Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Wow is declining in subscribers due to it's age, not due to how the game has changed. Any MMO as old as WoW hit a peak (WotLK) that it will never hit again (or at least in WoWs case hold because it did spike back up to those levels temporarily).
    To what do you attribute those spikes to 10 millions?

Could it be millions of players hoping for a return to a simpler, more rewarding game like WoW used to be Vanilla thru WotLK

I certainly think so. In fact, I am betting on it. WoW is the quintessential MMORPG... and it is timeless. The story/lore, the concepts, the mechanics (as they once were) are just as fun today as they were at it's peak. It is the idiotic developers trying to re-invent the wheel that has harmed the game drastically.

Classic will prove this... especially8 when it rolls over to TBC and WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

Could it be millions of players hoping for a return to a simpler, more rewarding game like WoW used to be Vanilla thru WotLK

I certainly think so. In fact, I am betting on it. WoW is the quintessential MMORPG... and it is timeless. The story/lore, the concepts, the mechanics (as they once were) are just as fun today as they were at it's peak. It is the idiotic developers trying to re-invent the wheel that has harmed the game drastically.

No. Not in the least.

It's because they are hyped for the new and shiny content and then leave after they consume all the new stuff. The people who quit would have quit regardless, even if they kept the game exactly the same.

If WoW, today, remained exactly like it did in the past it still would be loosing subs.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Why did you change my name when you quoted me?
    Couldn't quote for some reason lol had to type the name in manually into the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post

Mechanics were fun? They were simplistic in the least. Is that fun for you? Go play Lego then

Deleted
    Jokes on you. I don't level because it's pathetically easy and broken. Now it will be easy, but at least not broken so I might actually level again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. "Everyone" knows that the EXP required for lower levels is being increased and that monster health is being drastically increased.
    I hope they are doing this in dungeons especially. It's ridiculous that a tank can pull half the instance without a healer and be the top dps at the same time. It's not fun playing a class that has cast times for abilities - half of the time you don't get a cast through when the target is already dead, and you are reduced to spamming minor instant casts. Even boss fights rarely last longer than 10 seconds. They don't even get to use any of their specials, unless there are scripted events.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I hope they are doing this in dungeons especially. It's ridiculous that a tank can pull half the instance without a healer and be the top dps at the same time. It's not fun playing a class that has cast times for abilities - half of the time you don't get a cast through when the target is already dead, and you are reduced to spamming minor instant casts. Even boss fights rarely last longer than 10 seconds. They don't even get to use any of their specials, unless there are scripted events.
    The new scaling does effect dungeons as well as the open world. Dungeons at low levels will still be easy, because they're low levels. But they'll also actually feel like dungeons. No more tank running ahead by himself AOEing everything solo. You can still run them fast, but just not at full-stupid faceroll speed.

Deleted
    Just noticed that Blizzard actually already sped up leveling in 2007 with patch 2.3.

Many leveling improvements have been made for the old world.

The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been decreased between levels 20 and 60. In addition, the amount of experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and 60.
    Level 1-60 dungeon quests have had their experience and faction rewards increased.
    Many elite creatures and quests in the level 1-60 experience have been changed to accommodate solo play.
    Also I pretty much saying "fuck everyone who does not enjoy slow(er) leveling" is kinda strange. I honestly doubt that they are that many people that solely play WoW for repeatedly leveling from 1 to max level; especially when considering how many RPGs there are that are way more interesting (I mean, come on, the low level quests in WoW are not really much to write home about).
    Last edited by mmocde26664bcf; 2018-01-14 at 10:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The new scaling does effect dungeons as well as the open world. Dungeons at low levels will still be easy, because they're low levels. But they'll also actually feel like dungeons. No more tank running ahead by himself AOEing everything solo. You can still run them fast, but just not at full-stupid faceroll speed.
    Yeah, that's what I hate the most. Just a couple of days ago I was leveling a lvl 25-ish alt, and the tank just kept steamrolling ahead. All the rest of the players could do was to follow. We literally went half of the dungeon without stopping at all - he even pulled a boss and kept running along the corridor to the next trash group. That's just all wrong on so many levels; it encourages the wrong kind of playing style, the wrong kind of attitude, and leads to completely clueless tanks.

At least it's all the more satisfying to watch when in their arrogance they finally bite more than they can chew and die embarrassingly. Happened in Utgarde when the tank ran to pull a boss, completely ignoring the rest of the players who were still in the previous room picking up their quest items - as if the whole dungeon was his personal playground and others existed just as fillers. Turned out that the boss had mechanics he couldn't handle. And few things in the world are more satisfying that watching idiots die.

Solo content, however... I still remember Vanillla/TBC leveling on the weaker classes. You shouldn't be in a constant fear of death just because you accidentally aggro two mobs instead of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Yeah, that's what I hate the most. Just a couple of days ago I was leveling a lvl 25-ish alt, and the tank just kept steamrolling ahead. All the rest of the players could do was to follow. We literally went half of the dungeon without stopping at all - he even pulled a boss and kept running along the corridor to the next trash group. That's just all wrong on so many levels; it encourages the wrong kind of playing style, the wrong kind of attitude, and leads to completely clueless tanks.

