Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yes, except like I said they also provide incentive directly against buying a boost. Counter productive as hell if it's to sell more boosts.
    Exactly.

The logic doesn't add up, because the people making the claim that it's a "ploy to sell more boosts" are not coming from a point of logical reasoning in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    OP should start a blog- most people don't care about his opinion.
    You're delusional if you think more people are excited for this leveling change than people who will find it tedious and stupid when they actually do try to level a new alt.

Scaling zones: Well done, amazing work there.
    Buffing HP nerfing XP gain as an indication that it would be harder: rofl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    You're delusional if you think more people are excited for this leveling change than people who will find it tedious and stupid when they actually do try to level a new alt.

Where is your source on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Where is your source on this?
    Source for what?

Source for what?
    The statements you just made?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    I don't see this explicitly stated anywhere and only learned it from various forum posts, so I'm gonna help out and tell you here. They are DRASTICALLY increasing the time it takes to level in 7.3.5. Quest exp is nerfed up until either 90 or 100, 1 to 60 now takes more exp, and looms are being nerfed. This is a horrible change and if I hadn't already leveled every class to 100 in WoD I would be furious. So if you ever plan on rerolling in the future, do it now before this not-so-subtle ploy to sell boosts goes in to effect.

if you like this change then good for you. But I made this thread to inform those who are unaware and don't want to have to suffer through slow leveling. If I helped one person realize this and spared them the pain of slow leveling, then the goal of this thread is accomplished and I am happy. Sorry if me having a different opinion than you upsets you,
    but I just want to inform those who share in my opinion even if I'm in the minority
    lol, nty. why do u want to have all your characters to max?

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    The statements you just made?
    What? That I think he's delusional? I guess my source is the same as his?

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    I don't see this explicitly stated anywhere and only learned it from various forum posts, so I'm gonna help out and tell you here. They are DRASTICALLY increasing the time it takes to level in 7.3.5. Quest exp is nerfed up until either 90 or 100, 1 to 60 now takes more exp, and looms are being nerfed. This is a horrible change and if I hadn't already leveled every class to 100 in WoD I would be furious. So if you ever plan on rerolling in the future, do it now before this not-so-subtle ploy to sell boosts goes in to effect.

if you like this change then good for you. But I made this thread to inform those who are unaware and don't want to have to suffer through slow leveling. If I helped one person realize this and spared them the pain of slow leveling, then the goal of this thread is accomplished and I am happy. Sorry if me having a different opinion than you upsets you,
    but I just want to inform those who share in my opinion even if I'm in the minority
    Check my post history, I've debunked the idea of levelling taking longer already. Quest requirements are up, but so is the quest rewards (Significantly) Levelling overall is faster, with longer combat. It's infinitely better without a single negative point.

It is technically harder, very much so. As an experienced player, if I go and pull 2-3 mobs without looms, you die most of the time. Looms have also been nerfed to be in-line with that level of dungeon loot. You can't run around and pull 10 mobs as a level 16 arcane mage anymore, spamming arcane blast explosion. Your dead before you even tag 5. and over XP gain is nerfed. There is more to this than just the cap increases. Your getting more XP from everyquest because that quest is always the same level as you, not several lower.

Infact, as I know you will all just disagree with me and not actually read what I posted in the other thread, i'l drop it here for you!
    Code:
    I've done some testing, if anything I levelled faster. There's a much more natural curve now, you just plod on through the quests. you never have to run across 1/2 a zone to get to the next one because it's not worth doing the quests anymore, you can just do everything and follow the intended questing path, which is insanely efficient. at the absolute max you are running for 1 minute to the next hub, instead of 15+ in most cases.

The fastest way to level 1-60 right now is to quest and do specific dungeons (only once for the quests). Each time you come out of a dungeon you are pretty much guaranteed a zone swap, you are chasing zones while queued because you outlevel zones before even reaching them this way sometimes. With the changes? You'd be able to queue up for dungeons while questing westfall. Come out after doing DM and RFC at easily level 17/18+, and still do wesfall instead of having to run to redridge. in the time it would take you to run to redridge, you'd be able to run BFD and hand in the first bunch of quests from westfall, that would put you around 20, and wait... Your still in wesfall. you finish westfall, go straight to duskwood probably around level 25 now, skipping redridge completely, and avoiding that 20 minute run. you've generated XP in the 20 minutes you saved, avoided a long and boring run. Finish off duskwood and do the other available dungeons, the scarlet monastery ones. Bam, your level 30+
    after duskwood, because the questing path brings you close to redridge, you can go there, even though its a 15-20 zone, because scaling! This is where I stopped, because I was convinced without a shadow of a doubt that this was infinitely faster.

I got from 1-26 faster as a human on the PTR than I can on live, and it's all because of the scaling and the reduced running times. I've yet to test the difference with heirlooms / the chauffeur. I suspect it would actually make the difference slightly bigger tbh, after discovering the massive difference not running to redridge from wesfall makes. Heirlooms will likely make you leave RFC / DM at 20+ as it does on live. I intend to test this, but I think it may be possible to continue straight onto burning steppes after redridge on the route I did. Searing gorge afterwards. 

