Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    if they are going to our world they would be destroyed by our physic laws and logic
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-14 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Emerald Nightmare could never happen at least because Earth has no Emerald Dream. If it happens then it's GG because as far as I know none of us can navigate ED. lol
    Frankly, none of them couldn't exist without magic, so their presence would necessarily mean that magic also exists. Which would change the situation so much that we can't really say how it would end up. To many unknows on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if they are going to our world they would be destroyed by our physic lawns and logic
    *snicker*

That would at least be... interesting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

*snicker*

That would at least be... interesting.
    damn, english is rly funny isn't, you make one mistake on one letter and everything goes crazy.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

Seriously though, some of the threats are so insidious we'd be fucked, especially without magic to detect or counter them. Also, Sargeras could just sword-slash the planet and GAME OVER MAN.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    We'd be the undead ourselves if they had like some plagued grain in a densely populated part of the world. We don't have magic to sense it, or instant heals/cures for diseases.

Remember Strahnbrad in Warcraft 3?

Sourge doesn't need a full-frontal assault to kill millions.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-01-14 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras and the Titans can solo the planet.The Void Lords could probably do the same.Hell even Archimonde or Kiljaedan could blow up the planet if given enough time to cast,same with Deathwing.Old Gods can turn us against each other,if they manage to stay hidden long enough.The rest can probably be nuked,with the exception of the Nightmare.....

Nuking the Scourge amuses me. If you nuked an area you'd create a foothold only they could "survive" in without protection. If you didn't get them all in one go, you'd basically be giving them a place to build up, unless you kept throwing nukes, and I'm not sure nuking the same spot a dozen times is a great idea for the planet.

if they are going to our world they would be destroyed by our physic laws and logic
    Actually the opposite, we'd be destroyed by their magic.

Any Warcraft enemy with serious magic capability would pretty much annihilate us.

That's why Deathwing would be a pretty serious threat, his ability to annihilate Earth similar to what he did to Azeroth would cause billions in damage and absolutely humongous loss of life. No idea how well he'd go against a bunch of Jet Fighters though in the long run.

Sargeras and the Titans would be instant GG, they are Gods for all intents and purposes. Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde would probably be beatable as they can't seem to quickly cause mass destruction without being severely susceptible to modern weapons, the problem is their ability to respawn and be on giant spaceships with a flood of Demons. Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde are big but unfortunately they are still made of flesh, being that big a target isn't good when against modern weapons, even with magic.

Burning Legion would be instant GG, we can't deal with an unlimited extraterrestrial space-faring threat. A single competent Dreadlord who can disguise and manipulate well i.e Matthias Shaw style in Rogue questline would be instant GG alone, no matter a group of them taking up serious government positions and working together. A single Imp from World of Warcraft could easily kill a bunch of civilians as they throw fucking fireballs, nevermind Pit Lords / Doomguards / Felguards / Wrathguards / Felhunters / Infernals / etc. A single World of Warcraft Infernal could probably destroy an entire village alone since they are basically a giant walking Fireball made of Stone civilians wouldn't be able to defend themselves from them, nevermind having an Infernal walk through a dry forest, enjoy the forest fire.

Old Gods would be interesting as we probably have the technology to find them other than Y'shaarj / Sha would be instant GG because humans are absolute cunts and the overwhelming negative emotion and Sha spawning would overwhelm us, not to mention the emotional manipulation would probably cause us to nuke ourselves to death.

Angry Elemental Lord like Ragnaros could probably scorch the entire planet if he had a magical realm like the Firelands to hide in, simply because figuring out how to get there if possible at all would take a while. If we could just put him out by getting some fire service helicopters and dunking galleons of water on him I have no idea.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2018-01-14 at 04:45 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    our world and universe have no magic, im counting when they come here, they will be stuck with our laws and physic, no magic, no arcane, no fel, no light, etc ec.

If they are coming here and using magic, we would assume magic is real here, then we could use as well

but thats just my viewpoint to make things more interesting.

Frankly, none of them couldn't exist without magic, so their presence would necessarily mean that magic also exists. Which would change the situation so much that we can't really say how it would end up. To many unknows on both sides.
    our world and universe have no magic, im counting when they come here, they will be stuck with our laws and physic, no magic, no arcane, no fel, no light, etc ec.

