10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Unfortunately a hero being "meta" doesn't make the person playing them good or useful. As I said, most widowmakes seem to be pretty terrible. Or they pick widow with absolutely no consideration for the enemy team and the widowmaker is spending the entire game putting shots into Orissa barriers while a Winston or d.va or tracer hunts her down. And of course they never switch, because instalock widows and hanzos never do.

I often find when I wonder why we're losing and no one on the enemy team is dying I press tab and see a widowmaker on our team.
    If that was the case, Tracer, McCree and Genji mains would be on the end of so much shit as well because their performances at mid ranks are similar. Widow being undertuned for 12 months just deeply ingrained this negativity towards her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Always been the case, they’re popular heroes, and even though Widow is almost as meta as Tracer right now, you still get so much shit for playing her that a lot of just use QP for the opportunity to do so without the abuse.
    remember when attack bastion was a troll pick before orissa was put in the game? some people actually still think he's a troll pick lol. but i think widow players are just always going to get that because she is either very impressive or very underwhelming and can really trip up the pace of your group.

also shit like this is how i got my mmr adjusted to masters when the last time i bought a new account. Don't you love it when your team just sits there and basically watches you pull off a quintiple kill and carry them to a win instead of pulling the thumb out of their ass and actually helping?

10+ Year Old Account
    If that was the case, Tracer, McCree and Genji mains would be on the end of so much shit as well because their performances at mid ranks are similar. Widow being undertuned for 12 months just deeply ingrained this negativity towards her.
    I wouldn't be negative towards widowmaker if the people playing her didn't pick her with no regards to team comp and then proceed to do nothing with her all game except plug body shots into d.va's mech. If a person is being effective i don't care who they are. But people just by and large aren't effective playing her.

As far as "mid ranks" I can't speak to the general group MMR of my QP matches because I'm diamond ranked and my friends are holding ranked, but I'd assume that people at diamond rank have some general clue of how to play widow if they want to play her.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I wouldn't be negative towards widowmaker if the people playing her didn't pick her with no regards to team comp and then proceed to do nothing with her all game except plug body shots into d.va's mech. If a person is being effective i don't care who they are. But people just by and large aren't effective playing her.

As far as "mid ranks" I can't speak to the general group MMR of my QP matches because I'm diamond ranked and my friends are holding ranked, but I'd assume that people at diamond rank have some general clue of how to play widow if they want to play her.
    No different from Tracer and McCree mains, who just don't get any shit at all.

Not a bad morning. Played 3 games, won 2 and got a draw on my last one. Just happy the last game wasn't a loss. My whole team had problems, and that includes me. Already had support filled, and my standard damage heroes I played like crap. Couldn't hit anyone with a Junk grenade, couldn't get close enough or flank effectively as Reaper, couldn't scare the enemy support as Tracer.
    My team wasn't much better. First round our Orissa kept throwing her shields in terrible places, our Rein never kept his shield up for more than a few seconds before running into the enemy swinging a hammer. Had a Pharah on my team that I think got her Ult twice over 12 minutes, and I only ever saw 1 person die from it. Not sure what they expected when the enemy ran double hitscan and DVa.
    Luckily, the other team was just as bad and we pulled a draw from it.
    Enemy had a Junk for their 2nd attempt at Defense. That fucker was pulling some shady shit, but who knows, maybe just a good player. Odd though that on Horizon when I'm upstairs and he lobs grenades, and I run back with 4 ways to go he threw more grenades thru the door at the perfect timing I was coming thru it. Not saying he/she was cheating, but definitely seemed odd and had me wondering. Could have just been really lucky and smart about it, knowing how long it takes (roughly) certain characters to make it somewhere. It's not unheard of.
    Oh well, overall fun morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    No different from Tracer and McCree mains, who just don't get any shit at all.
    I think this is mostly down to positioning, in that you can see the Tracer and McCree in the fight where it's easy to assume they are doing something. WM on the other hand will usually be in the rear where unless you're watching the kill feed, it can be easy to assume she isn't doing anything. Even with Hanzo you can see his sonic arrow or scatters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i hate how it is impossible to warm up anywhere but in comp

