nightborne, their story is long overdue and dried out through Legion campaign.
    Hence Horde lovers' comments about "Alliance being salty" etc amuse me greatly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna laugh my ass off seeing Horde be 90% elves next expansion, a proud warrior faction which should mostly consist of Orcs, Tauren and Trolls that value fighting prowess, blood, honor and all that stuff and it still bothers me how they're all ok with it, especially Sylvanas being the new warchief.

In the mean time we're getting holy space goats, goth elves and dwarves with flaming fucking beards.

"...b-but Tyrande said some bad things to us "
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    yeap. I mean that void elf will literally be killing blood elves, when basically half an expansion ago, if an alliance player happened upon them it would be a wham bam thank you maam.
    Not 100% sure on this one. We know they were exiled but when don't know when they were exiled afaik. It could've been before the Blood Elves joined the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Also Nightborn as an arcane culture was extremely impressed by Dalaran and that is a human city. So considering their arcane history they would have perfectly fit within the human, magical culture.
    The only magic the Horde is cappable of, is making the air stink. Sort of.
    Ignoring all of the shamanistic magic that horde excels at.
    You know that the Horde has Blood Elves right? And they're pretty good at magic, right?
    Dalaran is also neutral once more, you know, the entire reason Jaina stormed off to pout to her mom?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Ignoring all of the shamanistic magic that horde excels at.
    You know that the Horde has Blood Elves right? And they're pretty good at magic, right?
    Dalaran is also neutral once more, you know, the entire reason Jaina stormed off to pout to her mom?
    I remember them being impressed with Blood elves, I remember them wanting to see Silvermoon, I do not remember them talking about Dalaran, so I guess I have to read through quests again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I'm gonna laugh my ass off seeing Horde be 90% elves next expansion, a proud warrior faction which should mostly consist of Orcs, Tauren and Trolls that value fighting prowess, blood, honor and all that stuff and it still bothers me how they're all ok with it, especially Sylvanas being the new warchief.

In the mean time we're getting holy space goats, goth elves and dwarves with flaming fucking beards.

"...b-but Tyrande said some bad things to us "
    This is actually true. However since Nightborne and Bloodelves are pretty much identical beside skin color, I doubt the people who didn't play Belfes yet, will switch over to shelves.

I for myself am pretty happy that they didn't water down Night elves by giving the Alliance Nightborne, so I'm very happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    Shhh, you're going to awaken the sha of envy in the alliance.
    Such power cannot be contained. It must be UNLEASHED!

/envy
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Also, don't forget that the Horde get two new cities out of the deal while the Alliance gets a spaceship and a void version of the warlock order hall. Horde also get two new druids while Alliance gets no new druids.

Seems like someone is pressing down on one side of the scales to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Room V View Post
    Also, don't forget that the Horde get two new cities out of the deal while the Alliance gets a spaceship and a void version of the warlock order hall.
    The Horde doesn't get two new cities. They get a small section of Suramar and Thunder Totem, and they have no bank, transmog, auction house and the npcs are faction neutral. The only thing that makes it "Horde" is a portal to Orgrimmar.

Horde also get two new druids while Alliance gets no new druids.
    Well, so far the extra druids the Horde gets are "pick your flavor of Tauren/Troll"

What Alliance allied races that could roll druid would you like to see? Wildhammer Dwarves, Furbolgs and Kaldorei Worgen are the only ones I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    The Horde doesn't get two new cities. They get a small section of Suramar and Thunder Totem, and they have no bank, transmog, auction house and the npcs are faction neutral. The only thing that makes it "Horde" is a portal to Orgrimmar.
    Fair enough, they aren't functional cities so much. However, as far as the lore goes they most certainly get the cities.

Well, so far the extra druids the Horde gets are "pick your flavor of Tauren/Troll"

What Alliance allied races that could roll druid would you like to see? Wildhammer Dwarves, Furbolgs and Kaldorei Worgen are the only ones I can think of.
    Wildhammers would be awesome. Maybe Vrykul, but I'm not sure if any have been druids in WoW. Certainly, shapeshifting is arguably the central magic theme in all real-world viking sagas, so I could see it being the same in WoW. Like how Loki turns into an otter or how Sigurd and Sigmund can shapeshift into wolves. Even the dragon Fafnir is actually a shapeshifter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    That won't change how much Garrosh did wrong. Which was a lot, including but not limited to going to that place in the first place.
    He didn't though. If you consider his position as a military commander, most everything he did was strategically sound.

Theramore was an enormous Alliance port used to ferry forces to Kalimdor from EK with the expressed purpose of landgrabbing, see the 2(!) forts in the barrens - meanwhile I don't see any horde bases in Loch Modan or Westfall which are similarly close to Alliance capitals.

The increased presence in Ashenvale is natural seeing as how it's the only source of resources Orgrimmar has close by, other than Azshara which isn't as rich.

And then we have the disloyalty of the traitor factions stoked by the arch traitor Thrall. Garrosh was set upon from the getgo by the trolls and tauren questioning his every decision without so much as a thought to the inter faction stability. They just added to Garrosh's already considerable burden to carry all the troubles of the horde on his shoulders.

Garrosh did what he had to, to ensure the survival of the Horde in general and the Orcs in particular. The only person standing by him was Sylvanas and she's batshit crazy at the best of times and absolutely, balls to the walls mental most other times.

Garrosh did nothing wrong.

Wut? The races in the AA still retain all of their cultures. It's more about the fact that those who have radically different ideals don't join the AA in the first place. The Night elves and the Draenei practically hold the same moral values as the humans, gnomes and dwarves. For example, none of them values war and glory in battles as an important value.

People are confused by the treatment of other races in the AA having much less spotlight than Human with the fact that they are somehow homogenized into human culture in the actual story. The two are different things.

Not to mention the political power of the horde is far more centralized than the AA.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2018-01-14 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Wut? The races in the AA still retain all of their cultures. It's more about the fact that those who have radically different ideals don't join the AA in the first place. The Night elves and the Draenei practically hold the same moral values as the humans, gnomes and dwarves. For example, none of them values war and glory in battles as an important value.
    They don't seem to, to me. Night Elves in particular had their entire ethos from WC3 neutered so they could fit into the Alliance.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

People seem to be missing the fact that nightborne are way more similar to blood elves than they are to night elves. Yes, Thalyssra and others were night elves once, but they were still living by the old highborne ways. The night elves in Kalimdor abandoned this to become more druidic, but the blood elves are still that way too. So culturally, the nightborne and blood elves are incredibly similar and yet vastly different to the night elves.

Meanwhile so many people are clinging to the fact that they saw a cinematic this one time where Thalyssra was a night elf, plus they have 'night' in the name, therefore clearly the nightborne should join the Alliance! /s

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    They don't seem to, to me. Night Elves in particular had their entire ethos from WC3 neutered so they could fit into the Alliance.
    Not sure what part you are talking about. Their whole culture is prety much the same except they are not separated from the rest of the world anymore. The priestesses, the druids keep on doing what they have been doing since forever. Malfurion and his followers for example are as aloof and disconnected as ever. The ideals celebrated by the AA also don't conflict with the ideals of the night elves one bit.

This is why I said people are confused. They say what you said but fail to cite any example.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2018-01-14 at 01:46 PM.