If they are coming here and using magic, we would assume magic is real here, then we could use as well
    Personally, I think a simple solution is to apply the same rule as the VS threads when they involve characters from different stories. We assume each side's "mechanics" work accordingly to their laws instead of one side bringing their natural laws to override the other's. For example, in this case, there would be magics in the Azeroth threats side, but not on Earth. They can use magics, but we can't. They have access to alternate dimensions (i.e: the Nether / the Nightmare), but we don't by default, unless our science figure out a way to do so. We can hit the elements with our conventional weapons just fine as the same thing applies to them in WoW lore (random soldiers were able to fight off the elements just fine with normal axes / blades / arrows in the prelude to Cataclysm). Etc.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    At this point, both sides are just guesses. Most likely result though would be that neither side has a chance of surviving in the other's universe due to different physics.

Which would still leave the old gods as a threat due to their modus operandi not requiring their physical presence...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I would love to see humanity vs mudmug.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Personally, I think a simple solution is to apply the same rule as the VS threads when they involve characters from different stories. We assume each side's "mechanics" work accordingly to their laws instead of one side bringing their natural laws to override the other's. For example, in this case, there would be magics in the Azeroth threats side, but not on Earth. They can use magics, but we can't. They have access to alternate dimensions (i.e: the Nether / the Nightmare), but we don't by default, unless our science figure out a way to do so. We can hit the elements with our conventional weapons just fine as the same thing applies to them in WoW lore (random soldiers were able to fight off the elements just fine with normal axes / blades / arrows in the prelude to Cataclysm). Etc.
    That rule never actually works. In fact, it makes things worse since it throws any ability to compare the sides out of the window. Either both sides fight under the same physics or they end up unable to interact, at least in the parts where the physics differ.

I would just equip my breakfast knife and fork, put some poison on them and kill them all. Easy peazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I would love to see humanity vs mudmug.
    Earth doesn't deserve him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Emerald Nightmare could never happen at least because Earth has no Emerald Dream. If it happens then it's GG because as far as I know none of us can navigate ED. lol
    I dunno, I bet some pagan societies could. Think of Great Britain and their pagan, druid history, Native american tribes, nordic cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    Although all of It Is impossible as It Is fantasy make your own scenario of any force from this game Invading earth yes the earth we live In
    Scourge:Nuke
    Deathwing:Nuke
    Sargeras:GG
    Old Gods:Our greatest nations turn against us
    Void LordsConsumed)
    Nightmare:GG
    Sha:GG
    Burning Legion:Uh-oh
    Titans:GG
    Elemental Lords:GG
    Black Empire:GG
    In every one of those instances our politicians would sell us out to the invading force to save their own skins..... We would have to hope that the military realized what was happening before the politicians handed all the weapons over to the enemies.

I don't think nukes would do much against magic......... Also, I am not sure how good those missles are at hitting a moving target (Deathwing) they are mostly designed to hit stationary targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    I dunno, I bet some pagan societies could. Think of Great Britain and their pagan, druid history, Native american tribes, nordic cultures.
    The concepts of time and distance are radically different in Emerald Dream. It would not even be comprehensible to most if not all of us because we have never experienced anything like that let alone having the nightmare twisting it even further.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2018-01-14 at 12:56 PM.

That rule never actually works. In fact, it makes things worse since it throws any ability to compare the sides out of the window. Either both sides fight under the same physics or they end up unable to interact, at least in the parts where the physics differ.
    It is used in pretty much every VS threads (and I'm not counting the random VS threads popping up here), though, so I'd say that it works well enough. The thing is, if we are to force one side to go with other's laws of physics, a good chance is that we'll end up with something not working as intended by its authors / creators. In this situation, for example, if we are to force Azeroth threats to go with our physics, normal bullets should have no effect whatsoever on Fire, Air or Water elements. However, that wasn't how those elements were supposed to work. Even in Azeroth, soldiers with completely normal weapon (no artifacts, no magic, no special enchant, just normal axes / arrows / blades) could damage them just fine. So whatever kind of fire, air or water that was, they are susceptible to being damaged by conventional means. Forcing them to go with our laws of physics instead of theirs would turn them into something else rather than what was intended to be compared.
    Or, if we go by other way around and assume we can use magics just like WoW characters, with how much more advanced our science is, a magic-enchanted bomb would have ripped the demons apart before they even know what hit them - our modern firearms have way more superior range, speed and destructive capability than WoW's arrows, guns or even tanks / mech - not to mention all the utilities they bring as well. However, at that point, it isn't really Earth-human that we'd be talking about anymore and we'd end up with a bunch of "what-ifs" that has little to do with what the OP wanted to compare (unless I'm getting his intention wrong).

