Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    He was just letting people know what's going on. Not everyone knew. You're overreacting, once again. It's sad to see people treat a video game developer like a cult leader.
    It's sad to see people make statements or entire threads and then be offended when others do not agree with them. AKA like the OP. Again, people are disagreeing with the OP for perfectly legitimate reasons, and he + you and other parrots can only retort with "Don't be so mean, don't treat it like a cult, don't be a fanboy, don't talk back at me!!!!".

Sad as fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    There is a difference between a lot of people being interested and MOST which the post I quoted stated. Most means that the majority thinks this change is for the better, which should not be a suprise to anyone that it's false.
    "which should not be a suprise to anyone that it's false"

Again: Source?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The problem with that is twofold:

First, nostalgia can't be recreated. Whatever you felt when you first overcame those challenges won't be experienced again because you now know better. Which brings me to the second part.

Second: Fatigue. It's inevitable that the more times you repeat a piece of content, the more it's appeal starts to wear off. In a game that's as heavily bent towards making challenges obsolete through progressing gear and stats, simply making enemies more difficult will only maintain its appeal for a VERY short amount of time. This is especially true if the rewards are not continually worth the effort.

What might appear to be fun and interesting in the first 30 levels of questing might QUICKLY become tedious and irritating if it's maintained for 110 levels. Having to go full swat team ultra raid mode difficulty with every fight will get old fast. even Dark Souls alternates between relatively easy enemies and difficult boss fights. Blizzard will need to be VERY careful when attempting to strike that balance.
    A thousand times this as well. Eventhough i like the change and i am excited to quest in certain zones i have never touched this is a problem that might occur

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    There is a difference between a lot of people being interested and MOST which the post I quoted stated. Most means that the majority thinks this change is for the better, which should not be a suprise to anyone that it's false.
    Why is it false?

Again, you should provide proof here since you're the one making the statement. If "most" are against these changes, it should show everywhere from social media to Youtube to Official forums to fan forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you're overreacting and looking too much into it. Your perception is skewed because you approach Blizzard with the same mentality a cultist has towards a cult leader. The creator of the thread advised people of the change, not everyone knew (I didn't know personally, I haven't played WoW in a long time now).
    I'm merely reacting to the behaviour of certain posters, that's not even related to Blizzard or their products.

If your frail mind can't handle people responding based on what you've said, tough shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I'm reading the first 20 levels are not sounding great with how sparse abilities are. Even if people aren't buying into the whole 'sky is falling' bit, they might be glad if they got the first few levels now and had some abilities when 7.3.5 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    yes because something taking longer is obviously equal to engaging and fun for everyone /facepalm
    For everyone?

No, but whom should the content be designed for? The people that will appreciate it, or the people that won't ever have an attitude different than "skipping through as much as possible"?

I don't believe I've seen a single person that enjoys leveling, have issues with these changes. And that's before touching upon the topic of entirely new players coming in and having an experience that doesn't shuffle them between zones and rather allows them to keep questing and stick with a questline.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, you're the one having a temper tantrum and throwing insults around because of a simple thread advising people of changes that may impact them. Are you *sure* you're reacting appropriately?
    I'm not in a tantrum, you're projecting here.

Like I said, I'm merely responding to things you've written. If you don't stand by that, then that's alright with me.

From someone on the PTR:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...new_levelling/

CONS:

"Unnecessary time investment. (the levelling in 7.3.5 is NOT hard. It is NOT challenging. It is TIME INVESTING It is more so boring if you're not in it for the story in the zones."

"It is not a gameplay improvement whatsoever. Again, you barely take any damage. You don't need to worry about how many mobs you pull. It is a constant button mashing journey."
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    From someone on the PTR:

These people have always been very critical of the leveling experience afaik until 7.3.5 hit PTR.

People also report that the initial levels are still clearly tailored to entirely new players, whilst 35+ is when the changes become far more apparent in terms of mob health and damage.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-14 at 02:59 PM.

Again, you're overreacting and looking too much into it. Your perception is skewed because you approach Blizzard with the same mentality a cultist has towards a cult leader. The creator of the thread advised people of the change, not everyone knew (I didn't know personally, I haven't played WoW in a long time now).
    The creator of the thread didn't just advise people of the change. He made a VERY subjective opinion post about it based on some false assumptions.

What we're seeing now, as more and more people test the PTR, is that leveling time isn't "drastically increased", especially with heirlooms. It takes a little bit longer, but is counterbalanced by increased quality of the questing experience.

People criticized the OP because he made an alarmist post, then went on to make further baseless claims about people who disagreed with him being in the minority. Then doubled down and claimed that "most people" shared his opinion, and that "no one cares" about people who liked the change.

I'm sorry, but in this case the OP was way out of line, and criticizing the types of posts that take the same stance isn't unwarranted. It has nothing to do with defending Blizzard or being biased. But I guess the OP did manage to generate some awareness of the change, even if he did it in a terrible way. Gratz to him? Hope his biased PSA was worth the forum ban his responses earned him. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Proof as to the intellectual contribution coming from this camp.

