15+ Year Old Account
    When they stop talking about the football game, the game is over.

- - - Updated - - -

Does Bill wear that cover over his mouth not because he is cold but so people can't read his lips?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Awwww feck. Patriot down. NOn contact injury.

- - - Updated - - -

Jon Jones. 3rd/4th CB and core special teamer. That sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Bill challenging a play up 28 with 4 min left. Bill pls. I want to go to bed at a reasonable time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously Bill? Some of us want to sleep.

You're 35 to 7 up and this game was done ages ago, don't throw that shit man.

Edit: Get out of my head Xskarma.

10+ Year Old Account
    And of course he lost it too.

Just hoping we get out of here without further injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Missed facemask call on whatever that 4th down was though.

It's those inconsistencies that make games hard to watch.
    You mean the defender that was being held by 2 guys? At worst that was a replay of downs. 2 missed calls on the same play, it's a play on. You don't get to whine about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    You mean the defender that was being held by 2 guys? At worst that was a replay of downs. 2 missed calls on the same play, it's a play on. You don't get to whine about it.
    Of course you get to complain about it, replay the down then. But if we're calling hands to the faces that are questionable, you don't get to miss clear facemasks.

Of course you get to complain about it, replay the down then. But if we're calling hands to the faces that are questionable, you don't get to miss clear facemasks.
    It was a clear holding they missed. So that's not a relevant play. It also had literally no effect on the outcome. He was about to get tackled whether that hand was there or not. Missed calls happen, if you don't like that and are going to complain about all of them, watch sitcoms instead of sports lol. Patriots had a few calls in their favor today, absolutely. But none of those were going to allow the Titans into this game. They couldn't stop the pass rush, they couldn't get any meaningful offense going after Q1, and they couldn't get to Brady. But none of that will stop the haters from complaining that the Pats got the benefit of three 50/50 calls in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game was competitive still at that point, without that string of questionable calls, at worst it's still 7-7. It took all the wind out of Tennessee's sails, and we've all seen time and again what happens when Brady gets a second chance.

Saying that it's not relevant when at worst they would get a second shot on 4th down to run a less awful play is flippant at best. Blown officiating calls killed off a competitive game early, sure it's also on the Titans who let it get to them and lost their drive in the game, but it's cause and effect.

The game was competitive still at that point, without that string of questionable calls, at worst it's still 7-7. It took all the wind out of Tennessee's sails, and we've all seen time and again what happens when Brady gets a second chance.

Saying that it's not relevant when at worst they would get a second shot on 4th down to run a less awful play is flippant at best. Blown officiating calls killed off a competitive game early, sure it's also on the Titans who let it get to them and lost their drive in the game, but it's cause and effect.
    They are professional athletes. If they get tilted and quit on the game halfway through the first quarter, they don't belong on the field. But that's not what happened. A few calls went in the Patriots favor and the patriots played way better. I don't think you understand that a very core aspect of sports is officiating with humans. I get that you hate the Patriots, it's okay. Most people do. But at least be realistic. The Titans had no chance in this, even if all 3 of those plays were in their favor.

10+ Year Old Account

THat's such silly logic. These are Divisional Rounbd play off teams. This is not the Browns the Patriots are playing. These guys have won most of the year, beat a solid KC team by staging an impressive comeback. Don;t pretend that a call going against them somehow made them give up a 91 yard drive that ended in a TD. That's silly.

Titans were outplayed. Calls going against them made it harder, but I'm 100% sure they had more bad effect from Jack Conklin going out injured than they did from any calls going against them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're projecting here, and it's best you don't try to go down that route. So I advise you stop before people think you're simply posting in an antagonistic manner to get a reaction.

Criticism of officiating calls happens here regularly, officials are held under scrutiny every week on what is/isn't a catch. Moments like that are held under greater observation during big games.

Also you've a high opinion of athletes if you think they can't lose all momentum and totally tank a game. I'll remind you of the Broncos at Superbowl 48.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    THat's such silly logic. These are Divisional Rounbd play off teams. This is not the Browns the Patriots are playing. These guys have won most of the year, beat a solid KC team by staging an impressive comeback. Don;t pretend that a call going against them somehow made them give up a 91 yard drive that ended in a TD. That's silly.

