Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Interesting. I killed Vael in classic several times in 2006 as a guest raider in the server's top guild, it was incredibly easy. Maybe your tanks sucked?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, the biggest challenge of classic release will be handling the massive influx of population, followed by a massive loss of interest. I'm sure 5-10 millions will try classic in the first week but just a fraction will stay for 1 week or longer. So they have to come up with something brilliant to avoid having to merge servers 2 weeks after release.
    Could be. A well-organized guild (and you did say you were the top guild on your server) could do very very well in vanilla wow. For 95% of us though, it was hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    -The implementation of authenticators, and the integration of the classic wow game into the Blizzard app (I doubt anyone really cares about that but well) - without the function of the token but under the subscription of Live.
    -The removal of the old gamebreaking bugs, glitches and exploits.
    -Adding the ability to report players/gold-sellers/cheaters similarly to how you can do so on live. With like a right click option report player.
    Those are the only true changes to Classic that would be needed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I don't really think it's an authentic classic experience if most content is much easier than it was back then. That's like releasing a classic version of Legion but only providing the LFR versions of the raids.
    no? how is it like that?

it's like releasing legion with the 7.3.5 patch, which will ofc make mythic EN/NH/TOS/antorus easier, but it's not even close to LFR

one could argue that releasing NH/TOS in the way it was first implemented would not be good anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    this is vanilla. not vanilla with sprinkles.
    Oh, you can be pretty sure that blizz will make it an eyecandy. They said that you will get the classic-experience and troubles, but not that they will NOT make it an eyecandy.

2004 graphics without DX11 features and THE MOST AWFUL WATER EFFECT IN ANY GAME (heck, even when WoW was released, the water was more awful than the vanilla-water in oblivion, and that was released 2 years earlier)

And if you WANT YOUR VANILLA EXPERIENCE, change your graphic-settings to ultra-low. And then you get your vanilla-experience, including awful water (or did they remove it already?)

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Exactly right!

Which is why Classic should take it's time and cater to the broadest demographics. Not just one. Make a game all will enjoy!
    No, no, no. Nobody will enjoy that. Different games, different subscriptions, different sites and forums - both audiences must be completely separated from each other. It will be better for everyone because neither side will ever understand what the other side wants from the game.
    Last edited by Mushkins; 2018-01-14 at 06:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    No, no, no. Nobody will enjoy that. Different games, different subscriptions, different sites and forums - both audiences must be completely separated from each other. It will be better for everyone because neither side will ever understand what the other side wants from the game.
    Personally, I think the broadest part of both audiences will enjoy that.
    Here is something to believe in!

Personally, I think the broadest part of both audiences will enjoy that.
    i wouldnt say that. i would say that there would be alot more harmony if people asking for things that werent in vanilla to be in classic would be gone or at least moderated when its obvious they are trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt say that. i would say that there would be alot more harmony if people asking for things that werent in vanilla to be in classic would be gone or at least moderated when its obvious they are trolling.
    Se, here's my problem with that. Who gets to decide what should or shouldn't be in classic?

Everyone does according to Blizzard (which you handily quoted above). Hence why would you seek to silence any one side because they don't agree with you.

Se, here's my problem with that. Who gets to decide what should or shouldn't be in classic?

Everyone does according to Blizzard (which you handily quoted above). Hence why would you seek to silence any one side because they don't agree with you.
    everyone gets to decide what patch they do or a franken patch of anything that was in vanilla.

anything outside of that is not what they said.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

Anything jump out at you that you'd forgotten about old school World of Warcraft?

J. Allen Brack: Yeah, I'd forgotten that whenever you buffed one of your party members with Intellect, you had to actually sit down and drink after that. Then you stood up, buffed another party member with Intellect and then you had to drink again. It's a much slower pace. There's a lot of prep time.

It's an interesting part of human memories, right? I think we like to remember the good parts, but the bad parts sometimes go away over time.

Do you think there'll be a line to walk for the team, then? Somewhere between creating that authentic experience that people have asked for, while also figuring out what doesn't make sense anymore? For example, with the Intellect buff, is it important to you that players do need to drink after casting it?

