Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    So... after what is arguably one of the worst seasons for the Walking Dead, what is to happen to the show runners?

Why - they get PROMOTED, of course! =/

http://www.darkhorizons.com/walking-...ew-showrunner/
    i

In all fairness, this thread tends to think every season is the worst ever and every episode is the most pointless and boring ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    i

In all fairness, this thread tends to think every season is the worst ever and every episode is the most pointless and boring ever.
    If you don't believe people in this thread then how about the ratings falling to its lowest result since 2011

http://deadline.com/2017/11/walking-...mc-1202213137/

Its insanity gimple was promoted, but AMC are free to ruin more of their own shows if they wish

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Its insanity gimple was promoted, but AMC are free to ruin more of their own shows if they wish
    well in a sense, most people got what they wanted, Gimple not being show runner anymore. Being COO will mean that he wont have a much time focusing on TWD and instead must look at everything, hopefully this will bring TWD a new breath of life it desperatly needs with a new showrunner

If you don't believe people in this thread then how about the ratings falling to its lowest result since 2011

http://deadline.com/2017/11/walking-...mc-1202213137/

Ratings are down across a television programming regardless of its content or location. Any show with ratings that high will fall the farthest when measured in raw numbers. If you add in measurements that go beyond just live it’s not nearly as dire as it’s critics like to imagine.

Ratings are down across a television programming regardless of its content or location. Any show with ratings that high will fall the farthest when measured in raw numbers. If you add in measurements that go beyond just live it’s not nearly as dire as it’s critics like to imagine.
    People still watch TV, dont believe everything you read. Netflix are doing pretty well.

Your argument is that it had the most to lose so its an unfair comparison? Surely if it was still good, more of those would have stuck around to see how it all ends in a show they potentially invested 8 seasons into it. As opposed to dropping off a show they saw once.

I've defiantly noticed a lack of interest in walking dead in the mainstream/ talking about it with people. In part because of one cliff hanger too many and glenn taking a holiday under a dumpster. The way they cut up the show to have two big opening episodes and 2 finales per season. Do I need to bring up the CGI deer also? Show has been heading downhill for awhile.

:shrug:

Just like people that want to think WOW is dying are going to think that TWD is dying. Of course they will never miss a episode so they can talk about how bad it is. The nice thing about being a anti fan of a show is that in the end they are right. Every show gets cancelled eventually.

:shrug:

Just like people that want to think WOW is dying are going to think that TWD is dying. Of course they will never miss a episode so they can talk about how bad it is. The nice thing about being a anti fan of a show is that in the end they are right. Every show gets cancelled eventually.
    Pretty sure even that crowd has left the building.

It would be tricky to pull off but I would really, really love to see a zombie apocalypse themed show that genuinely takes the approach the leads to no character being safe and resets after every season to show a new location and a new batch of characters. I feel like one of the biggest flaws with TWD is that some characters are just consistently in no real danger and so we know that whenever they're on screen they'll somehow get out of whatever predicament they happen to be in at the time. Exceptions exist for secondary major characters who are killed off...but they almost always bite the dust during a mid season finale or an end of season finale. Which has become rather predictable in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    So... after what is arguably one of the worst seasons for the Walking Dead, what is to happen to the show runners?

Why - they get PROMOTED, of course! =/

http://www.darkhorizons.com/walking-...ew-showrunner/
    while this can look like a promotion, he will not have any overall say on how the show progresses I think. Yeah he is the overseer of all thing Walking Dead but I do not see this in anyway a promotion.

They needed a way to get him out of the Walking Dead production since he ruined a strong story arc and the dismal ratings for season 7 and 8 and since he didn't do anything 'wrong' or 'bad' this was probably their only way to get him away from the show production.

- - - Updated - - -

I've defiantly noticed a lack of interest in walking dead in the mainstream/ talking about it with people. In part because of one cliff hanger too many and glenn taking a holiday under a dumpster. The way they cut up the show to have two big opening episodes and 2 finales per season. Do I need to bring up the CGI deer also? Show has been heading downhill for awhile.
    My own opinion on the problem is that it has went too far in the man against man story. There is not enough walker action anymore and the show is becoming just too damned predictable.

With Glen, I will hold on to the fact that they did that scene and left it 'open' to see what fan backlash would be. If everyone went batshit crazy(which they did) then they would come up with what they did with Glen escaping the buffet. I call BULLSHIT on that since they landed cross style one on top of the other. The walkers should have seen glenn and feasted on his carcass too.

The other problem that I think is going on with the show is that it has become The Walking Fodder. I mean EVERY group that Rick and gang get introduced to all end up Walker chow..... I am seriously waiting on the moment Eric sees that bringing Rick and gang to Alexandria was a HUGE mistake. They went from lil over a hundred people in the community to a couple dozen in one season. Same for Terminus(though well deserved lol) and then the Governors community(not entirely their fault) and so on....

And NONE of them are unkillable(but looking at the comics I can see that is a valid story arc) but..... how long can one survive in this world befoer becoming Walker chow. All these people have FAR run out of the standard Walker chow luck.

Now add on top of that the Saviors... All 6 episodes of Season 8 we see PLENTY of them killed off in a brilliant strategic plan, and wnat does the gang do.... FUCK IT ALL UP for the sake of Plot Armor.

at leas one HUNDRED of Negans men killed is guerrilla strikes and the rest TRAPPED behind HUNDREDS of walkers....... and then BOOM they take not one camp but ALL THREE camps in one fell SWOOP withOUT even KNOWING where they were going to be, what their numbers were, what their armaments were........ Kingdom just let them waltz right on in and take the place... not a SINGLE person picked up a weapon..... Same with Alexandria everyone just tucked tail and RAN..... All those weapons stockpiled and NONE of these people defended their camps..... Then we have the Hilltop, their entire caravan just surrendered...... they allowed those vehicles to just drive on up to each of theirs and just gave up........