A thing I keep seeing people miss aswell, although XP requirements are going up, XP gained is going up, possibly more. Imagine you are in westfall, which is a 10-15 zone. At level 10, the quests give you 100% XP, but at 11, they give you 95% (Comparatively - XP requirement goes up, reward stays the same) with the scaling, every quest you ever do is 100% XP, it's as if you are the minimum level for the zone, even if you are 30 levels beyond that. If you have 3 quests to turn in, and the first levels you up, the tooltip on the other 2 bumps up the XP reward, to the point where it fills almost the exact same % of a level.

Needs confirmation but Elwynn -> Westfall -> Duskwood -> Redridge -> Burning Steppes -> Searing gorge. With each dungeon done once available - may be possible. That would line you up to continue straight onto Outland / Northrend, and take maybe 4 hours? 5? With the scaling Dragonblight is just going to be an XP orgy, Sholazar too. both zones are extremely good for XP, which is why you only do 1/4 of them before leaving on live. You can do both to 100% which would easily be 10 or more levels. I'm happy to assume 60-80 would be faster due to those 2 zones alone. Then the glorious Jade forest time, the difference is, now you can fly there at 80. and the XP would potentially be even better than it is on live, because the "always 100% XP" thing I mentioned. You'd possibly get more than the standard of live, which is 85-90 (the entire MoP levelling from the first zone). it's safe to assume you can get 80-85 as a minimum. I'd bet you can hit 86 or 87 though. You can now go and do any pandaria or Cata zone until 90, at which you can go to Draenor. Assuming the good old Gorgrond XP orgy is still a thing, your gonna be level 100 30 minutes after you land in your garrison at level 90. From here, it's the same as it is today in the Broken Isles. 

I don't know how long 1-110 is going to take, as I've not done it, but I'm gonna guesstimate it to be considerably less than it is now.

The beauty of this is, that although I found levelling itself to be faster, combat time is maybe, 3 or 4 times longer. You can do a full rotation at level 20, which is really nice, since you one hit everything upto level 100 with heirlooms normally. 

This has my seal of approval, and I'm looking forward to the allied race's. Levelling is so nice now, I'm almost disappointed they start at 20 instead of 1.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2018-01-14 at 02:18 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay! I love leveling. Best part of a MMO usually, so I'm happy it takes longer.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    What? That I think he's delusional? I guess my source is the same as his?
    "You're delusional if you think more people are excited for this leveling change than people who will find it tedious and stupid when they actually do try to level a new alt."

This is a statement that requires a source

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    "You're delusional if you think more people are excited for this leveling change than people who will find it tedious and stupid when they actually do try to level a new alt."

This is a statement that requires a source
    It needs as much of a source as my quoted comment. And no, it really doesn't require a source, and I'm not really here to argue about it. Just cause a handfull on MMO are loud and obnoxious does not mean every shares their sentiment. The MMO-champ forumdwellers don't even make 1%.
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2018-01-14 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    It needs as much of a source as my quoted comment. And no, it really doesn't require a source, and I'm not really here to argue about it. Just cause a handfull on MMO are loud and obnoxious does not mean every shares their sentiment. The MMO-champ forumdwellers don't even make 1%.
    Your quoted comment was a joke(i mean at least i took it as one) and had nothing to do with your statement.

If you want to take it back thats fine, and i'm not saying it isnt true, i'm just saying it looks like you grabbed it out of thin air. I still think that btw since you havent provided any source yet

Even if mmo-c "dont even make 1%" it isnt an argument for the opposite of their collective opinion to be true. You know that right?

It needs as much of a source as my quoted comment. And no, it really doesn't require a source, and I'm not really here to argue about it.
    Why make a definitive statement like that if you can't back it up?

The source of the counter-argument, that a whole fucking LOT of people give a shit and are excited, comes from the fact that the changes have been made. It's been almost a decade of feedback given as to how broken and shitty the leveling is, and the developers have seen fit to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

The source of the counter-argument, that a whole fucking LOT of people give a shit and are excited, comes from the fact that the changes have been made. It's been almost a decade of feedback given as to how broken and shitty the leveling is, and the developers have seen fit to listen.
    The argument upon which is Opinion is based is flawed to begin with. Its a proven fact that levelling speed is reduced overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Still faster than it used to be.
    Not really. Heirlooms are nerfed, you need double the exp to level up pre-90, dungeons take triple the time, mobs have triple the health while your damage gets nerfed.

It'll take considerably longer time now, even if you're questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Sorry you got crucified by fanboys so quickly.
    Proof as to the intellectual contribution coming from this camp.

Being for a coherent and engaging leveling process in an MMORPG = being a fanboy, apparently.

Proof as to the intellectual contribution coming from this camp.

Being for a coherent and engaging leveling process in an MMORPG = being a fanboy, apparently.
    yes because something taking longer is obviously equal to engaging and fun for everyone /facepalm

There is a difference between a lot of people being interested and MOST which the post I quoted stated. Most means that the majority thinks this change is for the better, which should not be a suprise to anyone that it's false.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Not really. Heirlooms are nerfed, you need double the exp to level up pre-90, dungeons take triple the time, mobs have triple the health while your damage gets nerfed.

It'll take considerably longer time now, even if you're questing.
    Factually incorrect, read above post.

No thanks. I've made new toons specifically for this.

I like scaling worlds and leveling not just being a straight out zergfest where I miss half the story even without Heirlooms.