Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Now, I guess it would be an issue if you only complete the requirement to unlock Nightborne after BFA launches, but their manasaber Mount feels quite redundant imo since you only have to kill Gul’dan after completing the Insurection achievement to get the Arcanist’s manasaber. Now I understand some don’t like that seat on that manasaber, but it’s still just 1 LFR boss away from the same model mount.

The other 3 racial mounts you have to go quite out of your way to get the same model mount. For Highmountain you are good if you killed heroic Archi back in cata but that’s not obtainable anymore. Other moose mounts are: glory of the Legion raider (though that’s not a normal moose), a white moose from LW only LW can use from one of the most obnoxious, and ironically named, quests of all time and a paragon mount.

For Lightforged Draenei those specific armored Elekks are only from paragon boxes. (Bleh) And Void Elves’ chicken mount we’ve not had an update to since BC and this one has animations.
    It's not the same model, though. The Nightborne mount uses the regular saber skeleton, while the achievement mount uses the manasaber skeleton from the store.

We should know today if 7.3.5 is this week, since they will be posting the maintenance schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by m12342 View Post
    We should know today if 7.3.5 is this week, since they will be posting the maintenance schedule.
    already says there is a 8 hours maintenance on eu

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'll keep posting as long as there's something to post. I don't share everything though, if there's a chance of someone getting in trouble for it I don't post it.
    That's a very good way to go about things. We're here for fun. If it would get people in trouble, that quickly turns sour. Though it does make me curious how often it occurs that you come across something you feel you can't share.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    back in my day they didn't have background downloads
    It seems like BfA and the patches leading up to it will bring back all the great things of Vanilla!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    https://twitter.com/daisyowl/status/841802094361235456
    if you ever code something that "feels like a hack but it works," just remember that a CPU is literally a rock that we tricked into thinking

not to oversimplify: first you have to flatten the rock and put lightning inside it
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Did even 7.3 have a lengthy maintenance schedule? They’ve been very good at getting maintenance time to as little as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    It's not the same model, though. The Nightborne mount uses the regular saber skeleton, while the achievement mount uses the manasaber skeleton from the store.
    Ok that I didn’t know. They do look quite similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    That's a very good way to go about things. We're here for fun. If it would get people in trouble, that quickly turns sour. Though it does make me curious how often it occurs that you come across something you feel you can't share.
    Not that often. Maybe once every few weeks.

Exactly!

8 hours maintenance this week! 7.3.5 hype!

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Did even 7.3 have a lengthy maintenance schedule? They’ve been very good at getting maintenance time to as little as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok that I didn’t know. They do look quite similar.
    yea, thats not the thing that will differentiate it i think. Huge fanbases like warcrafts tend to result in tons of different perspectives. when it comes to aesthetic some love over the topness. some love high fantasy, some like low fantasy. the mana sabre from Insurrection appeals to those who love ultra high fantasy with the magical barding and all that. this mana sabre will appeal to the high/medium fantasy with the dozens of night elf sabres appealing to low fantasy i guess.

But i aggree its not special. Not that it has to be. They could have easily have done it where You got a mana sabre at revered with nightfallen. The armored one at exalted and after having completed the story, and the armored winged one after defeating guldan and finishing the raid quest.

This expansion i'm going to be careful not to get TO excited. Early on we saw the various Storm Drake mounts and i think only the red one has become available. Furthermore they datamined the "tattoo shirts" and i got all excited that we were going to possibly get those as a transmog item. but they are just an npc item used to quickly give Vrykrul tattoos.

It is a bit interesting if you think from a design perspective all the things out there. For example i'm Fairly certain that the faerie dragon mount coming out before Warlords was even released, combine with imagery and quests in shadowmoon valley, hint that pre alpha they considered making another "how to train your dragon" questline mini faction in shadowmoon, they scrapped the idea but kept the outpost and references for the sake of creating cultural ambiance.

and so since there would be no quest and rep grind to get a faerie dragon they threw it in the shop so it wouldnt be a waste.

regardless of if you agree with that decision i think its interesting to see and figure out some of their design decisions
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

So it doesn't look like the races are being unlocked with 7.3.5's release, but assuming they're locked behind pre-orders, can we expect those to come out in the next month or so?

Seems pointless to release the new leveling without the new races.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    So it doesn't look like the races are being unlocked with 7.3.5's release, but assuming they're locked behind pre-orders, can we expect those to come out in the next month or so?

I think late Feb / early March is probably a good bet depending on how early they want to get those 4 races out the door.

I feel like if the preorders were meant to be that soon, they would have just released them for the holidays.

Makes little sense to miss that crucial holiday sales window just to release it in February, I think.

10+ Year Old Account

It seems pretty likely IMO. We still need to see how they are going to fit in 6 more characters on the character select screen (from 12 to 18, if they do it pre BfA) and there are maybe a few other tweaks to go (someone was talking about Nightborne facial rigging, etc).

I've been seeing a lot of people thinking 1/30 will be the pre-order date, something to go alongside the expected FFXIV 4.2 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    I think late Feb / early March is probably a good bet depending on how early they want to get those 4 races out the door.
    Few pages ago someone wrote that models and animations are not finished yet. Missing dances, faces not rigged....
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Few pages ago someone wrote that models and animations are not finished yet. Missing dances, faces not rigged....
    They aren't going to get new dances.

A: They will get full character kits: their own emotes, their own flirts, funnies, exertions, etc. The ones playable on the floor are incomplete - also the ones playable on the BlizzCon floor are very similar to their current counterparts. Nightborne are going to be much more distinct.
    I don't know how people are getting "dances" out of this response, but that was never promised and will likely not happen.

I don't see it taking more than 6-8 weeks unless they're changing what the dance(as an example) are going to be mid-way. Seems like a terrible waste of time when BfA is effectively around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    They aren't going to get new dances.

I don't know how people are getting "dances" out of this response, but that was never promised and will likely not happen.
    One of the QnAs during blizzcon probably. But even if they dont get any new animations, there's the issue with faces.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    I don't see it taking more than 6-8 weeks unless they're changing what the dance(as an example) are going to be mid-way. Seems like a terrible waste of time when BfA is effectively around the corner.
    No idea, I will start guessing the date when they get the faces done atleast.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

The longer we go without pre-purchase I think it adds to the “Allied Races come with pre-purchase” theory. Because pre-purchase should be out by now going by precious precedents.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea, I will start guessing the date when they get the faces done atleast.
    I'm not entirely sure we'll actually see this here, unless they fix it in Alpha and move it over. I could see them simply hotfixing that in when it's ready and has gone through internal QA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long maintenance in Europe wednesday (8 hours), could be nothing but... wait & see
    Last edited by Valysar; 2018-01-14 at 06:15 PM.