The writing of the past two seasons was utter GARBAGE. I felt more like I was watching DBZ than The Walking Dead. One minute the good guy is wrecking the villain, then BOOM the villian powers up and crushes the good guy and it is up to RICK/GOKU to come and save the day.........

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    snip
    Yup I think making the zombies background wallpaper was an incredibly bad move. People like zombie shows! Its part of how it got so big in the first place.

Instead they went for the sanctuary to sanctuary approach with increasingly more crazy and over the top villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I keep seeing this complain over and over in this thread, yet I still fail to grasp how do you guys actually expect slow ass zombies to be a thread after years into the bloody apocalypse in the middle of rural zones.

Plus, like it or not, the main focus of the series were never the zombies, not even back in the comics, it has always been about the living, the doomed ones, the actual walking dead, the people, on how they rebuild society, moral choices and shit, zombies were always just a tool for that.

I share the opinion that the show is plain mediocre, it rides a lot on forced character stupidity and random silly ass events (ninja zombies for example), however I finding that many people here are now just squeezing it for extra excuses to complain about it, and that one is a perfect example of it.
    still a zombie show with no zombies though

I keep seeing this complain over and over in this thread, yet I still fail to grasp how do you guys actually expect slow ass zombies to be a thread after years into the bloody apocalypse in the middle of rural zones.

Plus, like it or not, the main focus of the series were never the zombies, not even back in the comics, it has always been about the living, the doomed ones, the actual walking dead, the people, on how they rebuild society, moral choices and shit, zombies were always just a tool for that.
    I get the focus is on the living and their struggles, but come on, they are KILLING society... they are NO Where trying to rebuild it. It has been reduced to whose camp can we kill today. No grps so far have been trying to rebuild. They were all secluded off from eachother trying to stay alive until another human grp killed them or they were overun by a walker herd.

I share the opinion that the show is plain mediocre, it rides a lot on forced character stupidity and random silly ass events (ninja zombies for example), however I finding that many people here are now just squeezing it for extra excuses to complain about it, and that one is a perfect example of it.
    I personally think that the show has run its course. At this stage in the game, it is kill them before they kill us and there is no real story development in that type of setting. I mean even Fear the Walking Dead is already in the mindset of kill them before they kill us.

There is no surprises left in the show unless they find a cure, they all come together and sing com bah ya or the herds over run them all

One of the things that always grated my nerves was that, if they started using their heads and hunt the walkers is small excursions they could actually start retaking the states and herding the walkers to traps to kill them. Nope, it is just lets eek on by and pray we live for another day.

Sounds pretty legit.
    Herds of CGI zombies and the occasional ninja zombie doesnt count sorry.

Herds of CGI zombies and the occasional ninja zombie doesnt count sorry.
    You don't get to decide what counts sorry.

I have a lot of complaints with the show (and ill likely be done with it once this season ends) but to say there is no zombies or they don't matter is a outright lie. They mattered a great deal at the start of this season.

Herds of CGI zombies
    Kinda hard to make real zombies.......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

Kinda hard to make real zombies.......
    You know walking dead has Greg Nicotero, one of the best make up artists in the industry right?

I wouldn't mind if in the next half of the season, Rick gives up on Alexandria, crowns Negan the winner and decides to move on with his original group. The show needs to go back to its roots of making the world feel dangerous again, having to make difficult decisions to survive and all. And give the zombies a much bigger role. This season so far has been nothing but boring shoot offs, bad dialogue, the most stupid plot armor moments (freaking machine gun being deflected by Rick's car.....) and overall just bad writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombies barely matter, they're not scary. ITs just the ninja zombies and the stupid 'Oh I fell' bullshit. They've destroyed any auras around zombies in the show. They're simply a bland plot device now.

The show is in the toilet quite frankly (Not because of the Zombie thing though)
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2018-01-15 at 01:34 PM.

Now going as far as saying that there ain’t zombies in the show because the CGI ones supposedly don’t count as if it was realistically possible to do that kind of make up work on hundreds of people for every fucking horde scene… it’s just a pretty ridiculous exaggeration, if we take that kind of logic into shows such as Game of Thrones, well shit, I guess most of it’s content doesn’t really count for much then.
    The passive aggression is strong in this one. You could always try something different than generic horde of zombies #573. Their constant need to one up themselves each season has help lead to the ridiculousness that is the walking dead

The passive aggression is strong in this one. You could always try something different than generic horde of zombies #573. Their constant need to one up themselves each season has help lead to the ridiculousness that is the walking dead
    Agreed, at this point there are no real BIG HUGE upsets that they can do in the series without either a) killing off a character out of sync with comics or b) making some sort of huge Horde plot and the team just barely making it out with the loss of some secondary characters but none of the major players

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Agreed, at this point there are no real BIG HUGE upsets that they can do in the series without either a) killing off a character out of sync with comics or b) making some sort of huge Horde plot and the team just barely making it out with the loss of some secondary characters but none of the major players
    Season 2 it was water eroded zombies, Season 3 it was burnt zombies fresh out of a fire. Season 4 it was zombies falling from the roof. Now for them to be a threat because "we're so good at killing zombies now after so many seasons" even though the timeline is incredibly confusing they can only rely on hordes and ninjas to be a credible threat. And the need to go bigger and better each seasons has lead to shit like a gatling gun firing at rick in a jeep and darly on a motorbike like some old school cartoon