Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

7.3.5 is tomorrow and Allied Races aren't coming

Source for patch being tomorrow; Patch Notes

Notice there's no mention of Allied Races or anything, Blizzard hasn't said anything about Allied Races or BfA pre-orders coming, so don't expect to be able to play them anytime soon. The files might be there but it'll likely be gated behind a switch when BfA pre-orders are available. Just wanting everyone who had their hopes up of actually having something to level with the updated leveling experience... to uh, not have their hopes up I guess.

But hey, at least the patch is tomorrow and we can FINALLY "farm" legendaries!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Clearly there's gonna be another minor patch down the road in which they add Allied Races (probably as pre-order bonus ?), who knows what else.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

They never ever confirmed they were coming in 7.3.5 anyway.

There's plenty there to keep me preoccupied.

Deleted
    Blizz has mentioned that Allied races are not a 7.3.5 feature.

However, this doesn't mean they are not coming with, or withing the 7.3.5 patch, but as a pre-order bonus.

So don't get your hopes down, yet

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Clearly there's gonna be another minor patch down the road in which they add Allied Races (probably as pre-order bonus ?), who knows what else.
    Yeah, probably a 7.3.8, maybe even a hotfix, or it could literally be in the patch, ready to go, just needs a pre-order applied to the account to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They never ever confirmed they were coming in 7.3.5 anyway.

There's plenty there to keep me preoccupied.
    I'm well aware of that; with the amount of Allied Race stuff added in 7.3.5 though, it was a high probably (but not 100%) of them coming with the patch, making a lot of people hope for and possibly even expect it. This is just a PSA that they aren't coming. I'm not upset, just stinks my 12th L110 is stuck on another server for a bit longer (gotta have my Bank alt, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Blizz has mentioned that Allied races are not a 7.3.5 feature.

However, this doesn't mean they are not coming with, or withing the 7.3.5 patch, but as a pre-order bonus.

So don't get your hopes down, yet
    I'm a pessimist by heart. I just made my own speculations, but either way, hey, don't have to start leveling a Void Elf yet, so there's that positive to look forward to.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Are stats squishing tomorrow also?
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    Are stats squishing tomorrow also?
    No stat squish is BFA systems patch aka 8.0.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's not coming, because it isn't part of 7.3.5 content. It's part of BfA and most likely will be immediate reward for BfA pre-purchase, along with 110 boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are going to activate it whenever preorders go life. They haven't said a word about allied races, why would they now? They want it to be a 'surprise'

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Yeah, probably a 7.3.8, maybe even a hotfix, or it could literally be in the patch, ready to go, just needs a pre-order applied to the account to unlock it.

I'm well aware of that; with the amount of Allied Race stuff added in 7.3.5 though, it was a high probably (but not 100%) of them coming with the patch, making a lot of people hope for and possibly even expect it. This is just a PSA that they aren't coming. I'm not upset, just stinks my 12th L110 is stuck on another server for a bit longer (gotta have my Bank alt, lol)

I'm a pessimist by heart. I just made my own speculations, but either way, hey, don't have to start leveling a Void Elf yet, so there's that positive to look forward to.
    Meh I just meant there's gonna be that crowd that will be like "BUT BLIZZARD PROMISED" as per usual. I guarantee it.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Allied races were never to be "defaulted" as a patch feature. Always speculated as a pre-order anytime between 7.3.5 and 8.0(Launch).

It's just the way they set up the first 4 races seperately from the other 2, I still assume those 4 races are unlockable before playing through the level 120 storylines.

It could just be coming in a few months, or as a pre-patch feature, basicly the files are here, Blizzard just can flip the switch whenever after 7.3.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe new races will come pre bfa like demon hunters pre-legion.

Allied races are almost certainly going to be in 8.0, around a month before BFA release. People that pre-order will get them during this patch, everyone else will have to wait for 8.0.3 on BFA launch.

Expect allied races around summer at the earliest.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    They are still in the game files coming whenever the patch comes. It means they can activate them with a simple hotfix.

Whoever made the call to launch the leveling overhaul and the allied races in separate patches is a fucking moron. Most of us are going to wait until the new races come out, which completely defeats the purpose of the leveling overhaul being a content drought filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Meh I just meant there's gonna be that crowd that will be like "BUT BLIZZARD PROMISED" as per usual. I guarantee it.
    Oh I'm definitely NOT saying "THEY PROMISED!", because I know this was all speculation to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Allied races are almost certainly going to be in 8.0, around a month before BFA release. People that pre-order will get them during this patch, everyone else will have to wait for 8.0.3 on BFA launch.

Expect allied races around summer at the earliest.
    Likely earlier. A month makes people rush a bit to level (especially now that it takes awhile). They gave a month for DHs to finish their intro quest. It's all-but-guaranteed to be prior to 8.0 coming, especially with how much of the Allied Race stuff made it in this patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    175 wakening essences still, didn't they upgrade the cost and the rate ?
    Likely a typo/they forgot to fix it. Assume it's still the new (higher) rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
    Whoever made the call to launch the leveling overhaul and the allied races in separate patches is a fucking moron. Most of us are going to wait until the new races come out, which complete defeats the purpose of the leveling overhaul being a content drought filler.
    Exactly how I feel. Seems stupid to change leveling content and NOT have something new to level, but whatever. Blizzard has lacked both foresight and hindsight forever now.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Lore confirmed that all that allied races datamined stuff is 8.0 stuff, we may get the quests to unlock them at a later point during the patch, just like some of the magni quests were weekly locked
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-01-15 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    even if they come in 7.3.5 they are still Battle for Azeroth features if you have to purchase the expansion.
    It's already been confirmed you have to buy BfA (similarly to DHs needing Legion) to use them. It's pretty much guaranteed to be a pre-order bonus and should HOPEFULLY come sooner than 8.0 so players have plenty of time (more than just 4 weeks) to level from 20-110 (instead of just doing a short DH intro quest series).

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Demon hunter weren't in the patch notes for 7.0.3 & came like 3 weeks after that.

So Allied races can still take a few weeks/month to come, but I still highly assume 4 of the races are available pre-launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very expected. But I'm not going to go through the nerfed leveling experience until those cool new races are released.

I still hope for them being released as an early pre-order bonus rather than a late one. They are gated behind Legion content, after all, and there must be a reason for them being in 7.3.5 rather than 8.0 (DHs were in 7.0)
    Last edited by Wries; 2018-01-15 at 06:44 PM.