Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Uranium One Deal - Grand Jury Indictment

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...ne-deal-report

A grand jury reportedly brought charges in the Uranium One investigation against a man who investigators say tried to bribe a Russian official at the country's state-run nuclear energy corporation.

Mark Lambert, former head of a Maryland-based transportation company, was indicted last Thursday on 11 counts of money laundering and wire fraud, according to the New York Post.

The Uranium One investigation centers on the Obama administration's clearing of a business deal that allowed a Russian nuclear firm to buy a Canadian uranium mining company with assets in the U.S.

In the indictment, prosecutors accuse Lambert of hiding the payments to the Russian official by using code words such as “lucky figures,” “lucky numbers” and “cake.” The official Lambert was accused of bribing works at a subsidiary of Russia’s State Atomic Energy Corp.

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission told Congress in 2010 that no uranium at either facility purchased by the Russian company could be exported. Still, some of the uranium mined after the deal made it as far away as Europe, The Hill reported in November.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said at the time that it was "disturbing" to see that some of the yellowcake uranium had made its way overseas despite promises from the U.S. government to the contrary.

"The more that surfaces about this deal, the more questions it raises," Grassley said in a statement.

"It now appears that despite pledges to the contrary, U.S. uranium made its way overseas as a part of the Uranium One deal," Grassley said in the statement. "What’s more disturbing, those transactions were apparently made possible by various Obama Administration agencies while the Democrat-controlled Congress turned a blind eye."
    Uh oh.. Why would the Obama administration (including Hillary) approve this deal? I wonder...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post

Uh oh.. Why would the Obama administration (including Hillary) approve this deal? I wonder...
    So what's the connection to Hillary, again?

https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/statu...26925479989250

If anything, this deal looks bad for Flynn and company, not Hillary. Remember, it was Mark Lambart who was indicted on on charges, not anyone in the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So what's the connection to Hillary, again?

https://twitter.com/TeaPainUSA/statu...26925479989250

If anything, this deal looks bad for Flynn and company, not Hillary. Remember, it was Mark Lambart who was indicted on on charges, not anyone in the government.
    Why would Hillary and co approve this deal? They had the rubber stamp. And how does what Flyn did UNDER OBAMA's ADMINISTRATION have anything to do with Trump? I'm confused.. This "Tea pain" guy is blaming Trump for uranium one deal somehow? Is he high?

Because it was their duty to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Because it was their duty to do so.
    It was their duty to give away our Uranium to our enemy? Interesting.

The government is only legally allowed to bar acquisitions based on certain criteria. Since the Uranium One deal did not meet that criteria, they have to approve it. If they didn't, Uranium One would sue the federal government for approval, and damages, and win.

Why would Hillary and co approve this deal? They had the rubber stamp. And how does what Flyn did UNDER OBAMA's ADMINISTRATION have anything to do with Trump? I'm confused.. This "Tea pain" guy is blaming Trump for uranium one deal somehow? Is he high?
    It's a hair tin-foily, but he makes the connections between players in Uranium One, people who became members of the Trump campaign, and members of the Trump administration. It's a stretch, but it's a lot more solid than anything you've presented that implicates Hillary in any wrongdoing.

How many other independent agencies approved of the deal, again?

What is the “uh oh”?
    Seriously, what are you alleging anyone in the administration did wrong based on this indictment of someone unconnected to them?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Except that under the terms of the deal, none of that uranium is legally allowed to be transported out of the United States. That it has is certainly a problem, but rather than blaming the people who rubber stamped the deal shouldn't you be looking for the people who are actually responsible for transporting it out of the country?

Blaming Hillary Clinton right out of the gate is exactly the same fuck--up that Republicans made with both Benghazi and Clinton's e-mail. They're not asking "what happened?", they're asking "what can we punish Hillary Clinton for?" It makes it blatantly obvious that their primary concern is not dealing with wrong-doing but with sticking it to their political opponent. The result is going to be the same as those two, as well: a lot of sound and fury but nothing gets done that actually qualifies as problem-solving. The Republicans spent tens of millions of dollars trying to pin Benghazi on Clinton rather than having serious conversations about embassy security, and in the end nothing really happened that would prevent a similar occurrence in the future. The Republicans also spent tens of millions of dollars trying to get Clinton for mishandling of classified information rather than having serious conversations about how to adapt government policy in the internet age, and in the end none of the issues that led Clinton to feel that a private e-mail server would be more conducive to her work were ever addressed. I'm calling it right now, the Republicans' ham-fisted attempts to blame this entirely on Hillary Clinton are going to lead to the actual issues at hand here being overlooked or forgotten and ultimately nothing will be done to address the actual problems or alleviate them going forward.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2018-01-14 at 11:52 PM.

Please be more specific as to which conspiracy theory you wish to advance.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Please be more specific as to which conspiracy theory you wish to advance.
    Conspiracy theories aren't allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Conspiracy theories aren't allowed.
    That's kind of the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh goodie...are we going to get another round of conservative hypocrisy here?

Mueller indictments: "They were nobodies unconnected and not about the topic! Nothingburger!"
    Uranium One indictments: "Hillary and Obama are going dooooooooooown."

It's almost boring at this point really.

Is this the point where we call it a nothingburger, and start blaming Hillary... I mean Trump?

So you are using a false talking point already, not entirely surprising. The uranium they mine, doesn't leave this country. Just because they mine it, doesn't mean it goes to Russia.

Lol this is already Trumps fault? You folks give him way to much credit.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Guessing this thread didn't go the way you wanted it to did it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Lol this is already Trumps fault? You folks give him way to much credit.
    I think they were making fun of Trump supporters like yourself saying it was Hillary's fault, even though she didn't really have a vote or a way to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Guessing this thread didn't go the way you wanted it to did it?

- - - Updated - - -

I think they were making fun of Trump supporters like yourself saying it was Hillary's fault, even though she didn't really have a vote or a way to stop it.
    I'm as much a Trump supporter as you, I'm just not as much a Trump hater as you. I'm well aware you can't fathom such a thing though.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I'm as much a Trump supporter as you, I'm just not as much a Trump hater as you. I'm well aware you can't fathom such a thing though.
    This is total non-response to what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

You claim to not be a Trump supporter, but spend a lot of time supporting Trump.