Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was there in the dark times, yes I was there...

I would never go back, back to scraping together my first gold piece at level 30 only to use it on new ranks of skills.

I sit here on my poor mans 300k and think back on those dark days, and smile.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Seethe View Post

I would never go back, back to scraping together my first gold piece at level 30 only to use it on new ranks of skills.

i will go back and do it all again. except this time i wont be an elitist asshole and will still clear naxx. the only unfinished business i have with vanilla. that and getting the full t3 on my war.

I hope they remove the 8 slot debuff limit, that shit was retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyro- View Post
    I hope they remove the 8 slot debuff limit, that shit was retarded.
    then voice your support for the patch they made it 16 slots.
    or just support 16 slots all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Seethe View Post

But with your modern knowledge and all the other people who know what they are doing better you will now have 10g at level 30 etc. When I started my paladin he was a skinner leatherworker for example. I used all my mats leveling it up and spending gold/time farming the bits I needed for stuff I vendored for less than the crafting mats. These days I know herbalism and mining/skinning is a better combo and selling all my mats will make me gold (plus save time for leveling as im not wasting crafting time etc).

As for classic. I dont want any changes to it. Ill probably give it a shot either way, but if they make core changes to the game it will ruin the appeal to me.

I would love to play Classic, personally. I started in late BC, and didn't really get to experience its true entirety. I want to do the Warlock/Pally epic mount quests and indulge in awesome World PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    But with your modern knowledge and all the other people who know what they are doing better you will now have 10g at level 30 etc. When I started my paladin he was a skinner leatherworker for example. I used all my mats leveling it up and spending gold/time farming the bits I needed for stuff I vendored for less than the crafting mats. These days I know herbalism and mining/skinning is a better combo and selling all my mats will make me gold (plus save time for leveling as im not wasting crafting time etc).

As for classic. I dont want any changes to it. Ill probably give it a shot either way, but if they make core changes to the game it will ruin the appeal to me.
    Gonna be pretty funny when all the people use all their modern knowledge to create Skinners/miners/herbalists...and nobody takes any of the professions that use those mats you're trying to sell...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I think these people do want to play Classic because their favorite streamer deems it the best, but as they learn about how cut and dry it was, they want more flavor.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Classic fanboi much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Your title is funny because you don't want to play classic.
    Your post is is embarassing because you have no idea what Classic will be so can't possibly know who wants to play it.

Very sinister how purists have started to refer to Vanilla as Classic to further their agenda when they are two separate things.
    Last edited by mmocd2ad2cb4e7; 2018-01-14 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    What you don't understand is that everyone who played vanilla knows that even a 100% copy will be miles better than retail, it's just that changes will make it better still.
    I am sorry, I'll disagree on this part. Only way I believe it could beat the most of its history is, if you can rewind to 2004/2005. Else, no. Classic was a shrine of memories, returning to it and it'll just be a museum trip.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    It's funny how people come to these classic forums and complain about classic and act like they are forced to play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    It's funny how people come to these classic forums and complain about it.
    Hence the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Classic is not intended as a Remaster or Reboot of WoW, it was never announced as such and will not be one, why people are expecting massive changes is beyond me.
    I would guess that people expecting changes are people who can't imagine wow without LFR, tranmogs, pet battles etc. Who think that Classic is made for them. And who think that if there were no changes, nobody would play Classic because they wouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    It's funny how people come to these classic forums and complain about classic and act like they are forced to play it.
    Forced to play "pure" vanilla without changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    You sound like the left after Brexit, Constantly trying to tell the right how what they want has changed or what they'll be given they'll hate.

Here's an idea, You do you and everyone else will do them
    Many people of the right voted for remain. The head of the remain camp where Tories....

[

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Many people of the right voted for remain. The head of the remain camp where Tories....

[
    I don't think you quite thought about what you were typing, Many implies most of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    No it doesn't? Just means a large number? A fraction of a large number can still be a large number. Anyway the vote was about spilt down the half(52% 48% no?) and northern Labour (left) voted for brexit by a large. So a decent number of Tories must of

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    What you don't understand is that everyone who played vanilla knows that even a 100% copy will be miles better than retail, it's just that changes will make it better still.

I'm part of this "everyone" you're invoking.
    I played Vanilla and I find that claim hilariously funny.
    But I'm not suffering from some ''romantic delusion'' about it.
    I actually *remember* Vanilla, and what it was like.

The core thing about Vanilla was the original journey.
    It was being new and exploring the game in blissful ignorance for the first time.
    But you're not naive anymore, you can't go back to that time.

Honestly, this really sounds like 'You thought you do but you don't.' to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    The core thing about Vanilla was the original journey.
    It was being new and exploring the game in blissful ignorance for the first time.
    But you're not naive anymore, you can't go back to that time.
    Exactly and a 100% Vanilla won't bring back anything close to this feeling. Making some changes to the game, even if it's just changing talents/quest xp/breaking certain addons, will help to bring this back so less people know the 100% optimal way to play the game like a fucking robot.