Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumicide View Post
    True. Correction: women in CS rose until 1984, when computer science started being branded as a male profession.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...stopped-coding

There's zero constitutional/legal protection for your personal politics and it is therefore totally legal to fire someone for whatever they happen to believe in politically. Arguing that it shouldn't be legal to do so is a very far left position for an American, and a blatant attempt to expand the role of government and reduce the independence of corporations at the expense of their freedom of speech. It's also hypocritical as all getout. If homosexuality is a choice, and I should be able to refuse them service, then I sure as shit aught to be able to refuse you employment for your political choices. You can't have it both ways whiny, white libertarians. You can't just have the government swoop in a rescue you every time it turns out you're not actually John Galt.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    nobody can be this ignorant on accident

you are a very sad person

incase you have had a stroke its the person that has made a claim that needs evidence or a reason why they have made that claim
    And I'm fine with doing that. I have done that countless times here (no one ever actually acknowledges my sources, but that's a different matter entirely). What I'm requesting is what kind of evidence you would consider to meet this standard.

Let's try a hypothetical. Let's say (again, hypothetically), I find a quote of him saying something like "women are inferior cunts whose only purpose for existing is pleasuring men". What guarantee do I have that you won't deny this as misogynistic? Without you having established a baseline for what is considered bigoted, there's nothing stopping you from denying literally anything I quote meets this standard, no matter how damning.

There are only two reasons you would refuse this request.

1. Your standards are impossibly high, and expressing them explicitly will show that any consensus is impossible.
    2. You have no standards and seek to, instead, waste my time by refusing to acknowledge any provided evidence.

Either way, you know that you cannot establish a reasonable baseline for evidence that would prove this claim, because such a baseline would be easily met. Right now, I don't need to provide evidence, as your refusal to comply with a fair request is telegraphing both the damningness of what he wrote, and your intentions behind questioning it. That's all the evidence I need.

once the claim has evidence "a quote" we can move onto the next step

there is a very very high chance people just "disagree" with what he has said and can't quote anything offensive

they are using labels like racist or sexist to justify bullying and abusing a innocent person

the end you .....
    Maybe what people disagree with is racism and sexism? Ever consider that?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Maybe what people disagree with is racism and sexism? Ever consider that?
    Saying "people are different" and then qualifying how and in which parameters exactly they are different isn't racism or sexism by itself.

"Women are more neurotic, and so we should not employ women! There are enough men anyway!" - sexism.
    "Women are more neurotic, and so we should improve our company and reduce things that might cause them undue stress" - not sexism.

Women are not men; that's the entire point of diversity-seeking.
    Saying that women need absolutely no special accommodations because men didn't in the same place - can be sexism too. Those special accommodations don't necessarily have to be in hiring process, however.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-01-14 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Saying "people are different" and then qualifying how and in which parameters exactly they are different isn't racism or sexism by itself.

"Women are more neurotic, and so we should not employ women! There are enough men anyway!" - sexism.
    "Women are more neurotic, and so we should improve our company and reduce things that might cause them undue stress" - not sexism.

Women are not men; that's the entire point of diversity-seeking.
    Saying that women need absolutely no special accommodations because men didn't in the same place - can be sexism too. Those special accommodations don't necessarily have to be in hiring process, however.
    Most of what make certain people different from others is social conditioning, not biological differences.

Most of what make certain people different from others is social conditioning, not biological differences.
    But not all that makes people different.

Why not see people fully as both their social and biological "roles"? Why one must necessarily supersede another?

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Maybe you should move to a place where white males don't exist. Plenty of African slums for you to move to, i'm sure they'd love your enriching "social commentary" about the evils of da white devil.
    What the hell is your point here? My next line literally makes your whole post invalid. You're the typical right person... over in a fuss and just bitching about any and everything while ignoring what I said. While also instantly equating all of Africa to a slum, nice subtle racism.

btw your coming across as a male "nice guy" feminist if you don't know what that is maybe you should look it up
    Well I know what crap you've been reading lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Isn't the thing with James that he said men and women are different, and people freaked out??

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Isn't the thing with James that he said men and women are different, and people freaked out??
    I mean, if you want to abstract what he said to the point of absurdity, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

you are willfully ignorant

its not a hypothetical either he said something that can be considered offensive and can be quoted or he didn't

this is reality
    I'm starting to think you're either don't understand what my issue is, or you're pretending not to. Either way, I've made my point as clear as can possibly be made. You can either elaborate on what you would personally consider to be irrefutable evidence of bigotry, or you can admit that your intentions are, at best, insincere. I'm not picky on what choice you make.

btw your coming across as a male "nice guy" feminist if you don't know what that is maybe you should look it up
    By...questioning your motives?

I mean, if you want to abstract what he said to the point of absurdity, sure.
    I guess I'll have to google what he said, sometime, to remember. I am real lit atm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    mostly the Alt-Right, in fact the only reason why it got so much attention are Anti-SJW's and the Alt-Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Maybe white conservative men should stop saying dumb shit which is causing them to rub people the wrong way?

White liberal men surely have no problem getting hired.
    white liberal men have little pride,. they call themselves "white boy" "cracker", "honkey" and laugh like its funny but everybody else is really laughing at them. they literally gave their own country away and now you have this call to replace white males everywhere. in 20 years from now they will wonder how it got so bad so quick and i will be here... to laugh and be like i told ya so!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    If you're one of the people that believe white males are being discriminated against, I feel really sorry for you.
    on this forum they are the most discriminated against. USA followed by straight white male. constantly bashed on these forums.

I swear posters here are indistinguishable from Russian bots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    white liberal men have little pride,. they call themselves "white boy" "cracker", "honkey" and laugh like its funny but everybody else is really laughing at them. they literally gave their own country away and now you have this call to replace white males everywhere. in 20 years from now they will wonder how it got so bad so quick and i will be here... to laugh and be like i told ya so!

- - - Updated - - -

on this forum they are the most discriminated against. USA followed by straight white male. constantly bashed on these forums.

Discriminated against by who? This forum looking at the analytics available is like 88 percent white.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's only playing the race/politics card because he knows that if he used the argument he had been using "The fired me for writing my manifesto!" he'd get thrown out of court on his ass. "Right to work" laws mean shit like the "books or writing you do in your free time" are within a company's right to fire you over. Like this forum post. My boss could fire me over this, he doesn't give a shit about this kind of stuff so he won't, but it's within the law for him to do so.

I think the guy got a raw deal, but that's the only thing right to work laws will ever give employees: a raw deal.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    He's only playing the race/politics card because he knows that if he used the argument he had been using "The fired me for writing my manifesto!" he'd get thrown out of court on his ass. "Right to work" laws mean shit like the "books or writing you do in your free time" are within a company's right to fire you over. Like this forum post. My boss could fire me over this, he doesn't give a shit about this kind of stuff so he won't, but it's within the law for him to do so.

I think the guy got a raw deal, but that's the only thing right to work laws will ever give employees: a raw deal.
    As far as I know, California isn't a right to work state.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    As far as I know, California isn't a right to work state.
    It isn't one. So, we have another wonderful talking point for this situation.

i haven't been reading anything
    You don't say lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Discriminated against by who? This forum looking at the analytics available is like 88 percent white.
    I won't comment on the content of his claim, but are you aware of the term "Uncle Tom"? It's possible a black person can be racist against other black people. Likewise white people can be racist against other white people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Cali does not have “right to work” he also has legal grounds for a wrongful termination suit. At least in CA
    California has the right to terminate you for a good number of reasons, even if they're not an anti-union right-to-work state.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. Whether he has legal grounds will be determined by the court, not his attorney.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.