Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[speculation] Moira will be Shadowforged into a Dark Iron Dwarf

We will retake Shadowforge city or at least an un-instanced version of it, and Moira has to sacrifice herself against an agent of the twilight which would result in her transformation into a full fledge Dark Iron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    We will retake Shadowforge city or at least an un-instanced version of it, and Moira has to sacrifice herself against an agent of the twilight which would result in her transformation into a full fledge Dark Iron.
    That's not how Dark Iron dwarf come about.

Dark Iron Dwarves are literally just another race of Dwarves...
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    That's not how Dark Iron dwarf come about.
    ok then how?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarves are literally just another race of Dwarves...
    How and when they broke off visually from the other clans?

ok then how?

- - - Updated - - -

How and when they broke off visually from the other clans?
    You probably don't understand evolution either, do you.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

So basically recycle Alleria's and the Void Elves' storyline for Moira. Yeah, ahahaha, absolutely not. Like, i get that Void Elves are beautiful and astonishing, but there are limits.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    ok then how?
    They live in the mountains and spend most their days working at the forges, no sunlight, hence the name "Dark Iron" They evolved with the mountain. The red eyes are a gift from Ragnaros too I believe as they served under him originally.

7+ Year Old Account
    they already were different clan with different features, this more years and years upon Ragnaros "blessing" upon then, make then what they are now, there is no shadow infusing.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    So basically recycle Alleria's and the Void Elves' storyline for Moira. Yeah, ahahaha, absolutely not. Like, i get that Void Elves are beautiful and astonishing, but there are limits.
    You've really turned that obession up to 11 haven't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    I don't agree with OP but saying it's a repeat of Alleria is silly considering you could say Alleria is a recycled Illidan and his followers the Illidari just replace void with fel.

It would be a little dumb if Moira became Dark Iron, she's a Bronzebeard through and through. That being said, I would be absolutely elated if Shadowforge City got a touchup and became the Dark Iron capital city. But I don't think that is going to happen, from my understanding, the Dark Iron that we recruit are found on Kul Tiras, which implies that they are some kind of splinter faction that hasn't already formally joined the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Isn't it simple guys ? You get shadowforged by rubbing a lump of coal on your face. Don't stop until you are dark iron dwarf.

Isn't Shadowforge City already part of the Alliance anyway?

I mean, she was the princess of it.

I think having faction leaders which look totally different from their faction is one of Blizzards requirements for Alliance allied races.

Deleted
    We are very likely meeting a splinter faction of them on Kul'Tiras and saving their lives there, upon what they return to Shadowforge city and establish more diplomatic ties with us (Moira might be having issues keeping them at bay; we basically marched in there and slaughtered them all over their city...).

The 1-20 experience is very likely happening in Shadowforge; I'd say they will make us re-experience most of BRD in the opening experience (in form of a quest-line spanning trough the dungeon)

Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    I think having faction leaders which look totally different from their faction is one of Blizzards requirements for Alliance allied races.
    There's truth in this;
    - Lightforged draenei are lead by a human paladin; Turalyon
    - Voidelves are lead by a void-elven ranger, who for some reason turns back to a HE when not under absolute stress; Alleria
    - Dark Iron dwarves are lead by an Ironforge princess; Moira

At least for alliance races... horde ones seem more connected... except for maybe the Highmountan tauren, who are partly led by a black dragon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    There's truth in this;
    - Lightforged draenei are lead by a human paladin; Turalyon
    - Voidelves are lead by a void-elven ranger, who for some reason turns back to a HE when not under absolute stress; Alleria
    - Dark Iron dwarves are lead by an Ironforge princess; Moira
    Yeah, out of the three leaders (Turalyon, Alleria, and Moira) - Moira actually makes the most sense. She was at least married to the Dark Iron Dwarf leader and in some monarchies that would be enough.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by DeKillem View Post
    I don't agree with OP but saying it's a repeat of Alleria is silly considering you could say Alleria is a recycled Illidan and his followers the Illidari just replace void with fel.
    You are saying that like it isn't so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Yeah, out of the three leaders (Turalyon, Alleria, and Moira) - Moira actually makes the most sense. She was at least married to the Dark Iron Dwarf leader and in some monarchies that would be enough.
    For those who don't know the lore, in a dream Magni saw a Dark Iron Dwarf sitting on the Throne in Ironforge. This was just before he found out Moira was pregnant by the king of the Dark Irons, making her son heir to two kingdoms (Dark Iron and Bronzebeard). So, he banished her and that stayed in place until he became one with the mountain.

If you didn't read The Shattering, Moira returns as leader of The Dark Irons and takes over Ironforge. Varian is kinda forced to personally get involved since Anduin was in the city when the Dark Irons locked it down. Anduin convinces him to not kill or banish her and instead The Council of Three Hammers is formed. Even though she is a Bronzebeard herself, she is viewed by all three clans as the leader of the Dark Irons first and foremost.

The distrust toward the Dark Irons by the other two clans continued until the events of the Blood in the Snow scenario. Varian asked Ironforge to join him in defending their own lands from the Trolls who were preparingn to attack. The Wildhammer and Bronzebeard Clans refused out of fear the Dark Irons would take over the city again. So, Moira stepped in and joined Varian (and 3 Adventurers) in driving them out and ending the threat to Dun Morogh. Ashamed and humiliated, the other two clans vowed to work with the Dark Irons from then on.

Magni's awakening at the start of Legion caused a stir in Ironforge and there were fears for what it could mean for the Council of Three Hammers. The first thing Crystal Magni said was "I didn't come back to reclaim the throne", saying the city is in good hands. Father and daughter finally mended the fence as well. Through right of succession, Moira's son Fenran would be king of Ironforge through Moira and also Shadowforge City through his father's bloodline once he is of age. Lorewise I think he's about 6 years old now so...yeah. Chances are good The Council will have something figured out by the time he is of age.

All that said, Moira is unquestioningly considered the leader of just the Dark Irons.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Through right of succession, Moira's son Fenran would be king of Ironforge through Moira and also Shadowforge City through his father's bloodline once he is of age. Lorewise I think he's about 6 years old now so...yeah. Chances are good The Council will have something figured out by the time he is of age.
    Do we have any reliable information on how quickly dwarves mature?

Either way, they still have at least a decade. Probably more. Unless Blizzard decides to do a timeskip at some point, it probably won't happen during WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Do we have any reliable information on how quickly dwarves mature?

Either way, they still have at least a decade. Probably more. Unless Blizzard decides to do a timeskip at some point, it probably won't happen during WoW.
    They mature like 3 times slower than humans , so a dwarft should be at least 40 to be adult maybe more.