Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    Still hilarious that it took them like 10 minutes to get the field cleared off to take the final snap of the game.
    I don't get why they couldn't just fake the motions while everyone stayed on the field. It's not like the Vikings even attempted to kick or get into the end zone. The Saints were in their lockerroom anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow so much salt about refs after every game now.

"My team lost? Refs fault." "My team won on a questionablequestionable call? Refs were fine"

Kind of sad.

Awesome ending I guess. I quit on the Vikings though and I'm not going to bandwagon just because

- - - Updated - - -

I think new England vs Vikings or Philly vs jaguar would be the most fun ones
    You're a towel.

Lots of fun/crazy games this weekend. Hopefully the SB features the Jags and not the Pats. That would be refreshing.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post

"My team lost? Refs fault." "My team won on a questionablequestionable call? Refs were fine"

Kind of sad.
    It is more of a 'the refs were shit no matter who you were cheering for'. We need speciality trained younger, faster, smarter refs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either Nick Foles or Case Keenum is going to be the starting QB for a Superbowl team. Jeff Fisher must be asking himself how that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Either Nick Foles or Case Keenum is going to be the starting QB for a Superbowl team. Jeff Fisher must be asking himself how that could happen.
    If his "I must have left the Rams in a pretty good place" comments are any indication, I'm sure he thinks his coaching is, in some way, responsible for the success of those 2.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post

Kind of sad.

Awesome ending I guess. I quit on the Vikings though and I'm not going to bandwagon just because

- - - Updated - - -

I think new England vs Vikings or Philly vs jaguar would be the most fun ones
    The refs were legitimately bad this game. I say this thinking the Vikings win the Superbowl this year with my own team not making the postseason. Look at the first half of this game. You could likely pull someone off the street that would make better calls.

There needs to be better officiating in the NFL period. This game is a good example of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Mike Zimmer at the podium: “Heck of a game wasn’t it? And the good guys won.”"

lol Zimmer has the jokes.

- - - Updated - - -

"Mike Zimmer shouts out to fans watching his press conference & chanting his name: "Can you guys get me a beer?!?""

- - - Updated - - -

If the Patriots don't win, I hope the Vikings do. Zimmer is underrated.

- - - Updated - - -

AFC team that makes the Superbowl is going to either have 1 of 2 extremes (I think):

Vikings make the Superbowl and the homecrowd is going to loudly boo the AFC team.

Vikings do NOT make the Superbowl and the homecrowd is going to loudly boo the Eagles.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vikings: You don't need to block if the other team is already doing it for you.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

http://www.totalprosports.com/2018/0...tackle-tweets/

holy shit, that escalated pretty damn quickly.
    Jeeze. His wikipedia page is already updated to reflect his mistake too. Vicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    geezus, those fans are salty mofo's. Get a life, seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.totalprosports.com/2018/0...tackle-tweets/

holy shit, that escalated pretty damn quickly.
    He not only completely missed a tackle to a play that he should have hit, he ended up tackling and preventing a teammate from tackling Diggs.....he could have done better if he was not even on the field.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    He not only completely missed a tackle to a play that he should have hit, he ended up tackling and preventing a teammate from tackling Diggs.....he could have done better if he was not even on the field.
    Actually, he realized he was going to hit Diggs before the ball got there and purposefully dodged Diggs so as to not give the Vikings a penalty at the spot and an easy FG attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    yeah, but "kill yourself" "You shoulda got swept up in Katrina" "I hope Diggs fucks your wife" is just...stupidity.

He adjusted to avoid the penalty, just bad luck he took out the defender behind him too.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Rahim Moore got death threats and harassed a ton when he did basically the same thing as the Saints safety did. He will probably have it even worse before social media is much more of a thing now.

10+ Year Old Account
    people take the game waaaaaay too seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    He adjusted to avoid the penalty, just bad luck he took out the defender behind him too.
    That's kind of how I saw it too. Granted, all that means is instead of him making a poor tackling attempt, he simply did a really poor job in reading the throw and timing of the catch. I know the game is incredibly fast, but all he had to do is hold up as the ball is coming in and wrap the guy up.

It's all easier said than done of course. Either way, he just played poorly on that specific play and definitely deserves a lot of the blame for that specific play. He certainly doesn't deserve what he's getting from scumbag fans though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Actually, he realized he was going to hit Diggs before the ball got there and purposefully dodged Diggs so as to not give the Vikings a penalty at the spot and an easy FG attempt.
    So dodge and prevent someone on your team from stopping him? All he had to do was let him catch the ball then tackle him. Does not matter on downs because the game clock was at 0 seconds anyways and the game would have been over with just a tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    yeah, but "kill yourself" "You shoulda got swept up in Katrina" "I hope Diggs fucks your wife" is just...stupidity.
    I am not saying that those are reasonable things to say.
    Last edited by apepi; 2018-01-15 at 02:27 AM.