Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc66337a3447; 2018-09-17 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Severed tentacles respond to stimuli, which suggests at least some sort of nervous system in the appendage itself.
    You ever get one where you're not sure if you're holding it, or it's holding you?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    You can do the same with dogs.
    Yeah except they dont because they enjoy the taste of the meat after its been skinned alive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Every single person misses the point on an emotional and logical level and are a reason why Stupid Opinions need to be shut down.

There is not a single logical or emotional argument for eating dog. Ever.
    What's the logical argument for eating cow?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Meh... Irrelevant petitions are irrelevant.

On topic though: nothing. Most people treat every individual animal differently, e.g., if a pig is raised as a pet, it's treated as a pet and we don't normally eat pets, but if it's raised on a farm for its meat, skin or whatever, it's treated as livestock.

Same goes for horses, rabbits, cows, and in some countries dogs.

On a side note, it's funny how people say that dogs are too sentient and can't be compared to pigs, while bigs are as intelligent as or even more intelligent than dogs and are one of the most intelligent domesticated animals
    I mean the reason why it's taboo is because the majority of pet ownsers are commonly are Dog and Cat owners.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's wrong, however that particular case is more like an objection to animal torture than an objection to eating a kind of meat.

I think it also really bothers people because of how much we as a species have domesticated dogs. Dogs are service animals, companions, hell even defenders. Dogs are probably humanity's best friend on this planet. It is in most species' genes at this point to trust people and serve people. To many including me it's an unsettling betrayal of trust to kill them, especially in horrible ways like boiling them alive.

You can say what you want about pigs and cows but the truth is that neither of those species are as loyal and obedient as dogs are, and neither of them have such a long history with us. It's not just a western thing, all across the globe you can see people living alongside dogs. Personally as long as it's done humanely I don't necessarily find the idea of eating dog abhorrent but I do find the idea of torturing dogs abhorrent.

If you have a choice, you typically don't want to eat carnivorous mammals or even worse scavengers, which is pretty much what dogs are. The meat isn't as tasty. Otherwise, from a moral stand point, there's no difference in eating a dog than there is in eating a rabbit or a pig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    You ever get one where you're not sure if you're holding it, or it's holding you?
    Yeah, they like to grasp fingers, that's for sure.

I also had one try to wiggle off the prep table - discover that there was nothing but air in front of it - and then "nope nope nope" back onto the cutting board.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was a dog farm and dog meat was handled in the same way we handle cow meat, yeah sure who cares.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Yeah, they like to grasp fingers, that's for sure.

I also had one try to wiggle off the prep table - discover that there was nothing but air in front of it - and then "nope nope nope" back onto the cutting board.
    I was working on a special once on one cold table. I'd broken down an octopus to test, my plan was to grill it. Had a couple arms hanging out while I was working on something else. So I'm on the other cold table prepping some trinity when one of the octopus arms crawls over and gets into my bowl of shrimp shells.

Happened, no video, sorry.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

If we are going to eat dogs may as well say fuck it and eat people as well. If you are going to be a piece of shit savage than go all the way you know? For what it is worth I don't have a problem with people eating dog that was already dead, or about to die. Big difference between not wasting meat thats going to decompose anyway and killing something as glorious as a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    If we are going to eat dogs may as well say fuck it and eat people as well. If you are going to be a piece of shit savage than go all the way you know? For what it is worth I don't have a problem with people eating dog that was already dead, or about to die. Big difference between not wasting meat thats going to decompose anyway and killing something as glorious as a dog.
    LOL
    You act like eating dogs is some form of a Gateway to make it acceptable to eat humans. But good logic

Since I ate some chicken today I can eat a human now too thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say it's wrong, however that particular case is more like an objection to animal torture than an objection to eating a kind of meat.

I think it also really bothers people because of how much we as a species have domesticated dogs. Dogs are service animals, companions, hell even defenders. Dogs are probably humanity's best friend on this planet. It is in most species' genes at this point to trust people and serve people. To many including me it's an unsettling betrayal of trust to kill them, especially in horrible ways like boiling them alive.

You can say what you want about pigs and cows but the truth is that neither of those species are as loyal and obedient as dogs are, and neither of them have such a long history with us. It's not just a western thing, all across the globe you can see people living alongside dogs. Personally as long as it's done humanely I don't necessarily find the idea of eating dog abhorrent but I do find the idea of torturing dogs abhorrent.
    You can easily Domesticate Pigs as well as other animals these days. Also Domesticated Pigs are normally bred to be much smaller for pet owners.

Because people like to think you can kill and eat anything as long as it isn't cute
    Tbh I'd try dog though. Idc how humane the slaughtering was. Almost everybody here still eats pork, beef and chicken, despite how the animal was raised and slaughtered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    The logic behind this is just absolutely apeshit retarded
    Can replace the word "dog" with any other animal and sound just as fucking stupid.
    The more comments I see like this, the more it pushes me to finding out what dog tastes like, just to spite

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Because people like to think you can kill and eat anything as long as it isn't cute
    Tbh I'd try dog though. Idc how humane the slaughtering was. Almost everybody here still eats pork, beef and chicken, despite how the animal was raised and slaughtered.
    The logic behind this is just absolutely apeshit retarded
    Can replace the word "dog" with any other animal and sound just as fucking stupid.
    The more comments I see like this, the more it pushes me to finding out what dog tastes like, just to spite
    Take a chill pill and go for a long walk before you start killing dogs for fun please

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Take a chill pill and go for a long walk before you start killing dogs for fun please
    I eat chicken. Does that make me a psycho who murders birds for fun? Where is your logic? I swear logic just goes down the drain when it fucking comes to muts with you people. They're animals. Nothing more, nothing less.
    They don't love you. They see you as their source for survival. They need you because you're the only fucking thing in their life thanks to years of ripping their species out of the wild and throwing them into a kennel.

I eat chicken. Does that make me a psycho who murders birds for fun? Where is your logic? I swear logic just goes down the drain when it fucking comes to muts with you people. They're animals. Nothing more, nothing less.
    They don't love you. They see you as their source for survival. They need you because you're the only fucking thing in their life thanks to years of ripping their species out of the wild and throwing them into a kennel.
    You realize most of the protests against dog festivals is because they keep dogs trapped in crowded cages for weeks, traveling long distance to skin them alive and throw them into boiling water? Not because they eat them, this thread is badly worded from the start. Do you do that to chickens as well? Then yea you are a psycho with no empathy.

And yes being the provider of food is a big deal for pets. But you can make a connection with any animal that goes beyond being a provider and can be very meaninful for both parties. I mean dogs have literally died from stress after their owners have past on. They didnt go out to look for more food. They died from trauma from losing their human, and there are many cases of this happening all over the world. Chill out man

combined with

is

Last edited by szechuan; 2018-01-14 at 08:33 AM.

You know it's gonna be a shitpost when you enter the thread and cant read the OP due to the OP being on your ignore-list!

/carries on...

And thats a fine way to think, but why stop at humans? They are animals too, nothing more certainly. Love is just a chemical in the brain, infact dogs release the same chemical when they look at humans they have bonded with as humans look at their kids. So some humans would die for you, big deal. Dogs will often do that too so its not a big deal. Is it the opposable thumb thats holding you back? Can always just not eat that part.

Just what is it about humans that you will not eat them too?

15+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with eating humans?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!