Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Vanilla is a game of rock-paper-scissors, it's not supposed to be balanced, every class is good against one class but bad against another. The odd one out is the later patch version of the warrior that beat everyone, it's the only one that needs to be nerfed. They should pay the hybrid tax and they should be bad against a handful of classes and good against another.

Deleted
    I hope they release two verions of classic, 1 version with all the bugs and imbalances and 1 improved version with better graphics, class balance and stuff like aoe loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Note that I didn't say you had to agree with it. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some stuff was fixed along these lines, however it should not be as expected or demanded as I've seen.

The reason the "pro-authentic" players are so vitriolic and pushy about it is that it would be very easy to taint the experience if people keep asking for "just this one thing" from modern that makes the experience more convenient. It wasn't convenient, it was a clunky as hell and awkward game and that was a part of the challenge of progressing through it.
    Understand that not everyone is asking for the same things though.

You want the true unrefined unedited vanilla experience?

Fine paladins has an immunity shield that they can keep up on themselves indefinitely.

Things like fixing bugs and increasing debuff limit.

Removing the debuff limit does nothing for 99,99% of the people who are screaming purist on these forums. They will level to 10 and realise they dont want that experience anyway. THe people who enjoy endgame pve though would see more classes and specs being viable through this one change alone.

I've actually seen people argueing against debuff saying its a QoL change for noobs on retail servers or that it makes the game easier.

Its people like this that just dont know what they aretalking about, yet they are here on this forum with 10k+ posts every single day of their life spouting how they are the real OG from vanilla and their purist BS.
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2018-01-14 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    what the hell lol, the guy want old vanilla without patch for it ?
    LOL
    balanced class will be there
    balanced dungone will be there
    balanced raid will be there
    balanced pvp will be there
    learn to live with that, vanilla was not a static game, if no expansion ever been made, the game would have been patched a lot with balancing in head, graphic would have been upgraded too, you really think that classic game should be like it was ? you made big mistake thinking that boy
    It's Legion on with level cap at 60 then. Because that's how Vanilla would've turned out without any addons but with patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Vanilla is a game of rock-paper-scissors, it's not supposed to be balanced, every class is good against one class but bad against another. The odd one out is the later patch version of the warrior that beat everyone, it's the only one that needs to be nerfed. They should pay the hybrid tax and they should be bad against a handful of classes and good against another.
    Im pretty sure that Warlocks are Mushrooms and Warriors become unbeatable killing machines with enough gear while no one can find rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    In other words, useless.
    I wonder what's more useless: a comment in observation of the direction of a thread, or a comment in reply to that one.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    It's Legion on with level cap at 60 then. Because that's how Vanilla would've turned out without any addons but with patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Im pretty sure that Warlocks are Mushrooms and Warriors become unbeatable killing machines with enough gear while no one can find rogues.
    a good warlock wont get touched by an avg warrior. wars that know how to use their bezerker rage will win though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Understand that not everyone is asking for the same things though.

You want the true unrefined unedited vanilla experience?

Fine paladins has an immunity shield that they can keep up on themselves indefinitely.

Things like fixing bugs and increasing debuff limit.

Removing the debuff limit does nothing for 99,99% of the people who are screaming purist on these forums. They will level to 10 and realise they dont want that experience anyway. THe people who enjoy endgame pve though would see more classes and specs being viable through this one change alone.

I've actually seen people argueing against debuff saying its a QoL change for noobs on retail servers or that it makes the game easier.

Its people like this that just dont know what they aretalking about, yet they are here on this forum with 10k+ posts every single day of their life spouting how they are the real OG from vanilla and their purist BS.
    I'm actually in big favor for the record of giving AoE loot and removing the debuff limits. They were engine problems and nobody really enjoyed them and I recall people asking for AoE loot on the forums literally since I started playing.

But at the same time there's the danger of people just wanting a little bit more. I don't want the "whine until they change it" crowd to leak into classic servers because it will literally be the death of any true authentic classic experience. Stuff like transmog, new models, class retuning and such opens the gateway towards the experience simply not being what players asked for or wanted. I would personally love if there were actually viable maintanks other than warriors (spare a few bear druid friendly fights) but that's up for Blizzard to choose and I can see the steamroll of "fix this thing I don't like" already beginning.

If someone wants to play on a classic server then I'd hope they actually realize what they're getting into. It's not convenient, a lot of it will feel archaic and "not fun". That's exactly what it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I wonder what's more useless: a comment in observation of the direction of a thread, or a comment in reply to that one.
    LOL
    And now what is the more useless? This post or the one I quote?
    "LOL" ...

Classic is classic, changing it wont be classic anymore,all these years people cried for pure classic expirience and now that we gonna get it THE SAME people whining about QoL changes. Pathetic excuses, this is why mmochamp should have never made a "classic wow" forum >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I'm actually in big favor for the record of giving AoE loot and removing the debuff limits. They were engine problems and nobody really enjoyed them and I recall people asking for AoE loot on the forums literally since I started playing.

But at the same time there's the danger of people just wanting a little bit more. I don't want the "whine until they change it" crowd to leak into classic servers because it will literally be the death of any true authentic classic experience. Stuff like transmog, new models, class retuning and such opens the gateway towards the experience simply not being what players asked for or wanted. I would personally love if there were actually viable maintanks other than warriors (spare a few bear druid friendly fights) but that's up for Blizzard to choose and I can see the steamroll of "fix this thing I don't like" already beginning.

