LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    That looks like an orc female.
    But it's a female ogre.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    But it's a female ogre.
    According to whom?

It looks like an orc female. Precisely like they look in game.

Here's another image of an ogre female.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

According to whom?
    According to the completely canon Traveler book.

Here's an excerpt from page 265 on her:
    He ate walnuts out of a large quilboar skull held aloft by an ogre girl—small by ogre standards, yet still taller than Aram. Declaring she stood too far away, the king slapped her—for she was clearly not too far away to be punished—and reached into the skull for a few nuts.
    If you're a diehard lore fan or are interested in smaller stories in the Warcraft Universe I suggest you check it out.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-01-14 at 05:00 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    According to whom?

It looks like an orc female. Precisely like they look in game.

Here's another image of an ogre female.
    im pretty sure this is a dog

Highmaul Ogres clearly belong on the Alliance. Now that the Iron Horde is gone, they have no reason to take orders from the orcs who they hate.

Recently, with the rise of the Iron Horde, the Gorian Empire lost its dominance on Draenor. The last emperor, Imperator Mar'gok, reluctantly aligned the empire with the orcs to ensure its continued survival, although he would gladly turn against the orcs if the situation was favorable.

He may be dead, but his subjects most certainly share his sentiments. They aren't going to be taking orders from orcs, especially since all of the Allied Races have chosen to join their factions of their own free will.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Room V View Post
    Highmaul Ogres clearly belong on the Alliance. Now that the Iron Horde is gone, they have no reason to take orders from the orcs who they hate.

Recently, with the rise of the Iron Horde, the Gorian Empire lost its dominance on Draenor. The last emperor, Imperator Mar'gok, reluctantly aligned the empire with the orcs to ensure its continued survival, although he would gladly turn against the orcs if the situation was favorable.

He may be dead, but his subjects most certainly share his sentiments. They aren't going to be taking orders from orcs, especially since all of the Allied Races have chosen to join their factions of their own free will.
    "clearly belong" to the alliance lul, the faction of racists would never allow ogres join, when ores were part of the horde whor avage the alliance in the second war, they would kill then on sign

They would turn their backs against the iron Horde by ally themselves with he normal horde

As much as I would like to see playable Ogres, I really want Vrykul in the Horde. It would be so badass. Give the Alliance Kul Tirans, or some sort of other lame giant race.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    As much as I would like to see playable Ogres, I really want Vrykul in the Horde. It would be so badass. Give the Alliance Kul Tirans, or some sort of other lame giant race.
    Vrykul for the Horde doesn't make a lick of sense, they have no connection whatsoever.

Slyvanas has an agenda of immortality and tried to enslave Eyir and gain control more val'kyr. Val'kyr are crucial servants of Odyn, the god of the vrykul.

Plus the Alliance needs diversity and they make a great counterpart to ogres—like goblins and gnomes or orcs and humans.

There's another thing worth mentioning discussing, in addition to what the two posters above stated. It's seems apparent that Blizzard has no intention of respecting the cultural and/or political divide(s) that they themselves clearly delineated throughout both of the published volumes of the Warcraft Chronicle.

The first volume very eloquently establishes that political landscape of ancient Azeroth was predominantly centered around the conflict(s) between Trolls and Elves -- they're described as growing, over the years, into nations of diametrically opposed peoples. There will always be a slight amount of deviation from the norm (i.e. Blood Elves forming a close relationship with the Darkspear Trolls) but as a general rule this is one of the core dichotomies created by Volume I. It would've been natural to imagine that the Horde as "the faction for Trolls" and the Alliance as "the faction for Elves", but instead they've elected to brush away the line-in-the-sand that had been drawn by their previous narrative choices.

• That was the first "core antagonism", the discontent between Trolls and Elves.
    • The second "core antagonism", if we're accepting of this terminology, is best characterized as following the plight(s) of the various races who descend from the creations of the Titans (i.e. seed races) in their dealings with native and/or foreign elements. This demarcation hasn't been negatively impacted, as of yet, because all of the seed races are members of the Alliance and virtually all of the non-seed races are members of the Horde.

If they were to introduce Vrykul to the Horde, they would be dissolving a very clear division in their own narrative for... the sake of being "edgy" within the scope of fantasy storytelling. The result will not be dissimilar to what they've done by adding Nightborne to the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    If they were to introduce Vrykul to the Horde, they would be dissolving a very clear division in their own narrative for... the sake of being "edgy" within the scope of fantasy storytelling. The result will not be dissimilar to what they've done by adding Nightborne to the Horde.
    With this logic, Draenei should be in the Horde and Undead in the Alliance. It's a non-starter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    There's another thing worth mentioning discussing, in addition to what the two posters above stated. It's seems apparent that Blizzard has no intention of respecting the cultural and/or political divide(s) that they themselves clearly delineated throughout both of the published volumes of the Warcraft Chronicle.

The first volume very eloquently establishes that political landscape of ancient Azeroth was predominantly centered around the conflict(s) between Trolls and Elves -- they're described as growing, over the years, into nations of diametrically opposed peoples. There will always be a slight amount of deviation from the norm (i.e. Blood Elves forming a close relationship with the Darkspear Trolls) but as a general rule this is one of the core dichotomies created by Volume I. It would've been natural to imagine that the Horde as "the faction for Trolls" and the Alliance as "the faction for Elves", but instead they've elected to brush away the line-in-the-sand that had been drawn by their previous narrative choices.

• That was the first "core antagonism", the discontent between Trolls and Elves.
    • The second "core antagonism", if we're accepting of this terminology, is best characterized as following the plight(s) of the various races who descend from the creations of the Titans (i.e. seed races) in their dealings with native and/or foreign elements. This demarcation hasn't been negatively impacted, as of yet, because all of the seed races are members of the Alliance and virtually all of the non-seed races are members of the Horde.

