Thread: Mythic ToS?

Mythic ToS?

Hi,
    My guild recently decided to devote an off-night to mythic ToS for the next 1-2 weeks. We completed 6/9M while ToS was current; with this in mind, how difficult would it be to rekill Mistress with current gear and hopefully down Maiden and Avatar as well (having no prior experience on Maiden)?

Thanks for any help/insights you can provide.
    Last edited by Anahita; 2018-01-11 at 06:09 PM.

Deleted
    mistress should be easy, Maiden on the other hand, one guy can still wipe the whole raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anahita View Post
    Hi,
    My guild recently decided to devote an off-night to mythic ToS for the next 1-2 weeks. We completed 6/9M while ToS was current; with this in mind, how difficult would it be to rekill Mistress with current gear and hopefully down Maiden and Avatar as well?

Thanks for any help/insights you can provide.
    Last week i killed 6/9 with a pug with no voice chat.
    On mistress i think we had like 2 guys dead most of the fight but she was really easy as long as you did most mechanics.
    We didnt even try maiden since its kinda hectic without voice chat.
    I am sure a guild can do 8/9 easily with 950+ atm as you skip alot of mechanics due to high dps and heavy nerfs

Mistress will be far easier with more DPS as long as your DPS don't blow up the eels (and even then,with the increased ilvl,your healers may be able to handle it

Maiden was never a DPS challenge,so pretty much the same

If you had experience with Avatar before you should be able to kill it,if not,will probably remain a pain in the ass

The last two bosses and Maiden as well I guess, are going to be about as hard as they used to be.
    Thats way harder than most of the bosses in Antorus.

Good luck though.

The first 5 are easymode so long as you have at least a basic amount of knowledge, and you do so it'll be easy.

Mistress isn't very hard now. Just ignore the fishes completely as you don't need them at all, and don't DPS the eels until required. Everything else is fairly trivialized by good gear, albeit the whale will still one-shot you.

Maiden is where things get complicated. One dummy can still wipe the raid instantly. If you don't have voice chat and the addon that assigns everybody a spot, you will have a hard time.

Avatar still requires your DPS to know their soaks, but higher damage output does make the worst of it easier. You will wipe several times, however, as people learn their stuff.

KJ I'd say don't even bother unless you,re willing to put in a lot of time. There's a ton of mechanics in there that will still wipe you mercilessly and require a good amount of wipes to learn, and he doesn't even drop anything interesting loot wise.

I wouldn't do Maiden with players who have no experience if you paid me lol

You miiiiiight be able to brute force parts of avatar with good dps but you still need to not die to swirls/fire/purple soaky beams and p2 circles

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Maiden is where things get complicated. One dummy can still wipe the raid instantly. If you don't have voice chat and the addon that assigns everybody a spot, you will have a hard time.

Avatar still requires your DPS to know their soaks, but higher damage output does make the worst of it easier. You will wipe several times, however, as people learn their stuff.
    We are of course going to be using voice chat and the weakaura but I'm wondering if it's really going to take as much time as progression did back then? (That is, it's not easier at all now?)

Have players spec out of AOE talents/trinkets, ignore bufferfish. Easy otherwise. Some pugs still wipe to Goroth because of inexperienced tanks or missed soaks, but the next two are free. Pugs don't do Maiden onward, and some stop after first 3 when people leave after Harj. Maiden won't be an easy one shot, but killable if you spend like half an hour. Not worth the trouble imo. Most people are using mythic tier chests from eonar
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-01-14 at 10:35 PM.

We are of course going to be using voice chat and the weakaura but I'm wondering if it's really going to take as much time as progression did back then? (That is, it's not easier at all now?)
    the last 3 will be less progression because you have no real dps check, it's literally going to be learn mechanics, once your group does all the mechanics correctly the boss dies, you don't need to worry about bad pulls bad rng bad dps missing a phase healers running oom because you're so overgeared. it's literally going to be stand in the right place at the right time or die even with ilvl 965.

The mechanics themselves pretty much don't change in phase one, one mistake will cause an explosion that is all but guaranteed to wipe you. In phase 2 you can probably allow up to two orbs to go through when just one could wipe you during progression, but I wouldn't count on that so you should be very careful there too.

Of course the fight as a whole will be easier by simple virtue of your DPS being far higher which will considerably shorten the encounter, which means less time for people to make a fatal mistake. But there's no cheesing any mechanic on Maiden; they are simple, but will still wipe you very quickly if you're careless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The first 5 are easymode so long as you have at least a basic amount of knowledge, and you do so it'll be easy.

Mistress isn't very hard now. Just ignore the fishes completely as you don't need them at all, and don't DPS the eels until required. Everything else is fairly trivialized by good gear, albeit the whale will still one-shot you.

KJ I'd say don't even bother unless you,re willing to put in a lot of time. There's a ton of mechanics in there that will still wipe you mercilessly and require a good amount of wipes to learn, and he doesn't even drop anything interesting loot wise.
    Pretty much this although maiden got a lot easier tbh. Now if you can pick up the first orbs and get to the first shield and pop blood lust you can do enough damage to put the boss under 50% (you need to wait until stacks goes up before interrupting, and with more gear on the healer it's definitely possible) and it's possible to kill the boss in one cycle which largely reduces your failure rate.