15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    To be fair, it's been a bit of time since then. I'd assume he would have learned something about his time there.
    Ye but sometimes good coordinators arent good headcoaches.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    Somehow Seattle finds an OC that is worse than Bevell. This will go well. Schottenheimer is their new OC.
    I just saw this piece of news. They settled for Fredo Schottenheimer... I hate these retread hires. Carroll's age is starting to to show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Way late but here, I have never seen anything like the end of that Saints/Vkings game, and even after watching that play 20+ times, I have no clue what the Saints player was doing.
    He wanted to win the Marlon McCree Award for being bad at football, not understanding the concept of "safety" or understanding game situations.

It is a long name.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    To be fair, it's been a bit of time since then. I'd assume he would have learned something about his time there.
    It wasn't that long ago he got Tebow into the Patriots training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in Nawlins this morning.

Deleted
    Halp!

"One of the cool things smart offensive play-callers have taken to a new level this year—and Pat Shurmur does it exceedingly well—is very naturally make receivers pick defenders. The picks are legal because they look like accidents. But they’re not." [from today's MMQB]

What does 'pick' mean in this context?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Halp!

"One of the cool things smart offensive play-callers have taken to a new level this year—and Pat Shurmur does it exceedingly well—is very naturally make receivers pick defenders. The picks are legal because they look like accidents. But they’re not." [from today's MMQB]

What does 'pick' mean in this context?
    When you interfere with a defender trying to get to one of your receiver team mates. Within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage you can legally interfere with defenders that way and it's the reason many crossing routes and short throws work and how sometimes receivers get so wide open.

Beyond 1 yard it gets trickier. You are not allowed anymore to just jump in front of a defender or interfere with him directly BUT if you were to run a route and during that route cross the path of a team mate, making it hard for your team mate's defender to follow him, that is still legal. You can;t run into the defender, nor stop and stand in his way, but if you run your route and it naturally makes it hard, that's perfectly legal.

There's been quite some discussion and debate on what is still a legal pick play and when it's not, but offenses have gotten more devious in trying to get their players open with it for some time, which is what that quote is about. Pat Shurmur has apparently been really creative and good in getting his receivers open with these legal pick plays.

- - - Updated - - -

These videos show a bit of what it looks like: (only about 1 min long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVuIMhZbZzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabU_rMEacw

15+ Year Old Account
    One thing im looking forward too is Gronk vs Ramsey to see if he can cover him one on one.

Hmm this is a new one, for the first time the netherlands biggest cinema company is gonna show the Superbowl live over in 4 big city cinema's.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2018-01-15 at 07:11 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Report: ABC wants in on Thursday Night Football http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ight-football/

My reaction: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ESPN's already shitty crew, who are now losing Gruden will then call both Thursday AND Monday? That's AWEFUL. Pls, someone prevent this from happening. >.<

Deleted
    @xskarma
    Cheers; for going once more beyond the call of duty. Appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    @xskarma
    Cheers; for going once more beyond the call of duty. Appreciated.
    Any time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Any time.
    neeeeeeeeerd

10+ Year Old Account
    TNF should exclusively be CBS, they have the best music in all of football for Thursdays.

Oh wait, both games are playing on Sunday? I thought they would do one on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ New England Patriots.
    Minnesota Vikings @ Philidelphia Eagles.

And the Super Bowl is in Minnesota? I'm rooting for them vs. Patriots I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    TNF should exclusively be CBS, they have the best music in all of football for Thursdays.
    It should be CBS, cause Tony Romo. NFL should take quality of presentation in mind when giving out these contracts, not jsut go for money. (yeah right)

Seriously though, I'm praying it doesn;t end up with ABC.

The Superbowl is probably going to be in Philadelphia...
    *chuckles evilly*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The Superbowl is probably going to be in Philadelphia...
    *chuckles evilly*
    O.o What do you mean?

As a ravens fan who is from Baltimore, I am more outraged now than ever that we passed on Stefon diggs 4 times. I'm a draft fanatic and he's a Maryland kid who went on to play for the terps and his film showed a round 1 talent, round 2 when you account for his freak injuries that didn't linger. The fact that this kid played in our backyard his whole life and didn't end up in Baltimore is ridiculous. Anyone with half a brain knew he was gonna be good if he was healthy, except for 31 gms apparently

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It should be CBS, cause Tony Romo. NFL should take quality of presentation in mind when giving out these contracts, not jsut go for money. (yeah right)

Seriously though, I'm praying it doesn;t end up with ABC.
    Romo is another reason CBS should get TNF exclusivity, but that ES Posthumous intro is the most awesome sports theme on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Romo is another reason CBS should get TNF exclusivity, but that ES Posthumous intro is the most awesome sports theme on tv.
    Romo has got to be the best commentator I've ever heard.