Those were Amani trolls, also known as forest trolls. They are not the same group as Darkspears who lived on an island and never was a part of that conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...1076144?page=1

I did a topic on the oficial foruns with some ideas and how they could put ogres and vrykuls on the game, if you guys want check out

I put a lot of class/combinations, but this are things who can change

one of the ideas is Vrykul druid, with the Hobbit concept of skin-changer from The Hobbit with Beorn

Ogre paladin would be a warplate, roman legionaries from Goria.

I will edit the topic later, with better suggestions and adding mounts for them.
    I like the idea of azerite somehow making ogres smarter. That's really elegant solution to how to make them playable without being morons.

With this logic, Draenei should be in the Horde and Undead in the Alliance. It's a non-starter.
    I specifically addressed this in the post.

That an exception exists doesn't discount a rule (i.e. if we presume that the Alliance is "the faction for Elves" and the Horde is "the faction for Trolls", it doesn't follow that a fundamental understanding of this rule must be abandoned when groups like Blood Elves or Dark Trolls join the Horde or Alliance, respectively), but when you continue to break a rule it stops becoming a rule. In an expansion touted as being hyper-focused on faction identity, Blizzard's predilection for mixing and matching races with an iconic connection to either faction is a head-scratcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Those were Amani trolls, also known as forest trolls. They are not the same group as Darkspears who lived on an island and never was a part of that conflict.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/War_betwee...e_Twin_Empires

It was a conflict between the, then, two most powerful nations of Trolls -- Amani and Gurubashi. It is from these two groups that the following descend:

Amani, Mossflayer, Shadowpine, Witherbark, Vilebranch, Smolderthorn, Revantusk, Firetree and Gurubashi, Skullsplitter, Shatterspear, Bloodscalp, Darkspear, Pinkspear, Atal'ai, Hakkari, Zanzil

It's not unreasonable that the immortal Night Elves, and similarly Nightborne, would have trouble distinguishing between ancient Gurubashi and modern Darkspear at a cultural level -- especially since the modern Darkspear make a point of maintaining their ancient practices (with a couple exceptions, of course, like cannibalism).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I like the idea of azerite somehow making ogres smarter. That's really elegant solution to how to make them playable without being morons.
    but i mena, they could just said they are smart too, retcons happens all the time anyway, i just try to addres all options

i will edit the topic later with better and polite suggestions, just waiting this patch problems end, so the topic don't will be overshadow

- - - Updated - - -

if we get vrkul we would never get ogres, and this is a no no

Also, if we get anything before ogres i quit the horde for good, fuck blizzard and their elves
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-18 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Also, if we get anything before ogres i quit the horde for good, fuck blizzard and their elves
    I don’t wanna shit in your cereal, but I think it’s highly unlikely that Ogres are the next playable race added to the Horde...I’d love it, but I don’t see it happening next.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I don’t wanna shit in your cereal, but I think it’s highly unlikely that Ogres are the next playable race added to the Horde...I’d love it, but I don’t see it happening next.
    you think i don't know? im a realist, i know they will put brown orc as allied when don't make sense, and im sure they will put another shit after then, and because of this i am more angry about

Just saying i will rly quit if they don't put ogres, and only back to play one

Tideskorn Vrykul
    Background: With the ascension of Highmountain and Suramar into the Horde, the God-Queen of the Tideskorn, Sigryn, fears that a conflict to the west may be unavoidable. Fighting alongside the Alliance during the war against the Burning Legion, the young ruler now seeks to gain their aid and secure a prosperous future for her archaic people among the nations of men and other races.

Racial Leader:
    Primary: God-Queen Sigryn
    Secondary: Jarl Velbrand, Runeseeker Faljar, Ashildir

Classes:
    * Warrior (Given)
    * Hunter (Given)
    * Shaman (Bonespeakers)
    * Druid (Based off of Berserkers)
    * Priest (Worshippers of Odyn)
    * Mage (Arcane Runemasters)
    * Warlock (Remnants of the Felsworn)

Capital: Halls of Valor

Racial Mount: Bear

Languages:
    - Vrykul (Primary)
    - Common (Secondary)

Haven't figured out racials yet. In terms of heritage armor, they should have something akin to Vrykul Leoric skin from HoTS, pictured here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Tideskorn Vrykul
    Background: With the ascension of Highmountain and Suramar into the Horde, the God-Queen of the Tideskorn, Sigryn, fears that a conflict to the west may be unavoidable. Fighting alongside the Alliance during the war against the Burning Legion, the young ruler now seeks to gain their aid and secure a prosperous future for her archaic people among the nations of men and other races.

Racial Leader:
    Primary: God-Queen Sigryn
    Secondary: Jarl Velbrand, Runeseeker Faljar, Ashildir

Classes:
    * Warrior (Given)
    * Hunter (Given)
    * Shaman (Bonespeakers)
    * Druid (Based off of Berserkers)
    * Priest (Worshippers of Odyn)
    * Mage (Arcane Runemasters)
    * Warlock (Remnants of the Felsworn)

Capital: Halls of Valor

Racial Mount: Bear

Languages:
    - Vrykul (Primary)
    - Common (Secondary)

Haven't figured out racials yet. In terms of heritage armor, they should have something akin to Vrykul Leoric skin from HoTS, pictured here.

nice, i edited my post on the oficial forum about racial leader and mounts too
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...1076144?page=1

if you wish i could put your idea/view on te topic as well

About mounts i put ground and flying mounts for both, heritage armor i think could work something like the "dragon armor"some vrykul uses in the halls of valor, or the robes havi and other casters use

Guys.... Khaz'gorian Hammer . Khaz'GORIAN!

is this a subtle foreshadowing for ogres or wot?! =D