At least it's all the more satisfying to watch when in their arrogance they finally bite more than they can chew and die embarrassingly. Happened in Utgarde when the tank ran to pull a boss, completely ignoring the rest of the players who were still in the previous room picking up their quest items - as if the whole dungeon was his personal playground and others existed just as fillers. Turned out that the boss had mechanics he couldn't handle. And few things in the world are more satisfying that watching idiots die.

Solo content, however... I still remember Vanillla/TBC leveling on the weaker classes. You shouldn't be in a constant fear of death just because you accidentally aggro two mobs instead of one.
    Solo content isn't that bad. You can handle several enemies at once as long as you're careful. Enemies aren't doing more damage, they just have more hitpoints. So just don't facetank a bazillion enemies and play smart.

But on the plus side of dungeons, they also scale with you, meaning you can run the same dungeon over and over and over if that's what you really want. Exp, gold, and drops will all scale along with the mobs.

The fun is in the journey, not the destination.

Deleted
    lol. All this bitching and complaining about leveling taking a few hours to a day longer at best. Jesus fucking christ how ever will you recover?

The instant gratification generation truly is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    The WHOLE reason Heirlooms were introduced was to speed up the leveling process for people who've already done it on one character.
    Most of WoW's playerbase, then.

Oh man, can't wait for 7.3.5 to hit so i can level new chars. Without Heirlooms.
    I've been waiting for something like that for so long. I love the changes. Leveled a new char all the way to 60 on the PTR and loved it so much. I'm glad Blizzard is doing it right now. I hope in BFA it takes much longer to hit the level cap, Legion was so fast.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Let's frame it in another way than "the people who think a broken system is better."

The people who think the ideal situation between a group of people that love to level over and over again and repeat quests and still get enjoyment out of smelling that peacebloom on a hill in Mulgore that they visited on 20+ characters before and a group of people that have already experienced it and just want to get a new character into current, relevant content and play the endgame isn't to tell the latter group that: "uh, Jimmy wants to sniff peacebloom, so take a bit longer leveling a character from 1 to 110, which is already starting to become a slog to do repeatedly with each level cap added, ok?"
    If you don't want to do quests, get a boost, use the dungeon finder, ask a friend to rush you or ask Blizzard to let you just start at lvl 120 by default.
    If you do want to level through the quests, don't complain that they are not broken anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    If you don't want to do quests, get a boost, use the dungeon finder, ask a friend to rush you or ask Blizzard to let you just start at lvl 120 by default.
    If you do want to level through the quests, don't complain that they are not broken anymore.
    Next post, feel free to give me an argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    lol. All this bitching and complaining about leveling taking a few hours to a day longer at best. Jesus fucking christ how ever will you recover?

The instant gratification generation truly is pathetic.
    Oh cool, it's the good ol' "diminish it when it doesn't matter to me." tactic.

Haven't seen that from 90% of forum-posting MMORPG players yet.

I have.

Oh no, it will take 10% longer to level than it is now!

The apocalypse is here! Run for your lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Next post, feel free to give me an argument.
    What argument do you need? The system is broken. Broken things should be fixed.
    If there was a bug giving mythic rewards for doing LFR, would it be wrong to hotfix it? I mean, some people are tired of the repetitive gearing and doing the same raid over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    What argument do you need? The system is broken. Broken things should be fixed.
    Leveling isn't broken. You can start a new character and level it through quests, dungeons, pvp, or gathering professions. You can gear up easily. You can reach high end content at your own pace. You can turn xp off or speed it up with heirlooms.

It's not a perfect system but if does the job it needs to do. Complaining that leveling is broken because the xp is coming in too fast is silly. It's not possible to "fix" leveling the way some people want. Blizzard has already tried this multiple times, including a few major patches (like 2.3) and two entire expansions (Cataclysm and Legion). Legion's scaling has its own issues. It diminishes the sense of character progression because everything is always your level. The changes Blizzard are making might seem great now....but they'll eventually wear thin when you're repeating the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by R S Wasserman View Post
    The fun is in the journey, not the destination.
    Right.

Yet for some, maybe most of the millions who have leveled a character countless times, the fun is in the destination, not the journey.
    Altaholics is a thing.
    I get that.
    Kudos to them.

No amount of mob hp increase or having to press 2 to 3 buttons rather than 1, or making the transition into leveling zones more fluid is going to 'pretty up' or put the fun in leveling.
    Again.

If this is more aimed at totally new players to WoW, then fine.
    There is something in that.
    Allthough those new players won't know any different anyways so that's a moot point to begin with.

Not directing this at you, just a general observation and reversal of what you said.
    Last edited by Heeresman; 2018-01-15 at 01:41 AM.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long