Being for a coherent and engaging leveling process in an MMORPG = being a fanboy, apparently.
    What's coherent and engaging about making the leveling take 30% longer with no actual change to combat mechanics or quest structure?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What's coherent and engaging about making the leveling take 30% longer with no actual change to combat mechanics or quest structure?
    ... What?

The scaling tech literally means that you can spend more time in zones questing and killing things than moving on after 5 quests, spending time on flightpaths and jumping between and even skipping entire zones.

That makes the experience far less fractured and much more coherent.

As for engaging, that's up to the individual. I enjoy leveling, and thus I think the content becomes far more engaging when I'm not always focused on keeping up with the levels of zones.

I'm actually looking forward to pushing my 4 new subrace chars through the old content in a way where I can spend more then 4 hours on the original game world.

Sides from my Analysis on the PTR, if you're not dungeon spamming leveling is actually faster now since you're able to do more then a dozen quests before you have to walk to a whole new zone to keep leveling.

... What?

The scaling tech literally means that you can spend more time in zones questing and killing things than moving on after 5 quests, spending time on flightpaths and jumping between and even skipping entire zones.

That makes the experience far less fractured and much more coherent.

As for engaging, that's up to the individual. I enjoy leveling, and thus I think the content becomes far more engaging when I'm not always focused on keeping up with the levels of zones.
    There is nothing stopping you from staying in zones and completing them with the current system.

As someone who has completed the leveling zones many times, making me spend more time on old content does not make WoW more engaging.

There is nothing stopping you from staying in zones and completing them with the current system.

As someone who has completed the leveling zones many times, making me spend more time on old content does not make WoW more engaging.
    Yes but the new system gives you a REASON to. The quests won't gray out and be absolutely worthless (until you are ready to move on to the next expansions content).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

But there is, unless I pause XP gains which isn't exactly the point. Even when doing Iron Man, I spend too much time going between zones.

As someone who's done the leveling experience 40 times by now, allowing me to have a less fractured and more balanced experience in the leveling content below WoD will make WoW a better game and more engaging overall, allowing me to stay with my favourite zones and even skip areas of the leveling experience that I can't stand (Outland).

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Yes but the new system gives you a REASON to. The quests won't gray out and be absolutely worthless (until you are ready to move on to the next expansions content).
    But if you enjoy questing, what does it matter if you out level the zones in the process?

My beef with the new system isn't the scaling - I think that's a good idea. My beef is that they have made the leveling process longer when there was no need for it.

Yes, you can stay in the same zone...and get weak exp and bad loot. With the new system you continue to get level-equivalent experience and rewards. Under the old system you'd have to continually drop what you're doing in order to skip to a new area to maintain this. Whereas in the new system you can simply follow normal quest progression and not be punished for doing so.

Yes, the tradeoff is that it takes a little longer to kill things. But in the long run the difference in minor in absolute terms, going by reports from the PTR of people who have gone to 100.

But there is, unless I pause XP gains which isn't exactly the point. Even when doing Iron Man, I spend too much time going between zones.

As someone who's done the leveling experience 40 times by now, allowing me to have a less fractured and more balanced experience in the leveling content below WoD will make WoW a better game and more engaging overall, allowing me to stay with my favourite zones and even skip areas of the leveling experience that I can't stand (Outland).
    Do you quest for the sake of it, or do you quest to level a character?

But if you enjoy questing, what does it matter if you out level the zones in the process?

My beef with the new system isn't the scaling - I think that's a good idea. My beef is that they have made the leveling process longer when there was no need for it.
    There's a finite amount of zones within a given level range right now. Halting your XP and going through the zones might end up with you having to complement the XP not gained with dungeon running.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you quest for the sake of it, or do you quest to level a character?
    Both. They're not mutually exclusive.

Having to go toggle off XP and then compensate through dungeon runs, breaks the experience and makes it far less immersive to me.

ERGO, the 7.3.5 changes makes the leveling experience more coherent and engaging. People that just don't enjoy the leveling experience anymore are shit out of luck I guess? The game shouldn't be designed around the assumption that people don't want to play aspects of it, but rather focused on making it as engaging and fun as possible to the people that DO enjoy said aspects.

30% Longer? Really?

Where'd you pull that number from?

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing stopping you from staying in zones and completing them with the current system..
    Yeah, sure- other than you know- the quests give diminishing levels of experience once they fall below yellow, the fact that you spend less time traveling = more time gaining experience, or if you level the same way I have and queue for dungeons as you're jaunting through Westfall, pop on into deadmines, gain 3 levels only to return to questing to find out that you've outleveled not only westfall, but the next area too and spend the next 10 minutes traveling (Not to mention Deadmines gives experience all the way to the level cap for Vanilla now).