Titans were outplayed. Calls going against them made it harder, but I'm 100% sure they had more bad effect from Jack Conklin going out injured than they did from any calls going against them.
    Were they outplayed before or after a series of questionable calls that killed their momentum? That doesn't make it forgivable for them to pretty much collapse, but prior to those shenanigans it was a very different game.

You're projecting here, and it's best you don't try to go down that route. So I advise you stop before people think you're simply posting in an antagonistic manner to get a reaction.

Criticism of officiating calls happens here regularly, officials are held under scrutiny every week on what is/isn't a catch. Moments like that are held under greater observation during big games.

Also you've a high opinion of athletes if you think they can't lose all momentum and totally tank a game. I'll remind you of the Broncos at Superbowl 48.
    1. Don't accuse me of anything and vaguely threaten moderation at me.
    2. I'm not projecting lol, you're using an illogical argument of "momentum" early in Q1 in a professional football playoff game where you claimed it was still competitive.
    3. I do have a high opinion of athletes because I was a collegiate athlete. If a call going against you early in the game tilts you to where you throw the rest of it away, you're a loser and that's exactly what you're going to do.

The titans were outclassed, the bad calls had no effect on the outcome of the game. If you disagree, go watch sitcoms. I'm not even saying that the calls were right. They weren't, but they had no effect as you're claiming.

10+ Year Old Account
    College athlete, and you don't understand the effect psychology can have on player performance?

College athlete, and you don't understand the effect psychology can have on player performance?
    Sure, shitty and inexperienced players. Professionals, no. Any intelligent athlete understands that sometimes plays go against you and are wrong. You don't throw a fit and quit on the game so early.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, shitty and inexperienced players. Professionals, no. Any intelligent athlete understands that sometimes plays go against you and are wrong. You don't throw a fit and quit on the game so early.
    You've not watched much professional sports before have you? Meltdowns can happen over a variety of things, even at the absolute top level.

It's a snowball effect, you start out well, events go against you, game swings in favour of your opponent, you get upset and tank, then once you're over it you're so far behind it rarely happens that you can pull it back.

We've seen it happen at the Superbowl, happens in Tennis when players tank after a bad call, seen it happen in Association Football when referees make bad decisions.

It can happen to people at the absolute top of their game, like people who defend referees like to remind everyone, they aren't infallable either, and certainly are capable of having a bad game. There are contests that are over before they've barely begun because of psychology killing their competitive drive.

You've not watched much professional sports before have you? Meltdowns can happen over a variety of things, even at the absolute top level.

It's a snowball effect, you start out well, events go against you, game swings in favour of your opponent, you get upset and tank, then once you're over it you're so far behind it rarely happens that you can pull it back.

We've seen it happen at the Superbowl, happens in Tennis when players tank after a bad call, seen it happen in Association Football when referees make bad decisions.

It can happen to people at the absolute top of their game, like people who defend referees like to remind everyone, they aren't infallable either, and certainly are capable of having a bad game. There are contests that are over before they've barely begun because of psychology killing their competitive drive.
    Sure, it happens. To losers and childish athletes. If you throw a fit in a tied game early in the first half, you're a loser and that's all you'll ever be lol. That's not what happened today and you know it. It happens to lesser athletes, not to NFL players in the playoffs after a few questionable calls. If this happened late 4Q in a close game, sure complain all you want and claim it changed the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not anything suprising from the patriot-titans match, but its nice to see amandola getting it on will tough for pittsburgh if both gronk and amandola are open for bussines
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'm officially on the Vikings bandwagon. (Temporarily)

Sure, it happens. To losers and childish athletes. If you throw a fit in a tied game early in the first half, you're a loser and that's all you'll ever be lol. That's not what happened today and you know it. It happens to lesser athletes, not to NFL players in the playoffs after a few questionable calls. If this happened late 4Q in a close game, sure complain all you want and claim it changed the game.
    Your nuts, this stuff happens to the best athletes in the world. I watched it happen in the Stanley Cup Finals last year, we've seen it happen in countless Super Bowls, Wimbledon, different Olympic sports and so on. I don't care what human you are, everyone has a mental breaking point, even the almighty Tom Brady flipped his wig earlier in the season.

Deleted
    He knew he was down, but man he sold that convincingly.
    So another Patriot trying to cheat. What a surprise.