So in the end, people just have to settle for a middle ground. Unless specifically stated by the OP, we should just assume both sides' "abilities" will works as we know it and as the authors / creators depicted them. If something was described to be susceptible to normal weapons, they can be damaged by normal weapons even if they are some sort of magical air or water. If something is said to be invulnerable to physical attacks, it will be immune to physical attacks even if we somehow have some awesome molecular dividing weapon tech (well, I don't think we do yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It is used in pretty much every VS threads (and I'm not counting the random VS threads popping up here), though, so I'd say that it works well enough. The thing is, if we are to force one side to go with other's laws of physics, a good chance is that we'll end up with something not working as intended by its authors / creators.
    It's almost always used, and those threads never amount to anything because they can't. That's the point. The rule doesn't work. Things not working as intended by the creators is already happening when you ask the question, since they weren't intending for their 'verse to interact with another beyond their own stories or they would have given information on how to deal with that, so that concern is immaterial.

Any middle ground would have to be a third universe capable of accomodating beings from both. But that would necessarily mean that the entire conflict happens based on the rules of that third universe, not the two that are conflicting.

Having both sides use their own rules just means they can't interact, at least not in an argument, since there is no way to resolve what happens when they clash. (Would magic even work on RL humans? What happens when a bullet from a world were magic does not exist hits a magic shield? Can it even hit the shield?)
    You haven't eliminated the What-ifs. You removed any ability to resolve them.

It's almost always used, and those threads never amount to anything because they can't. That's the point. The rule doesn't work. Things not working as intended by the creators is already happening when you ask the question, since they weren't intending for their 'verse to interact with another beyond their own stories or they would have given information on how to deal with that, so that concern is immaterial.

Any middle ground would have to be a third universe capable of accomodating beings from both. But that would necessarily mean that the entire conflict happens based on the rules of that third universe, not the two that are conflicting.

Having both sides use their own rules just means they can't interact, at least not in an argument, since there is no way to resolve what happens when they clash. (Would magic even work on RL humans? What happens when a bullet from a world were magic does not exist hits a magic shield? Can it even hit the shield?)
    You haven't eliminated the What-ifs. You removed any ability to resolve them.
    While the authors never intended for one verse to interact with another, they do establish laws that their worlds follow. The world-building, the threats, the characters and such revolve around those laws. As I said, if you forcibly change it to another, those characters wouldn't be what they are anymore. Some might become much more powerful, some much less. A WoW fire elemental, for example, is intended to be susceptible to being damaged by pure physical attack without any magic involved. If you force it to go with our real life physical laws, suddenly it turns into a different kind of being that is night invulnerable against most conventional weapons, which means it'd be able to massacre most of Azerothian armies except heroes or mages (who are the minority). Or Sargeras, if we are to go with our natural laws, he would become a much bigger threat than the massive one he already is in WoW - a flaming being that big would have scorched the planet, screwing up the tides and various other cataclysmic effects just by standing next to it, which he clearly can't do with WoW physical laws as seen in the cinematic. I'm not the OP, but I don't think that's what he wanted to compare with Earth armies. It's more likely that he was aiming for a situation of our armies as we know it against WoW threats as we know them,

In regards to the interactions, going with the assumption that I mentioned: why wouldn't magic work on RL humans? We don't have any innate magic resistance (our physical laws), so magic should work on us just as fine (WoW physical laws) as it does on any normal humans (or Orcs, Elves, Gnome, etc.) in WoW. Why shouldn't a bullet be able to hit a shield if a normal arrow (not an enchanted or magical one, just normal arrows - the type normal soldiers - i.e: the NE sentinels - uses) can? It's one thing if WoW's blades / arrows / guns are all infused with magic, or all characters used magics in their attacks - but that wasn't the case. In both WoW and real life, those WoW arrows or our bullets are essentially just projectiles. If a normal projectile work against a magic shield (whatever kind of thing a magic shield is categorized as) in one setting, why shouldn't something that is basically the same, but more powerful, wouldn't? There, I explained two possible interactions while keeping things within their established world-building settings.

I do see your points, but I just wanted to mention that it's how these kinds of threads normally work. There are people who like reading them, there are people who don't. There are people who enjoy them as a way to articulate the mechanics of stories, and there are people who find them absurd. In the end, it's a subjective matter so I wouldn't argue about it, but I want to point out that these kinds of threads wouldn't end up with much results if we are to force one verse to go with another verse's physical laws. The stories' world-building wouldn't be what they are any longer in that case. A simple "things wouldn't be as we know it, there are too many things would change" doesn't make good nor interesting a "discussion", now does it? :P I guess it's the kind of "follow its rule or leave it" kind of threads (and this line sounds more aggressive than I intended it to be, putting this tiny note in just so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding of the tone).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-01-14 at 04:04 PM.