Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That Skin Colour didn't matter.

Deleted
    As a kid, I always assumed that my own language was the "real" language and all everyone that didn't speak it still had to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermor View Post
    I thought that the world used to be black and white, and that colour was a recent occurrence, because old movies were black and white.
    I also thought that the world has been only black and white and color was added just in recent times as anthing historical was only shown b&w ....

Deleted
    I thought that every time I played a song on a CD, the singers were singing it live, and that they kept singing the song over and over and over again, when it was on repeat. I remember asking my friend if they wouldn't get tired of singing it all the time.

She looked at me in a funny way, to put it mildly.

10+ Year Old Account
    That British people were all smart like Mary Poppins.

That Mary Poppins was the queen of England.

That you could change the minds of people with a vested interest in what ever issue.

Working hard paid off.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I thought that by playing wow and getting many epics would increase my epeen which would make my life better. It definitely didn't and I sure missed out on a few things growing up.

When I was around 8 I saw a poster showing how aids from 1 person can spread exponentially via a flowchart assuming everyone sleeps with 2 people. I took this to mean if you slept with 2 people unprotected you got aids no question. Took a few health classes to understand that was not the case.

I thought the earth is flat and you can fall of the edge if you traveled there with a ship. Boy was I retarded

Deleted
    Blackbirds had carrots stuck on their noses.

Quote Originally Posted by Svetyac View Post
    I thought the earth is flat and you can fall of the edge if you traveled there with a ship. Boy was I retarded
    Unlike children, adults have no excuse when they say they believe the Earth is flat

Before I could write or read I'd pretend to know how to write and read. So I'd just do scribbles on a piece of paper and tell people like my parents to read my note. I'd also pretend how to read infront my older cousins, making stuff up and I thought they believed me.

When I learned about the "bees and flowers" at like age 9, I believed that white kids were born from the vagina and black kids from the anus.

I found out that a whole day was 86400 seconds long, so I believed that if started couting as soon as I woke up and all I did the rest of the day was count from 1 to 86k I'd be one day in the future before everyone else. Dont know why i genuinely believed that..

I thought pantyliners had to be poured with blue liquid before the usage and tampons actually take the shape of woman body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Thought black people were people who had spent too much time in the sun, hence their skin being so dark.
    That's literally true, but it's a product of evolution near the equator.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human nature isn't pure greed evil and most ppl aren't willing to harm u for their benefits
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

That my biological dad loved me
    That I flew whilst asleep, because I quite frequently had Hypnic jerks (falling sensation just prior to waking up)
    Teachers and church staff were telling the truth
    That stuffed animal hair would grow back
    When I was +/- 3 years old that left and right where absolute directions, rather then relative ones. when i got taught to look left-right-left at traffic lights, I stretched out my left arm as a reminder and changed its direction depending on where we walked, switching to the right arm when what i perceived as "left" ended up on the other side of my body
    That teeth would continue to grow, just like the rest of the body, as adults had bigger teeth.

As a child, I saw the drunk driving commercial where the teens get into a car while partying. When they turned on the car, all of them instantly turned into skeletons. I thought that could actually happen to people with open alcohol containers in cars. I even argued with my alcoholic aunt over the subject, lol.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

For a long time, i thought the number 1000 was in fact, the highest number ever achievable. I learned it was not, after a pro-longed argument with my brother about how much gold was in our Lego treasure chest, and I insisted on having a thousand, as that was much higher than his silly suggestion of something called "a million".

I thought skeletons and mummies are real
    hit & run posting lol

I thought everyone spoke swedish, just with an unintelligible accent.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What's the most ridiculous thing you can remember thinking/believing as a child?

For me it was when I was 6 and we were flying to America. We had to stop and refuel and for whatever reason we didn't get off, I was convinced we had landed on a cloud and was refuelling at a floating petrol station in the sky.

Another example is my brother, first time he travelled to Scotland my dad told him Haggis was in-fact small furry creatures living in trees. Throughout the holiday he would look for Haggis and convince himself he saw some climbing trees.
    I thought all adults were mature and wise.