Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to run for president. As Ben Shapiro said, "the best way to go from a 90% approval rate like Oprah has now to under 50% would be to get into politics." It will be nonstop Weinstein for a year in a half if she ran, the dirt would come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    That's nice and all, but somehow it's the party that's always trying to disenfranchise voters that ends up electing the celebrity presidents. Say what you will about Oprah, she's still far more qualified than Trump in just about every conceivable way.
    What exactly would make Oprah more qualified than Trump? They are basically the same person prior to politics, TV show stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    What exactly would make Oprah more qualified than Trump? They are basically the same person prior to politics, TV show stars.
    The sky is falling; I agree with you on something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to run for president. As Ben Shapiro said, "the best way to go from a 90% approval rate like Oprah has now to under 50% would be to get into politics." It will be nonstop Weinstein for a year in a half if she ran, the dirt would come.

- - - Updated - - -

Well biggest difference?

Oprah isn't a fucking moron, outside of white supremacist nobody would question Oprah's intellect or call her a racist. The discussions we are having now (Nuclear war, is the president a racist, is the president a moron, does the president read ) which some are really disturbing are only because Trump is president. If Ronmey in 2012 won people would be disgusted by his policies (just like now) but we would not have to wonder if the President would start a nuclear war because somebody wrote a mean tweet.

Trump is a idiot this was clear before he ran for office and especially during the primary. Don't call them the same when the current shitshow was predicted by every person who isn't sniffing glue since we all saw that Trump was a racist prick when he was doing for Obama's birth-certificate and college records.
    Last edited by ati87; 2018-01-15 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    Maybe you guys should stop seeing anyone that can speech well as a possible presidential candidate.

How about you choose the most boring people that are actually good at their jobs instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Maybe you guys should stop seeing anyone that can speech well as a possible presidential candidate.

How about you choose the most boring people that are actually good at their jobs instead?
    Because apparently this country prefers entertainment over competency. Not to mention culture wars over actual policy.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Because apparently this country prefers entertainment over competency. Not to mention culture wars over actual policy.
    Blame the people who voted for Trump. Oh and the Republican party at this point can care less about Policy for the people.

Trump was hardly even a celebrity by the time the 2010s rolled around, since his show was only ever really a flash in the pan and had fallen off the map by then. He only managed to get himself back in the news by latching onto that silly Birther conspiracy and Obama made the mistake of dignifying that with a response at the correspondents' dinner. Conservatives were just so desperate for anyone even remotely famous to side with them for once that they totally exaggerated his business acumen and media profile.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...anyone that can speech well...
    I guess you're out.

Anyways, I don't want her as President. She'd be better than Trump no doubt, but I'd rather we have a pragmatic, progressive, forward thinking politician with legitimate experience relevant to the office, not another TV/Film personality.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Anyways, I don't want her as President. She'd be better than Trump no doubt, but I'd rather we have a pragmatic, progressive, forward thinking politician with legitimate experience relevant to the office, not another TV/Film personality.
    Ah, you want a European president? Because what you summed up there isn't compatible with US politics or the old parties.
    What you currently got is fitting for the current situation in the US. He would've never been president otherwise.

I don't think Oprah will be a good president, but I also don't think you guys have anything better right now.
    Better start praying someone decent will rise through the ranks the coming decade.

Ah, you want a European president? Because what you summed up there isn't compatible with US politics or the old parties.
    What you currently got is fitting for the current situation in the US. He would've never been president otherwise.

I don't think Oprah will be a good president, but I also don't think you guys have anything better right now.
    Better start praying someone decent will rise through the ranks the coming decade.
    I think my dream world would be that we make like European countries and put a cleaner split between head of state for foreign trips, negotiation, speaking to the country, and other non-policy duties, and have some boring prime minister that handles primary policy duties. Oprah would make a fantastic President from that angle. So would Michelle Obama for that matter. Let an Elizabeth Warren (or Mitt Romney if that's more your cup of tea) run the policy portion of things with Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    After Oprah gave a politically charged speech at the Golden Globes, many are saying she will/should run for president. CNN reported she's "actively thinking about challenging Trump in 2020". NBC declared her "Our future president" in a tweet.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/08/medi...bes/index.html
    http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...ur_future.html

Trump responded that he'll beat her badly if she runs.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...hink-shell-run
    I find it pretty amusing that, for about two years now, Democrats railed on about how Trump could never do this job, due to his political inexperience. But when THEIR favorite billionaire celebrity talks about running, all that goes out the window. Could Democrats be bigger hypocrites, even if they tried?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I find it pretty amusing that, for about two years now, Democrats railed on about how Trump could never do this job, due to his political inexperience. But when THEIR favorite billionaire celebrity talks about running, all that goes out the window. Could Democrats be bigger hypocrites, even if they tried?
    Despite most of the Democrat voters in this thread alone stating that they were opposed to Oprah running precisely because celebrities are not qualified to hold high political office.

Stop lying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Even the most liberal democrats are against her running lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Even the most liberal democrats are against her running lol.
    She is literally being showered with demands for her to run. What are you on about? Why is the purpose in denying reality? We can all head over to any media outlet, or Twitter, and see that she has WIDE support for this notion.

10+ Year Old Account
    She is literally being showered with demands for her to run. What are you on about? Why is the purpose in denying reality? We can all head over to any media outlet, or Twitter, and see that she has WIDE support for this notion.
    Please indicate where 'being showered' is representative of even a majority of Democrats and not just a vocal fringe minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    American presidents dont go to jail sorry. They retire away to their mansion in the hills with constant security still covered under tax payers dimes
    Might be a change coming on that front. Trump has several criminal angles being pursued.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Might be a change coming on that front. Trump has several criminal angles being pursued.
    Lol good luck. I'm still waiting for consequences for Bush lying to start a war. Plus, still waiting on that evidence that supposedly existed since election night.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Lol good luck. I'm still waiting for consequences for Bush lying to start a war. Plus, still waiting on that evidence that supposedly existed since election night.
    Bush won't see a jail cell - it was easy enough for him to throw the CIA under the bus. However, with Trump, there are multiple facets of criminal activity that are being investigated, a number of which could lead to actual, real jail time. And he's polarizing enough that the country wouldn't bat an eye if/when it came to the trial/sentencing.

Evidence since election night?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Bush won't see a jail cell - it was easy enough for him to throw the CIA under the bus. However, with Trump, there are multiple facets of criminal activity that are being investigated, a number of which could lead to actual, real jail time. And he's polarizing enough that the country wouldn't bat an eye if/when it came to the trial/sentencing.

Evidence since election night?
    And I'm sure that will play out exactly like "Trump is too polarizing to win the nomination/win the election".

And I was assured there was evidence of him working with the Russians once the smoke cleared on election day. Granted, I've also been assured that he'll be Hitler, kill all the "Brown people", and insert himself as a dictator. So, maybe that all belongs in the same pile as "Obama is a secret Muslim and wants your guns".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And I'm sure that will play out exactly like "Trump is too polarizing to win the nomination/win the election".

And I was assured there was evidence of him working with the Russians once the smoke cleared on election day. Granted, I've also been assured that he'll be Hitler, kill all the "Brown people", and insert himself as a dictator. So, maybe that all belongs in the same pile as "Obama is a secret Muslim and wants your guns".
    Smoke still clearing . . . .

Have you heard of Robert Mueller? Heard about the indictments and guilty pleas? Are you going to watch Sen. Flake's speech today on the Senate floor where he compares Trump to Stalin?
    Last edited by cubby; 2018-01-15 at 08:16 PM.