so much fucking cheese and too many goddamn smurfs in arcade
    I warm up in qm, doesnt matter if I get a good team or if I win, just need to warm up the aim and my in game brain. Arcade typically has such odd rule sets that it isn't a good place to practice.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    She was pretty well balanced according to stats before the rework, after her invulnerability buff. Stop conflating being annoying to play against and being imbalanced, they're two very different things; especially since the former is entirely subjective.
    She was well balanced when all the other healers were OP, now that they've been nerfed even further AND she gets buffed, she's gonna climb even higher.

Ew, lots of kids in Mayhem this week-end. Had a rougher time to have fun than usual.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Just faced a team that got payload to finish point in Overtime and couldn't resist putting "ez" in chat after it ended. When my teqm did the same thing, also decided to type it and add a little extra salt to it. In overtime, we got payload and pushed it a bit in Kings Row. Their overtime round we went cancer and held them off until 10 seconds left, then got a team kill before they got to our push point.
    Gold kills for the match was 70, which was me. Gold healing was our Mercy with something like 23k.
    Would have been an awesome game except the guy/gal that tried being a shit in match chat.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-01-15 at 04:24 AM.

We needed a healer, so I went Mercy. Everybody else was a DPS. Nobody protected me so I died to the McCree who snuck up on me twice. I took matters into my own hands, baited the McCree's stun and quickly took him out with well placed panic fire. I immediately get flamed by my team for 'DPS Mercy'.

Since they did it in the cross team chat, though, the McCree called them out for not having any situational awareness to my plight and complimented me on my aim. I then played a few games with him as my loyal bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    We needed a healer, so I went Mercy. Everybody else was a DPS. Nobody protected me so I died to the McCree who snuck up on me twice. I took matters into my own hands, baited the McCree's stun and quickly took him out with well placed panic fire. I immediately get flamed by my team for 'DPS Mercy'.
    Thats rough man, guessing it was the instant lock dpsers talking shit? Its rarely ever the reinhardt or orisa. People are gross. Nice of the McCree to speak up though

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thats rough man, guessing it was the instant lock dpsers talking shit? Its rarely ever the reinhardt or orisa. People are gross. Nice of the McCree to speak up though
    My teammates were too busy firing at nothing and dying to Moira's orbs after running after her into a tight corridor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just faced a team that got payload to finish point in Overtime and couldn't resist putting "ez" in chat after it ended. When my teqm did the same thing, also decided to type it and add a little extra salt to it. In overtime, we got payload and pushed it a bit in Kings Row. Their overtime round we went cancer and held them off until 10 seconds left, then got a team kill before they got to our push point.
    Gold kills for the match was 70, which was me. Gold healing was our Mercy with something like 23k.
    Would have been an awesome game except the guy/gal that tried being a shit in match chat.
    there isn't a greater pleasure as beating someone(or a team) after they trashtalk when they won the first round

10+ Year Old Account
    i think im just going to start instalocking moira and not healing now so that no one else can

Deleted

starting to get the hang of how to play genji somewhat, wish i was as good as arikadou

10+ Year Old Account
    my ass hurts just watching that

but dont let it go to your head, a dog turd has more brain cells in it than that hanzo's brain

Would be nice to know why the fuck Blizzard thinks that 6 stack is okay to play against anything else than another 6 stack...fucking shit game

I love the awareness of some people. Got asked by a healer to play something other than Tracer and someone who's sticks with the group because they can't heal me. Every time I got into trouble I'd be right next to one of my healers. Astounding.
    Also, what is up today? Never had so many people instalock Moira and then use her for straight damage. If you want to play damage, then pick a damage dealer, but don't pick a support and then run around chasing people while your team needs healed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing worse than losing to the same boosting, douchebag player every single season.

And you know he's boosting because his skill is significantly higher than everyone else
    in the team, plus its the same prick who gets a Mercy to pocket him every time.