Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Talking you do know the only things blizz asked us to discuss were...

what patch implementation (1.x or progression or frakenpatch).

and things like colorblind mode and bug fixes.

thats all. theyve said as much in the interviews and most of the blue posts including the one on the eu forums.
    all these qol changes and class balancing issues are really off the table.

just a thought.
    Last edited by Xecks; 2018-01-15 at 05:30 PM.

I’m hoping for balance and QoL changes. I know there is the crew out there that doesn’t want any of that but hey different strokes.

Quote Originally Posted by surake View Post
    I’m hoping for balance and QoL changes. I know there is the crew out there that doesn’t want any of that but hey different strokes.
    sure there are people that want it . i know and understand that. im just saying the only thing theyve asked us to discuss were those things i mentioned.

All the threads mmo community asked you to open in regards to this were... 0

People have opinions and want to share them, on an internet forum no less. Who'd of thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    All the threads mmo community asked you to open in regards to this were... 0

People have opinions and want to share them, on an internet forum no less. Who'd of thunk it?
    thats fine i guess. just know its not what they asked. sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    thats fine i guess. just know its not what they asked. sorry.
    While you are correct, that doesn't change the fact that Blizzard has made changes in every release based on empirical data. They may release a "bug free" game at patch 1.XX, we all know they will observe player trends, read forums and adjust as necessary to ensure a successful and profitable long term game.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    While you are correct, that doesn't change the fact that Blizzard has made changes in every release based on empirical data. They may release a "bug free" game at patch 1.XX, we all know they will observe player trends, read forums and adjust as necessary to ensure a successful and profitable long term game.
    actually we dont know that. they have been pretty adamant about keeping it as close to a 1:1 copy as possible.

what patch implementation (1.x or progression or frakenpatch).

and things like colorblind mode and bug fixes.

thats all. theyve said as much in the interviews and most of the blue posts including the one on the eu forums.
    all these qol changes and class balancing issues are really off the table.

just a thought.
    Or is this just you interpreting what they've said and assuming that is the only things on the table. They've not come out and said "There will be no class balancing or QoL changes. Period" so stop acting like there has been.

But you already have that. It's called retail and you can play it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Or is this just you interpreting what they've said and assuming that is the only things on the table. They've not come out and said "There will be no class balancing or QoL changes. Period" so stop acting like there has been.
    heh. they have said it without saying it directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    But you already have that. It's called retail and you can play it today.
    And I do quiet a bit. Doesn’t mean I also can’t enjoy Classic in a way I would prefer. If blizz asks for feedback I’ll give them mine like everyone else will give there’s. Just saying different strokes for different folks.

And I do quiet a bit. Doesn’t mean I also can’t enjoy Classic in a way I would prefer. If blizz asks for feedback I’ll give them mine like everyone else will give there’s. Just saying different strokes for different folks.
    Sure. It still makes no sense but if thats what you want.

heh. they have said it without saying it directly.
    Hey, you're wrong. But whatever works for you. Just by admitting they haven't said it directly you've basically killed your own thread. They asked for discussion and they are getting it. Get. Over. It.

- - - Updated - - -

Get over it. There are people that played in Vanilla that want QoL changes. Too bad if you don't like it.

Hey, you're wrong. But whatever works for you. Just by admitting they haven't said it directly you've basically killed your own thread. They asked for discussion and they are getting it. Get. Over. It.

- - - Updated - - -

Get over it. There are people that played in Vanilla that want QoL changes. Too bad if you don't like it.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions

Anything jump out at you that you'd forgotten about old school World of Warcraft?

J. Allen Brack: Yeah, I'd forgotten that whenever you buffed one of your party members with Intellect, you had to actually sit down and drink after that. Then you stood up, buffed another party member with Intellect and then you had to drink again. It's a much slower pace. There's a lot of prep time.

It's an interesting part of human memories, right? I think we like to remember the good parts, but the bad parts sometimes go away over time.

Do you think there'll be a line to walk for the team, then? Somewhere between creating that authentic experience that people have asked for, while also figuring out what doesn't make sense anymore? For example, with the Intellect buff, is it important to you that players do need to drink after casting it?

J. Allen Brack: Yes. That's part of the level 60 experience. Our goal is to recreate that classic 1-60 gameplay. Some things changed as time went on, with different patches. How does that get manifested? That's one of the outstanding questions. But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse.

also,

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming...sic-interview/

Digital Trends: During the BlizzCon Opening Ceremony you said you want WoW Classic to reproduce the classic WoW experience, but not the launch experience. How do you achieve that balance?

Allen Brack: The “launch experience” is sort of a joke. The launch experience is not a great experience, so we want the gameplay experience to be great, with those 2004-2005 WoW systems, but have it be very stable, server uptime, not have a lot of server queues, right? All the modern conveniences that we have in modern WoW.

So, content-wise, it will be the same?

Brack: Content-wise it will be identical. Now, “identical” has a lot of nuance, [though], because WoW changed a lot in the two years between launch and Burning Crusade. One of the reasons we are talking about this as early as we are is to get the community’s opinions on which way we should go for certain things.
    just something you should read.

By this same logic I guess it makes sense for Square Enix to abandon the FFVII remake since there's FXV and you can play it today, since it's literally the same game with QoL improvements. Clearly makes more sense just to re-publish a carbon copy of the 1997 version.

I don't have to get over it. I will voice my opinion on it however. Thankfully, Blizzard agrees with me.

While you are correct, that doesn't change the fact that Blizzard has made changes in every release based on empirical data.
    Games which are ongoing.

They may release a "bug free" game at patch 1.XX, we all know they will observe player trends, read forums and adjust as necessary to ensure a successful and profitable long term game.
    They stated specifically that whatever the player numbers they're committed to bringing classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    By this same logic I guess it makes sense for Square Enix to abandon the FFVII remake since there's FXV and you can play it today, since it's literally the same game with QoL improvements. Clearly makes more sense just to re-publish a carbon copy of the 1997 version.
    They can do whatever they want. What does their project have to do with WoW or me?
    Blizzard didn't make it and I never had any intrest in playing it.

just something you should read.
    I have read it. Maybe you should read it over again though because you are missing a few things. I like how you ignore things that have been said afterwords and the blue posts asking for our feedback. You also seemed to have missed blues talking about things in Classic and not even being sure what to do, what patch to be on and if any balancing issues should happen. It is all still up in the air. Hell, I don't even know if they've completed hiring for the team yet.

You can make all the magical assumptions you want but if they come out a year or two down the road and they change something, I want you to come here and post about how wrong you were so I can laugh at you twice.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have to get over it. I will voice my opinion on it however. Thankfully, Blizzard agrees with me.
    You sure? It does not appear that way

By your logic they never asked for a discussion on QoL changes etc, Therefor you just killed your own argument. Get. Over. It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.