Legendarys on argus

Hey guys,
    I only do mythic+ and I heared the droprate for mythic+ on legendarys is very low and thats how it really feels like (doing mythic+ the whole xpac). I want a specific legendary on my druid tank and I read that the chances on argus are pretty good on:

1. Worldboss
    2. Small Invasions
    3. Rar mobs

I started to do them (beside some other stuff like emissary, lfr, nhc) and saw legendary drops even on the small invasions (I didnt believed that, invasions feel useless for me).

But here comes my question: Do rar mobs really a good drop chance which is noteworthy?

Thank you

No rares(and chests) aren't great in terms of legendaries individually, but there's a lot of them(and they're very quick) so it adds up. Invasions on the other hand are quite good.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Do the daily emissary quest. They give 1 of the best chances per time spent sources for legendaries.

Also there's an addon that basically tells you when you are going to get a a legendary based on the content you've done.

Legendary Progress Tracker is used to keep a detailed history of all events completed that may drop a legendary. This add-on predicts how close you currently are to reaching the bad luck protection cap, with around a ~5-8 % max error rate.

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...ogress-tracker

You will still possibly get legendaries long before the addon says because there's a chance you can get a legendary even without building bad luck protection..If you have a bag of 100 marbles (99 black and 1 orange) there's always the small chance that you could reach in and pull out the orange marble on 1 of the 1st 5 attempts.

But you wont be waiting much time after your bad lucky protection is nearing the cap... If you had a bag of 100 marbles (99 black and 1 orange) but you'd already pulled out 95 of the black marbles, then you know that you are definitely going to find the orange marble within a few more attempts.

Obviously the addon wont be too accurate until you've had a legendary after installing it because it can't track legendary eligible content that you've done before it was installed.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2018-01-14 at 02:38 PM.

thank you for that addon!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post

Legendary Progress Tracker is used to keep a detailed history of all events completed that may drop a legendary. This add-on predicts how close you currently are to reaching the bad luck protection cap, with around a ~5-8 % max error rate.

https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/...ogress-tracker
    Well my friend was reaching 130% on his lock before he got a leggo, so not really that accurate. But nevertheless helps.

Anyway this friend of mine had 20+ mythic+ dungeons in the breakdown, so I'd wager the addon overvalues the contribution of these.

Emissary, lesser invasions, world bosses and Antorus raid (even on lfr) is where the most bang for your buck lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well my friend was reaching 130% on his lock before he got a leggo, so not really that accurate. But nevertheless helps.

Anyway this friend of mine had 20+ mythic+ dungeons in the breakdown, so I'd wager the addon overvalues the contribution of these.

Emissary, lesser invasions, world bosses and Antorus raid (even on lfr) is where the most bang for your buck lies.
    Yeah, I pretty consistently go to around 120%. But the important thing is that the addon is consistent within itself, so you can still use it as a decent guideline once you get a feel for what % you typically get a legendary at. The addon seems to overvalue M+, undervalue the weekly M+ chest, have weird values for raids(normal giving FAR more than other difficulties), but otherwise seems reasonable in terms of the weights.
    And even if it was completely inaccurate, it honestly still helps just to have the placebo effect of seeing the % increase.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-01-14 at 02:32 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Can't wait for the patch where you can measurably count how far are you from the 1000 fragments you need to buy a leggo.

Never understood why BLP needs to be hidden from us. I'd rather progress towards a goal than play a lottery.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-01-14 at 02:56 PM.