If someone wants to play on a classic server then I'd hope they actually realize what they're getting into. It's not convenient, a lot of it will feel archaic and "not fun". That's exactly what it was.
    I recall people asking for aoe loot and removing the debuff limits, but also the constant whining about classes imbalance and the clown look with unmatched gear. Blizzard forums was a shit show since the beginning and the suggestion sub forum was full of new threads every day. I suggested something very similar to xmog back in the days....

You can't just pick and chose what change is ok because it's what you asked at that time and decide everything else is too much. Everybody got his "must have" feature for classic. For exemple the game can stay inconvenient, no aoeloot etc... the only thing I ask is xmog, but I know I will play anyway.

IMO aoe loot and removing the debuff limit is common sense. Just like class/spec balancing, which was one of the main recurent complaint during vanilla. It was unfinished in vanilla and they improved it over the course of every xpac. Going back to the unfinished state just for the sake of nostalgia sounds very dumb to me. If it's the death of any true authentic vanilla experience then aoe loot is too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Classic is classic, changing it wont be classic anymore,all these years people cried for pure classic expirience and now that we gonna get it THE SAME people whining about QoL changes.
    That's not what I recall. People cried for official vanilla servers. Now it's coming, people go into details. You can bet a lot of them knew official servers was the only way to play vanilla with one or several current features. The only opportunity to play that game with solutions to problems they experienced back in the days.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2018-01-15 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Explain to me the fun in inventory management regarding mount + pet slots instead of having a proper UI that stores them in there.

Sounds to me like lack of technology back in the day rather than purposefully making inventory management obnoxious.
    But so is LFR, flying, personal loot, cross realm servers and so on.
    Would you want all that? Whats the point then?

Deleted
    who cares what you think

Looking at this topic, I guess alot of people are going to get back with WINDOWS XP, pentium 4 2.8 with with a Radeon 4850 with a NEC 19 inches CRT for a maximum classic experience

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Looking at this topic, I guess alot of people are going to get back with WINDOWS XP, pentium 4 2.8 with with a Radeon 4850 with a NEC 19 inches CRT for a maximum classic experience
    thats silly and you know it.

for the people who are asking for changes in vanilla i believe ops premise is a valid one. what do you think is next after classic? TBC. just lobby for that and leave classic alone. you may have to wait but people who want vanilla servers as close to a 1:1 port of vanilla had to wait for 9+ years and not for it to get shit on by people asking for idiotic shit.

Deleted
    I totally don't care about Vanilla, but TBC servers i'd be all over. That is the best WoW. Classic model with viable classes. Vanilla is just broken. I never understood what people liked about it. TBC is where WoW got good.

Though, people should realise that they are calling it WoW classic and not WoW vanilla. Changes can happen or what is considered wow classic is far reaching.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-01-16 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I totally don't care about Vanilla, but TBC servers i'd be all over. That is the best WoW. Classic model with viable classes. Vanilla is just broken. I never understood what people liked about it. TBC is where WoW got good.

Though, people should realise that they are calling it WoW classic and not WoW vanilla. Changes can happen or what is considered wow classic is far reaching.
    Have to agree. TBC was the pinnacle for WoW. Most things wrong with vanilla were fixed in TBC, and it was still very much WoW. There are some things about vanilla that I missed in TBC however, such as the vanilla style dungeons. Massive vanilla style world and dungeons combined with TBC mechanics sounds like a winner to me. Probably wont happen though.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Have to agree. TBC was the pinnacle for WoW. Most things wrong with vanilla were fixed in TBC, and it was still very much WoW. There are some things about vanilla that I missed in TBC however, such as the vanilla style dungeons. Massive vanilla style world and dungeons combined with TBC mechanics sounds like a winner to me. Probably wont happen though.
    I also love BC, but for all its merits it introduced two features that have been quite detrimental in the long run: flight and arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I also love BC, but for all its merits it introduced two features that have been quite detrimental in the long run: flight and arenas.
    Possibly. Not nearly the butcher job thats been done to WoW since though.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    wut?

Mages could beat warriors naked with only rank1 frostbolts
    hunters, reckoning paladins and rogues were also decent against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    the only thing I ask is xmog, but I know I will play anyway
    but don't you get that one of the best things about vanilla was that you could just look at someone and instantly tell their accomplishments?

transmog was needed when we had a gazillion sets to choose from.

but when it's the very first version of the game, then each gearpiece you put on is a clear indicator of your characters progress, and should look the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    dont forget stun resists/mace stun.

let's face it, every single expansions has major problems that people would want to fix, but the next expansions have been doing that for 13 years now, so going back to a previous one, entails in itself the fact that, some of the stuff wont be fixed, that's kinda the point.

ofc I'm all for continuing vanilla with 1.13 after a couple years or so which THEN could have some balance stuff (altough I'm vehemently against stuff like AOE loot and transmog) but let us have the authentic experience first.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-01-17 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    It does seem most are falling in line with the “you think you do but don’t” saying. You wanted them to make classic servers but now that you see what was really there you feel the need to “improve” what was wrong, be it transmogrifing, pet and mount tabs or others.
    Going to feel the need to repeat it again : those who ask for altering with these "improvements" are by and large NOT the ones who actually asked for Classic servers in the first place, they are either bandwagonners or, for a number of them, just trolls who were actually against Classic servers to begin with and are just trying to shit down them by fanning the flames.