Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Calm the snark and sass a bit. It looks like you feel someone is slapping your child or some shit.
    How about I do me and you do you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    You could've leveled a lot slower already without using heirlooms or elixirs. Nobody stopped you from questing and leveling through questing, using the quest reward gear that you obtain along the way.

Having scaling added was the only thing the game needed.
    which just underlines how much it needs to be changed as its a core aspect of the game.

You know what would be a meaningful leveling experience? Had they introduced scaling and nerfed heirlooms. That way we'd still have a bonus in terms of experience gained for gear we've paid for in the game, we'd have a harder time killing things, we'd manage to finish zones on continuity, but it wouldn't take longer for no reason at all.
    Actually, it'd take longer no matter how you spin it if the goal is to allow players to manage finishing zones without outleveling them. Even the Iron Man on Live servers is quick as hell.

Ergo: The changes being made with 7.3.5 are all necessary for the end result. The "no reason at all" to you is "for the sake of a better experience" to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    How about I do me and you do you.
    It's ultimately up to you, but I agree with the posters before.

Actually, it'd take longer no matter how you spin it if the goal is to allow players to manage finishing zones without outleveling them.

Ergo: The changes being made with 7.3.5. The "no reason at all" to you is "for the sake of a better experience" to others.
    You would take and that is perfectly fine. You love to level, I understand. The point is that a huge part of the community doesn't.

In analogy to your last sentence, what is for the sake of a better experience to you is for the sake of a worse experience to us.

It's ultimately up to you, but I agree with the posters before.
    And I am heartbroken by it.

Carry on.

And I am heartbroken by it.

Carry on.
    I think you ought to go outside and take a breath, but sure - go on. The way you're representing yourself doesn't really harm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    which just underlines how much it needs to be changed as its a core aspect of the game.
    It is a core aspect of the game that needs changing from its foundation, yes. Killing moths in Ammen Vale, saving Darkshore from the Twilight's Cultists, fighting the other faction in Ashenvale through a bunch of quests, killing trolls and tigers in Strangletorn, killing dwarves in the Searing Gorge and then continuing on an on through the same stuff you already experienced - only this time at a much slower pace - is hardly a core aspect worth mentioning.

You would take and that is perfectly fine. You love to level, I understand. The point is that a huge part of the community doesn't.
    A part of the community might not enjoy it, but that part of the game is a fact and shouldn't be catered around the people that don't enjoy it when it can be catered towards giving new players and those that enjoy that aspect of MMORPGs a better experience. That's my opinion at least.

We all have aspects of this game that we don't enjoy. In the end we can either choose to participate or not. People being so incredibly put off by the concept of leveling in any content below current expansions, will just have to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    When you could level 3-5 times in 10 minutes....

Leveling wasn't just easy before, it was pointless.
    One can ask what is the point of leveling anyway? Let's not pretend it's about learning your class. You can become reasonably competent with a boosted character in 30 minutes. Most of the classes aren't particularly challenging to play.

A part of the community might not enjoy it, but that part of the game is a fact and shouldn't be catered around the people that don't enjoy it when it can be catered towards giving new players and those that enjoy that aspect of MMORPGs a better experience. That's my opinion at least.

We all have aspects of this game that we don't enjoy. In the end we can either choose to participate or not. People being so incredibly put off by the concept of leveling in any content below current expansions, will just have to adapt.
    It isn't about the concept of leveling; leveling is perfectly fine, as long as it isn't outdated as hell, in this case going 10 years into the past.

I enjoy leveling and experiencing zones and questlines, but there is only so many times you can experience something before it completely uses its original value and then becomes a bridge that needs gapping in order to reach new content.

Your opinion, not a fact.
    Oh, please let me know how I can have a max level character without leveling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Again, I get it, you like the changes. Absolutely no one cares, I wasn't asking for people's thoughts and opinions, I'm trying to help people who have a particular opinion.
    Oh stahp. Just stop it. You're not fooling anyone. We all know this is merely a whine thread about the leveling changes and you could actually not give a shit less about "helping" anyone.

We get it. You're salty and wanted to come cry to the forums. Stop trying to pretend you came here to save us all from these horrible changes.

Deleted
    Makes me wonder if the people working on WoW actually communicate with one another.

Ever since WotLK, they have constantly decreased the amount of time it takes to get to max level, they added heirlooms and revamped the old world, eliminating a lot of the annoyances from back then (whether these changes are for the better or worse is subjective I guess). Anyway, the fact that they have made leveling so fast makes me think that they want people to be able to reach max level as fast as possible so that they can get to enjoy/ experience the newest expansion - so pretty much reversing the saying "the journey is more important than the destination".

Now, they make leveling slow again, but why I wonder. I mean nothing wrong with that at all. But it has been ten years since they started speeding up leveling and all of a sudden they do a 180 degree turn.

I think you ought to go outside and take a breath, but sure - go on. The way you're representing yourself doesn't really harm me.
    I think you're projecting here.

I think you're projecting here.
    Why should I go outside and take a breath?

Some people become incredibly defensive and snarky when you have a negative opinion about an aspect of WoW. It's actually quite weird. I suspect they've invested so much of their time and/or personal identity into the game that an attack on WoW feels like an attack on them personally.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Oh, please let me know how I can have a max level character without leveling it.
    Nono, that's not where the opinion comes into question.

The "opinion" part comes from how you feel about what leveling is about. To you it might be all about having a max level character, to others it might be about the journey itself.

As for ways to have a max level character without leveling it: Boost, through gold or cash.

- - - Updated - - -

Why should I go outside and take a breath?
    Why should I?

It makes me think that you're projecting your own state of mind onto me, for some reason.

You can buy this amazing boost service for $59.99 and get to the point where you want to be! NO! To the point where you deserve to be!

The huge experience pools required to level were totally made to make your experience of 10+ years old content enjoyable and not to sell more boosts or force a higher playtime on all those who won't buy a boost.

Some people become incredibly defensive and snarky when you have a negative opinion about an aspect of WoW. It's actually quite weird. I suspect they've invested so much of their time and/or personal identity into the game that an attack on WoW feels like an attack on them personally.
    I mean, I get it. I've been playing since TBC, but I've always had things I was skeptical or critical about when playing WoW, all throughout the years (while still enjoying the game as a whole), so I guess it hasn't quite reached the same level for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Why should I?

It makes me think that you're projecting your own state of mind onto me, for some reason.
    You seem extraordinarily irritated and snappy. Like I said: as if you feel personally attacked. That's why I felt it might be better to take a breather.