J. Allen Brack: Yes. That's part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse.

also,

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...sic-interview/

Digital Trends: During the BlizzCon Opening Ceremony you said you want WoW Classic to reproduce the classic WoW experience, but not the launch experience. How do you achieve that balance?

Allen Brack: The “launch experience” is sort of a joke. The launch experience is not a great experience, so we want the gameplay experience to be great, with those 2004-2005 WoW systems, but have it be very stable, server uptime, not have a lot of server queues, right? All the modern conveniences that we have in modern WoW.

So, content-wise, it will be the same?

Brack: Content-wise it will be identical. Now, “identical” has a lot of nuance, [though], because WoW changed a lot in the two years between launch and Burning Crusade. One of the reasons we are talking about this as early as we are is to get the community’s opinions on which way we should go for certain things.

this is vanilla. not vanilla with sprinkles.
    Well I hope you have ur old computer then.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Well I hope you have ur old computer then.
    heh. some things cant be helped. we are talking about them being as faithful as possible to the vanilla experience. nobody even has their old computers from then anyways. youre just being silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    everyone gets to decide what patch they do or a franken patch of anything that was in vanilla.

anything outside of that is not what they said.
    I don't get your argument? Your reposted quotes back my point of view. To me those read "a Vanilla experience, but which Vanilla is the real Vanilla? We want opinions."

To me all your posts seem to be aimed at silencing anyone who has a different point of view from yours.

I don't get your argument? Your reposted quotes back my point of view. To me those read "a Vanilla experience, but which Vanilla is the real Vanilla? We want opinions."

To me all your posts seem to be aimed at silencing anyone who has a different point of view from yours.
    im saying they only want suggestions of stuff that already was IN vanilla. deciding on what patch or fraken patch or whatever that was in vanilla.
    the stuff im trying to "silence" is people wanting to add things that werent in vanilla like rebalancing classes in a manner that diddnt happen in vanilla. or crazy crap like having lfd and lfr . not many of those people around but they have suggested just that.

thats what that post quote was about.

You do realize that there WAS already an early version of LFD in game back in Vanilla it was called the meeting stones or today’s summoning stones so maybe do some research before calling something “silly”

im saying they only want suggestions of stuff that already was IN vanilla. deciding on what patch or fraken patch or whatever that was in vanilla.
    the stuff im trying to "silence" is people wanting to add things that werent in vanilla like rebalancing classes in a manner that diddnt happen in vanilla. or crazy crap like having lfd and lfr . not many of those people around but they have suggested just that.

thats what that post quote was about.
    And what if you misunderstood what they said? Plus, it was as interview and Blizzard is known to change its opinion mid-way (remember flying in Draenor for instance?). Imo, Classic won't be Vanilla or even Vanilla with patch 1.12 or whatever, it will be a different game taking place in the World of Vanilla but class balance, raid retuned, etc... A sort of Classic 2.0 or something like that. If they wanted to release Vanilla AS IT WAS, they would have called it Vanilla, not classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    And what if you misunderstood what they said? Plus, it was as interview and Blizzard is known to change its opinion mid-way (remember flying in Draenor for instance?). Imo, Classic won't be Vanilla or even Vanilla with patch 1.12 or whatever, it will be a different game taking place in the World of Vanilla but class balance, raid retuned, etc... A sort of Classic 2.0 or something like that. If they wanted to release Vanilla AS IT WAS, they would have called it Vanilla, not classic.
    the thing is i diddnt misunderstand what he said. its in plain english. go read all the interviews . theyve also called vanilla classic since tbc they never called it vanilla (well most of the time they diddnt in official statements).

heh. some things cant be helped. we are talking about them being as faithful as possible to the vanilla experience. nobody even has their old computers from then anyways. youre just being silly.
    Currently mine is in storage.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Currently mine is in storage.
    mines long gone.

Post-vanilla server stability fixes would be the start and end of my list. People should also absolutely expect BNet capability in classic as well.

It's fun to only wpvp during the leveling process: tons of massive, organized world pvp events will happen if they let bgs closed for a few months (there were no bgs at launch in vanilla)
    That only truthfully started once they launched rankings. Prior to that you would get random 1v1 and the odd party running into a party but nothing truthfully happening.